Exploding Imp update

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Melvinflynt

Exploding Imp update

Post by Melvinflynt »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xFSO54IO94

Still not sure how much hp he needs. And he will have new sound. His death sound will be a mix of screaming and exploding. Gimmie ur thoughts.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Heh, nice! Sitters did something quite similar to this for his "Genetic Disaster" level for Risen 3D - but that was a model rather than a sprite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQRDZvFdxTQ

And yes, I was in god mode. :P
Melvinflynt

Post by Melvinflynt »

That was pretty cool. These guys i'm gonna have in statue form and they'll like randomly come alive. Kinda like that one hexen level with those floating guys that are dormant and then they all of the sudden come alive. I'm trying to stick with the style that the creators of the game made it so I'm not going to use any 3-D models.
I have some other ideas on new monsters like a big dude carrying two chainguns and skeleton dudes with shotguns that move really fast.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

I say you should give it enough HP so that *most* of the time you can take it out with one shotgun blast from *just* outside the blast radius, so that it closes in with that last bit of distance at unpredictable times letting Murphy's Law do the rest. :D

Looking forward to the skeleton dudes.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Melvinflynt wrote:I'm trying to stick with the style that the creators of the game made it so I'm not going to use any 3-D models.
I wasn't trying to imply that you needed to, in case you thought I was. I think your sprite looks cool. :thumb:
Unknown_Assassin

Post by Unknown_Assassin »

Nice monster. :)
Vaecrius wrote:I say you should give it enough HP so that *most* of the time you can take it out with one shotgun blast from *just* outside the blast radius.
Like the Chaingunguy, who has 70 health.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

The chaingunguy usually dies from one shot? o_O (though one-hit kills seem to be more common with the latest versions... but then this could be my new 800x600 resolution)
Unknown_Assassin

Post by Unknown_Assassin »

Vaecrius wrote:The chaingunguy usually dies from one shot? o_O (though one-hit kills seem to be more common with the latest versions... but then this could be my new 800x600 resolution)
With my experiences...yes, but generally, it should die by one shot from the shotgun. I guess it depends on the distance between you and the monster. Sometimes. when I fire close (I mean really close), it doesn't kill the Chaingunguy. I'm assuming that the bullets overlap each other, which subtracts damage that the monster will recieve from the bullets.

Or...

I could be wrong, and I suck at aiming properly. :?
Gez

Post by Gez »

Unknown_Assassin wrote:I could be wrong, and I suck at aiming properly. :?
I vote for this one.

The Heavy Weapon Dude usually takes two shotgun hits, or one supershotgun hit. However, sometimes he can be downed in just one shotgun hit, if he's close enough to get all seven pellets and you "roll high" on the damage.

It's the reverse of the imp, who is usually killed by just one shotgun blast, but sometimes survives and need another.

Demons and spectres usually need three shotgun shots to die, but sometimes two are enough. A single shot with the SSG is always enough, at least at close range.
Melvinflynt

Post by Melvinflynt »

Enjay wrote:
Melvinflynt wrote:I'm trying to stick with the style that the creators of the game made it so I'm not going to use any 3-D models.
I wasn't trying to imply that you needed to, in case you thought I was. I think your sprite looks cool. :thumb:
I know you weren't trying to imply that, I just wanted to explain my goal more hehe. That exploding 3-d imp reminds me of getting blown up in Quake 3. I loved the gibs in Q3
Project Shadowcat
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Project Shadowcat »

I thought Chaingun Guy had 80 HP, according to the data provided by DeHackEd.

Methinks an ideal HP level based on Vaecrius' suggestion would be 65. 5 over an Imp, but 5 under the average shotgun damage level.
HotWax

Post by HotWax »

The wiki wrote:actor ChaingunGuy 65
{
spawnid 2
obituary "%o was perforated by a chaingunner."
health 70
radius 20
height 56
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

DeHackEd has always told me it was 70 HP.
Project Shadowcat
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Project Shadowcat »

Okay, forget it. :)

Return to “Gameplay Mods”