HeXeReTiC Fantasy v3.1.1 (Update 27 Oct 2023)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Hexereticdoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: HeXeReTiC Fantasy v2.5 (Update 12 Jun 2021)

Post by Hexereticdoom »

A minor maintenance release of the mod is up! A few addons in the ZIP archive have been updated, and also included a totally new one (check the Addons text file for more info).

Keep enjoying and having fun, guys! 8-)
GoldenGuard95
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by GoldenGuard95 »

Here, made this for ya, mate. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92ewWSH_A5c&t :3:
Hexereticdoom

Post by Hexereticdoom »

GoldenGuard95 wrote:Here, made this for ya, mate. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92ewWSH_A5c&t :3:
Woah, very cool! I've added it right now to the first post... :thumb:

Many thanks for your video my friend! :cheers:
Chairkicker
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Chairkicker »

This is an excellent mod I've played for dozens of hours. Thanks a lot.

That said, the readme recommends elf gets pissed as a compatible wad, but loading it breaks the game as elfgp has modifications to weapons. Is there some trick I can do to achieve compatibility, or do I need to find an older version of elfgp?
Hexereticdoom

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Chairkicker wrote:the readme recommends elf gets pissed as a compatible wad, but loading it breaks the game as elfgp has modifications to weapons. Is there some trick I can do to achieve compatibility, or do I need to find an older version of elfgp?
How strange, I could have sworn that EGP did not incorporate any additional changes in weapons and some other things, but apparently I was wrong... :?

Anyway, it doesn't matter anymore, 'cause I have made myself a few changes on the PWAD to make it fully compatible with H-Fantasy or any other Heretic mod, a 'Clean Edition' to be precise... You can download it from the following link:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/wdj5fgu7 ... n.zip/file

(I hope the PWAD's original author, Rottking, doesn't get pissed by this small patched version, all credits keep going entirely to him...) :shucks:

Keep enjoying and having fun! 8-)
Chairkicker

Post by Chairkicker »

Hexereticdoom wrote:
Chairkicker wrote:the readme recommends elf gets pissed as a compatible wad, but loading it breaks the game as elfgp has modifications to weapons. Is there some trick I can do to achieve compatibility, or do I need to find an older version of elfgp?
How strange, I could have sworn that EGP did not incorporate any additional changes in weapons and some other things, but apparently I was wrong... :?

Anyway, it doesn't matter anymore, 'cause I have made myself a few changes on the PWAD to make it fully compatible with H-Fantasy or any other Heretic mod, a 'Clean Edition' to be precise... You can download it from the following link:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/wdj5fgu7 ... n.zip/file

(I hope the PWAD's original author, Rottking, doesn't get pissed by this small patched version, all credits keep going entirely to him...) :shucks:

Keep enjoying and having fun! 8-)
Thanks, worked like a charm. Is there a reliable method to "clean" other map wads like this to enable compatibility? I'd like to be able to do it myself if possible.

Also, what is your policy on modding Hexeretic Fantasy? I've been tweaking the mod for a while now and I'm considering releasing it; though only with your permission of course.
Hexereticdoom

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Chairkicker wrote:Thanks, worked like a charm. Is there a reliable method to "clean" other map wads like this to enable compatibility? I'd like to be able to do it myself if possible.
For now, I think the best method for that is to edit those maps oneself using the appropiate tool, like the SLADE's internal map editor (which I have used to make the patched PWAD) and then once you open the desired map level, just replace or remove all that external things introduced by the map WAD author that are not part of the original game, which normally are marked by a grey circle with a "?" sign in the map editor.

Once it is done, you must save the map and test it opening it with GZDoom, paying also attention to the showed console messages in case there are still any errors regarding the map structure.

Depending on how complicated the map is and the elements it contains, it can be more or less complicated to 'clean' it, but with a little practice and patience, it can be done without major problems... 8-)
Chairkicker wrote:Also, what is your policy on modding Hexeretic Fantasy? I've been tweaking the mod for a while now and I'm considering releasing it; though only with your permission of course.
In fact, there is not defined any concrete policy into my released mods or HUDs, because all of them are non-profit and made just for fun. So then if you have prepared a modified edition, you can release it at any time, but it would be very appreciated if you gave the appropriate credits, not only to me but also to those appearing on the credits list included in the README text file of the mod. :wink:
Chairkicker

Post by Chairkicker »

Hexereticdoom wrote: In fact, there is not defined any concrete policy into my released mods or HUDs, because all of them are non-profit and made just for fun. So then if you have prepared a modified edition, you can release it at any time, but it would be very appreciated if you gave the appropriate credits, not only to me but also to those appearing on the credits list included in the README text file of the mod. :wink:
Thanks. It'll be a while, I still have some reworks to do. I plan on overhauling the fiery crystal, adding a new poison AoE attack to the steelfeather rod, and I'll have to do some more tinkering with the hellish ballista. It currently uses the same code as hexen's frost shards to achieve a mid-range spread attack, but since it uses zscript for the code I don't know how to make A_FadeOut and transparency work. I'll figure it out, probably.
SaveTheDoomer
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by SaveTheDoomer »

I'm playing the game at 1080p, and the hud is too small to be readable... i tried to increase the hud size to no avail... any suggestion? EDIT : nevermind, i found it out... i have to set the scale factor to 4 or above :shock:
Hexereticdoom

