Ultra-Crispy (25/07/19) I update... again!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Valherran

Re: Ultra-Crispy (24/02/19) I live... AGAIN!

Post by Valherran »

I can't seem to activate the silencers on the MAC-10's unless I press 8 or 9 on the keyboard for instant duel wield.

Also the MAC-10's seem a little loud when dual wielding them.
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by StroggVorbis »

Valherran wrote:I can't seem to activate the silencers on the MAC-10's unless I press 8 or 9 on the keyboard for instant duel wield.

Equip a single MAC-10 (11?), press alternate fire to put on the silencer and then 'Weapon Zoom' to dual wield.

Also, it's impossible to see if the sawed off has any shells loaded, making me reload when I wanted to use the altfire on numerous occassions in Hexen.
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

DabbingSquidward wrote:
Valherran wrote:I can't seem to activate the silencers on the MAC-10's unless I press 8 or 9 on the keyboard for instant duel wield.

Equip a single MAC-10 (11?), press alternate fire to put on the silencer and then 'Weapon Zoom' to dual wield.

Also, it's impossible to see if the sawed off has any shells loaded, making me reload when I wanted to use the altfire on numerous occassions in Hexen.
Ah TY, didn't think of that.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

M477550N wrote:This mod is awesome!! Question: I played ZBloody Hell and Ultra Crispy, when I see some ammo crates I can't pick them up. Any way to fix this?
Thanks for this great mod! Looks amazing!
Hmmm, only if i could make a patch for ZBloody Hell. Which version are you playing?
Gadosen wrote: O papai chegou! Uh-O papai chegou! ♪
Sounds even better that it was before... as soon as I'm home I'm going to test this bad boy out XD
BTW Have you seen something about Re-Blood? That could help the mod go even further IMO
Indeed, i am eager to play it, and i also contaced ABalen to ask for his cool ideas ;)
erni945 wrote:GAA, I was reminded of one thing I was about to ask you. Is the assault rifle now available at Hexen?
It is now, but the way spawners are located haven't pleased me. Next version will contain the Assault Rifle earlier instead of the Jackhammer.
DabbingSquidward wrote:

Got ninja'd by Dabbing, but it is exactly that. I'll see what i can do about the shells :)
StroggVorbis

Post by StroggVorbis »

Two more things:
Since the dynamite is bound to Slot 1 and comes before the machete, I've accidentally blown myself up countless times after running out of ammo in Hexen :P

Handling of the armor system (this applies to Flakes, Factotum and any other mods of yours with Hexen compatibility too):
You can either add a "Player.HexenArmor a, b, c, d, e" property to the player class (a is base AC, b is armor, c is shield, d is helmet and e is amulet. Must be a multiple of 5, gets divided by 5 on the HUD. More info here: https://zdoom.org/wiki/Classes:HexenArmor

Or

You can keep the Doom armor system and have each replacement inherit from BasicArmorBonus instead of BasicArmor. This way, they will all add to each other instead of being mutually exclusive. They should all have the same SavePercent if done this way.
Example:
Helmet->SaveAmount: 50
Armor->SaveAmount: 100
Shield->SaveAmount: 75
Amulet->SaveAmount: 25
(For Flakes you could use red, green, yellow and blue armors)
Collect them all and you have 250 armor.
The Dragonskin Bracers have special handling when used with Doom armor as they boost your current armor by 50 up to 300.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Interesting! I recall you telling me this before, but i thought Hexen system was kinda confusing (or it was really simple and i couldn't see it right before me...)

But the second suggestion you just gave me is awesome! Considering Blood has many kinds of Armor, this goes VERY well with this :)

Thanks again!
StroggVorbis

Post by StroggVorbis »

No problem. And about Hexen's armor, it's basically like CRPGs with a durability system, or imagine Fallout, S.T.A.L.K.E.R., Elder Scrolls Oblivion or similar games. The higher your armor class, the higher your protection. And vice versa. In Doom terms, Armor.SavePercent is directly tied to Armor.SaveAmount. An AC of 20 would be 100% protection, 16 would be 80%, 10 would be 50%, 5 would be 25%, and so on. :)

If you enable the alternative HUD in Hexen, you can see your total armor (AC multiplied by 5).
M477550N

Post by M477550N »

I picked up 1x dynamite bundle but I can't choose any dynamite when scrolling the weapons list and I have no machete?
This is my load order of mods "file zbloody_hell.wad ZBloody_Hell_v195.pk3 ZBloody_Hell_v195_Caleb.pk3 ZBloody_Hell_v195x_Patch.pk3 sm4BBgorev2.pk3 UltraCrispyMusicPatch.pk3 UltraCrispy.pk3"
Should I load them in some other order?

Tried with cheats that gave me all weapons and then I see all of them so maybe we don't start with the machete?

Also noticed that Ultra Crispy needs to be loaded AFTER Zbloody Hell, then all the ammo can be picked up :)
Tried the first level with the load order above and when I pick up the flare gun the flare doesn't hit enemies, instead it stops above their heads and does not register as a hit.
M477550N

Post by M477550N »

GAA1992 wrote: Let's set our minds back to 1871.

HAVE FUN!
Would it be okey with you if someone used your explosions from Ultra Crispy and used them in another mod and gave you credit for it?
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

About explosions: If you are going to use the 3d models bundled with it, please credit Sgt. Mark IV for the reference in MODELDEF. If not, you can credit me as well as Medal of Honor Alied Assault (or 2015 studios) for the sprites. I can't recall where the sounds are from but my guess is F.E.A.R. (torridgristle ripped those sounds).

I never really tried UC with Blood TCs, because they always tend to lag, crash or make items break, so... Maybe if a definitive version of ZBloodyHell comes out i can study the insides and replace stuff.

EDIT: Oh, and by the way, expect a update tonight with more cool ideas. :)
M477550N

Post by M477550N »

Ok nice! Thank you!

Wow that sounds great! Will check later tonight then :)
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

Valherran wrote:the MAC-11's seem a little loud when dual wielding them.
Looks like the volume intensifies when firing any dual wielded weapon at the exact same time, I noticed it doing the same with the shotguns too. Would be great if something could be done about that.

Napalm Launcher blast radius could use a buff, there's barely a difference between that and the Flare Gun. Also the alt-fire consumes way too much ammo.

Minigun feels kinda weak. It eats tons of ammo but only seems to perform the same as the MAC-11s, using the dual AR's is more efficient when using the bigger bullets overall.

Look forward to whatever you got in store for us next.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: Ultra-Crispy (26/02/19) I update... AGAIN!

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Thanks for the support! It seems you are liking the mod, no matter the way it is getting.

Here's another update for you all!

In this update i took some time to do things i kinda forgot before, along with changes i was just waiting for a green light to get going.
Spoiler: Changelog
Hope you all have fun! Unless some major bugs appear, this is going to be a stable build, so we can work on add-ons. :)
TheEternalStruggler

Post by TheEternalStruggler »

If I may make some suggestions for add-ons.

1.) Replacing the Trenchgun sprites with the Blood Alpha pump-shotgun sprite.

2.) A chainsaw perhaps? A chainsaw would be pretty rad and give the mod an Evil Dead feel.

3.) A katana and shuriken (as a nod to Shadow Warrior).

4.) A literal cannon. (sort of a reference to Serious Sam.)

5.) A M60 machine gun, because why not?

6.) Explosive bow and arrow ala Rambo.

7.) M1911 replacement for the Beretta M92FS?

With all that being said....

THE UPDATE IS AWESOME! Great work man! Great work! :D
LossForWords

Post by LossForWords »

blood alpha pump shotgun?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”