Updated the WW2 pack. Was inspired to do this while I was playing WolfenDoom: Arctic Wolf. Arctic Wolf itself was sadly an unfun experience for me, with lots of mandatory secrets, arbitrary linedef progression, egregious pointless backtracking, unclear exit points, first timer traps, and lots of repetitive featureless corridors. Others might enjoy it, but I simply can't recommend it to anyone.
Anyways! The update!
Here's an image showing the new stuff:
And the changelog details:
- An all new addition to the main WW pack, everyone welcome the Webley, replacing the revolver!
- Another addition is the chainsaw from Heart of Evil. I'm not sure if it's period accurate, but I did replace the stickers for Wehrmacht symbols (that due to offsets, might not even be visible). It'll do for a replacement.
- Saw that the fists sprites in the main WW2 pack were not replaced, decided to grab some old stuff from my BoA addons to replace those. A bit rough since it's done ages ago, but I still like it nonetheless.
- New mag sprites for all CLIPA0-based sprites (pistol/SMG/ZM66/Vulcanette), both in main pack and Variant A. WolfenDoom likes to blank these out, makes for mag searching hard.
- New mag sprites for all Liberator replacements, was a bit odd just straight using the one from the regular pack.
- New slideback sprites for pistols, finally learned how HDest does these. Same thing for auto pistols, you should now notice the extra pixels that makes them different.
- New green armor and blue armor sprites added.
- New berserk pack sprite added.
- New hazmat suit sprite added.
- Recolored the shotgun shells to be slightly more period accurate. Not quite perfect, but I didn't want them to look similarly to the bullets other guns drop.
- New medkit sprites added.
- Replaced HEAT ammo sprite, haven't tampered with the actual rocket sprites themselves, probably in a later update.
- New cell ammo sprites added.
Other miscellaneous releases include an update to the HL sprite pack to properly replace the shotgun shells with red/yellow ones, revolver sound addon for the regular set, and an addon in the WW2 section to play the failure music from Hidden and Dangerous 1 whenever you get yourself killed. I think that's about it.