IMPORTANT: THIS MOD REQUIRES AT LEAST GZDOOM 4.X.X (OR LATEST RELEASES OF LZDOOM) TO WORK PROPERLY. OLDER VERSIONS OF GZDOOM/LZDOOM AND/OR OTHER SOURCEPORTS LIKE ZANDRONUM ARE NOT SUPPORTED.
Welcome to HeXeReTiC Fantasy!
Here you will take the role of Corvus III, the descendant of the brave Corvus, the unclaimed hero of the Sidhe Elves tribe.
Just like your grandfather, you'll have to confront again versus the evil Serpent Rider known as D'Sparil and all of his followers, and make your way into it with help of your habilities.
Thanks to your powerful physical and magical training during last decades, you feel prepared enough for your task. You got some new powers over time, also with your increased strength and agility, it's a big chance to make D'Sparil and his minions biting the dust one again, and this way honoring the memory of your defunct and beloved grandfather.
It's now time to pick up your new recharged Jade Rod and start now your new adventures!
HeXeReTiC Fantasy is a GZDoom/LZDoom randomizer mod destined for being loaded and used exclusively with Heretic IWAD. Yeah, although at first it may seem by the mod title, it is not compatible with Hexen, but instead it brings and adapts some ported elements from that classic Raven Software game. It can also be used for some external PWADs that modify original Heretic map levels, as long as they don't make some critical changes which alter the gameplay, monsters, weapons and other base elements, because it may conflict badly with this mod. Some PWADs like Heretic Treasure Chest, Call of the Apostate, Curse of D'sparil, Elf Gets Pissed (Clean Edition only), HYMN, History of Fruit, etc. should be perfectly played with HeXeReTiC Fantasy, and also it can be used with most auto-generated PWADs made with Oblige or Obhack tools!
This randomizer mod has been built mainly from some already existent ZDoom Heretic addons/mods, taking them as a base and adding some improvements and exclusive new features. Most of the used resources comes from the following addons/mods: COTIS Visual Enhancement mod, Heretweak weapons mod, Merciless Enhancement mod, [Hexen & Heretic] Remixed & Remastered Sounds addon and some Realm667 website resources, without forgetting the material coming from original Raven Software games. (See more details in Credits section).
Like all my previous workings, this mod is provided for you at no cost, and has been created just and only for fun. And of course, I DO NOT earn any money from it in any way, not even in the hosting and downloading file action, and it never will be! (That's not my style, you will know...)
LIST OF MOD CONTENTS
- Improved graphic special effects and remastered sounds overall, plus randomizing spawners for monsters and collectible items (weapons, ammo, artifacts...)
- A stronger and more agile heroic main character: Corvus III can pick up more health and ammo, run faster and jump higher than his memorable grandfather, and even can stand for very long time without breathing underwater! (Suck that, Guybrush Threepwood! )
- New eight skill difficulty levels: you can choose from the piece-of-cake Sorcerer's Apprentice to the really challenging Supreme Master of Spells!
- A new starting weapon: the Emerald Rod [*]. A magical reliable device with medium-low power that will help you to fight against the first enemy hordes. It has a quite precise long-range attack, and can be also very useful when other weapons and their ammunition types get scarce, because your Emerald Rod's energy will never run out!
- Every and each one of the game weapons have their own alternative fire mode, and also their power can be remarkably increased thanks to the influence of the new magic Tome of Might [**] which can be very helpful against severe hordes of enemies, or even the toughest bosses to fight!
- Available medium-sized ammunition pickups: they will give you more ammo units than small pickups, but less than big ones. (Obviously, what did you think? )
- New enemies coming mostly from Hexen universe, so the game bestiary is now more varied and difficulty is also increased! (Also including some exclusive variations, like the Ice Gargoyle and previously unfeatured ghost-mode enemies).
- New collectible items and artifacts: enhanced crystal vials, a new shield type, plus some improved Hexen artifacts: Poison Flechette and Disc of Repulsion. (Oh yes, and a totally new one: the Regeneration Elixir!)
- Special direct action keys: Taunting action (Default key: T - It allows you to make fun of your enemies, but it could alert some hidden ones!) and One-Key-Savegame action (Default key: O - Directly brought feature from my previous H-Project mod, this allows to save instantly your game without having to navigate through GZDoom/LZDoom menu and having to choose and name manually a slot; let the friendly Holy Savior make the work for you!)
[*]: This weapon has taken the place of the older and smaller Jade Rod in HeXeReTiC Fantasy Special Edition, although it's not too different in terms of functionality and playability.
[**]: This artifact has completely replaced the classic Tome of Power since the release of version 2.7, in order to fix for good the lately unwanted behaviour of the powered weapons in the mod, due to the recent internal code changes upon the release of GZDoom v4.6.0 and its LZDoom equivalent version.
VERSION HISTORY (FROM OLDER TO NEWER)
(Removed due to exceeding characters limit in the post. From now you can check the complete version history in README text archive included in the download ZIP file).
CREDITS LIST (MAY BE INCOMPLETE)
Spoiler:GO TO DOWNLOAD SITE (MODDB)
Hope you enjoy your Heretic adventures with HeXeReTiC Fantasy!
Have fun and a nice Doomsday...