Re: HeXeReTiC Fantasy v2.5.1 (Update 23 Sep 2021)

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Well, time has come for a new small update release after about three and a half months ago... :)

Here you can read an extract of the latest changelog for current version 2.5.1, that is also included in the README text file as usual:
- The bestiary has been moderately increased with some new fierce adversaries, and although most of them do not pose a serious threat, they'll be quite annoying in their efforts to get in your way... I bet you would like to know more details about this new batch, so without further ado, here is a brief description of each of them:
  • + Hades Gargoyle (another one of these small monsters which joins the fight, although apparently this one is a bit different since unlike its comrades, it is surrounded by a strange red aura. Some Allied Mages claim that these hellspawns have come from the very Realm of Hades, and for that reason they are called by that name. Watch out for their powerful flaming shots, and get rid of these flying beasts as soon as you can).

+ Butcher Pig (according to our explorer's report, it is a strange kind of bipedal wild boar with orange-ish skin and sharp tusks. At least it is known that it's a pretty primitive being, so it does not have any remarkable special magic powers, or at least it seems so... However, this strange mutant being should not be taken lightly, as it can run very quickly and a careless hunter could become its dinner with great ease. Do not trust yourself too much!)

+ Clay Golem (a quite gruesome, muddy and sticky humanoid monster that defends its territory by throwing harmful clay balls to anyone who gets too near of it. Curiously, it is one of the few enemies that possess the ability to heal themselves over time, and due to its nature as a ground monster, it is totally invulnerable to electric-type attacks. Also, it has a natural resistance to certain elemental and non-elemental attacks, although from what we have been able to find out its only weak point are ice and water elements...)

+ Risen Axe Thrower (a skeletal, cadaverous combatant who has joined D'Sparil's forces and that turns out to be even more aggressive and dangerous than the already known Undead Warriors. It is able to throw its powerful magical axes with great force and speed, so it can cause great damage in a very short time. It is also agile and moves quickly, but if you manage to be even faster and more skilled than itself, you shouldn't have too much trouble killing this despicable monster to send it back to the Underworld).
- Added a couple of decoration elements that you may find occasionally in your heretical adventures: the hostile Golden Diamond Turret (another one of these evil guardian devices that passively attack intruders, which curiously is made from a mineral that resembles to the well-known Crystal Geodes that you usually use as magic ammunition, and its spawned bolts are also very similar to those of your Elven Wand, so the most advisable thing is to be very careful with all these new sentinel gadgets and destroy them as soon as possible) and the Coloured Crystal Clusters (which fortunately are not hostile like the previous ones, and that on the other hand these rare crystal formations could be seen in certain places, such as mountain passages or abandoned caves; at the same time, it is estimated by some elven wisemen that these presumably valuable crystals could be the main source of those rough gemstones that are used as wealth currency by the Allied Mages... Interesting, isn't it?)

- Improved general compatibility with the latest Blasphemer wad file release (please just remember that this community-driven project is still under active development, so it's quite likely that some minor graphic glitches still occur; but overall this shouldn't seriously affect gameplay, so you may test it at any time if you want!)

- Some other minor changes, bugfixes, tweaks and code optimizations.
Don't forget that the download link is available at the first post, awaiting patiently for you... :winker:

That's all for the moment, keep enjoying and having fun! 8-)

EDIT: Re-uploaded the file due to a possible corrupt data problem, so please download it again and sorry for the inconvenience... :!:
dragomir

Post by dragomir »

Is there any way to increase hud size?i am playing at 1366x768 resolution.The face is too small and i cant see number of shuriken and other numbers cause they are too small. :? Also any wiki page for items and weapons?
Hexereticdoom

Post by Hexereticdoom »

dragomir wrote:Is there any way to increase hud size?i am playing at 1366x768 resolution.The face is too small and i cant see number of shuriken and other numbers cause they are too small. :? Also any wiki page for items and weapons?
You must open GZDoom's HUD Scaling Options and tweak the Fullscreen HUD override option, then adjust the HUD size pressing Left or Right cursor arrows in the corresponding bar until you find the most appropriate size for your screen resolution.

No wiki page available at the moment, sorry. But alternatively, there is a lot of information about the mod in the README.txt file included in the downloadable H-Fantasy ZIP archive. In case you need some additional info, please post your questions in this thread or send me a PM if you prefer.
dragomir

Post by dragomir »

what does key item do?i used one but nothing happens.its a 3 colored orb necless.
Hexereticdoom

Post by Hexereticdoom »

dragomir wrote:what does key item do?i used one but nothing happens.its a 3 colored orb necless.
The Keykeeper Talisman, once selected and used, gives you immediately all three colour door keys for the current map you're playing. So then, it is quite useful if you don't find the way to one (or more) of the keys, or if you want to reach the exit sooner than you normally would.
dragomir

Post by dragomir »

thanks for the info.i managed to increase hud size.Great mod,just like your doom mode.And its hard even in medium difficulty,i tried in hard and when the game starts i get shot from several sides,it was crazy. :D .i died a lot.and then started from medium difficulty.i am getting the hang of it.i will play this in hard mode later.This one is lot harder then your doom mode.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”