Ultra-Crispy (25/07/19) I update... again!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Ultra-Crispy (25/07/19) I update... again!

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Let's set our minds back to 1871.

We all know the sad fate of the undead cowboy known as Caleb, main character of the Blood series and his thirst for vengeance, as he was betrayed by the dark god known as Tchernobog.

When Tchernobog killed the Chosen, and among them, Caleb's beloved Ophelia, he knew Caleb would seek revenge more powerful than ever, many years later. But what if Tchernobog used his powers to banish him once and for all from that dimension?

Caleb awakes in the middle of a demonic invasion on earth. But not that world he used to know. Things look too different. It's up to you to find some answers.

Or maybe, you could wake up on a Dark-fantasy themed scenario, a flemoid nightmare, or even, a dystopic cyberpunk themed world! The possibilities are on your hands.
Spoiler: Brief Instructions
Spoiler: Regarding the choice of weapons
Spoiler: Credits
Spoiler: Changelogs
Spoiler: Videos
Spoiler: Add-ons
Feel free to make add-ons, suggest fresh ideas, point bad stuff, good stuff, but play this to the maximum! I might have not suceeded in emulating the perfeccionism of Blood, but all i want is for people to feel good in this distorted vision i have of Caleb.

Small article on Realm 667:

https://realm667.com/index.php/en/home/ ... tra-crispy

Download Link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MdsO_e ... sp=sharing

HAVE FUN!
Last edited by Dr_Cosmobyte on Sat Jul 08, 2023 10:56 pm, edited 40 times in total.
AvzinElkein

Re: Ultra-Crispy (Playable WIP)

Post by AvzinElkein »

Dare you to make it compatible with Chex Quest 3! :P
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

You are killing it with these mods GAA, keep it up!
TheNightATK300

Post by TheNightATK300 »

So what does focus mean...?
TheLightBad96
Location: Jonathan Crimson pleased to make your acquaintance.

Post by TheLightBad96 »

INSERT 4Chan Pic Here
> Sees mod from Papa GAA
> Hit's download
> Moves mod to mod folder
> Plays it with GZdoom
> Is really Amused with the latest arsenal that Papa GAA has delivered unto us this time
> I'mlovingit.jpg

:wub:

While i'm being serious here, this mod is pretty awesome I mean you nailed it here, I will play it for a while longer before thinking about ideas or something.
twinkieman93

Post by twinkieman93 »

So, I'll probably edit this into a more full post once I've had more time with the mod but one thing I think needs to be addressed right now is that corpse barrels are apparently filled with undiluted liquid lag, because popping one completely locks up my game for several seconds. Popping more than one at a time has completely crashed it. My laptop ain't state of the art or anything but it can handle pretty much anything but the most extreme slaughtermaps fairly well. Think you could tone that effect down a little bit, or have a CVAR for it, or something? Anything? x.x
Wivicer
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Wivicer »

Watched Term stream this. Thought it was real fuckin neato. Looking forward to playing it!
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

AvzinElkein wrote:Dare you to make it compatible with Chex Quest 3! :P
ASAP man, just gimme some time :)
TheNightATK300 wrote:So what does focus mean...?
Focus is the, let's say, "mana" ammo pool in Blood 2. Some weapons, like the "Flayer", "The Orb" or even the "Life Leech" use this. Since i wanted a reason to make the Life Leech share ammo with the Cursed Heart, i found it a nice way to suit the need of a ammo pool.
twinkieman93 wrote:So, I'll probably edit this into a more full post once I've had more time with the mod but one thing I think needs to be addressed right now is that corpse barrels are apparently filled with undiluted liquid lag, because popping one completely locks up my game for several seconds. Popping more than one at a time has completely crashed it. My laptop ain't state of the art or anything but it can handle pretty much anything but the most extreme slaughtermaps fairly well. Think you could tone that effect down a little bit, or have a CVAR for it, or something? Anything? x.x
A CVAR sounds good. It lags a lot here when played with Ketchup. Thanks for noticing! =p
insightguy wrote:You are killing it with these mods GAA, keep it up!
TheLightBad96 wrote:While i'm being serious here, this mod is pretty awesome I mean you nailed it here, I will play it for a while longer before thinking about ideas or something.
Wivicer wrote:Watched Term stream this. Thought it was real fuckin neato. Looking forward to playing it!
Thank you guys!!! Glad to see you like it!
TheNightATK300

Post by TheNightATK300 »

I think of the same, I like that mod. I haven't played a Blood-Themed mod before really. Besides the mods that uses Blood-based weapons.
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

just a quick thing, I think a lot of the guns could benefit from feeling like they're aiming at the crosshair
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

SUPER Crispy! Glad it's finally here and it's been a pleasure to help and support your mod. This mod is so far impressive and great!
Zhs2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Post by Zhs2 »

I think it's super wonky that you have to click a third time to reload a sawed-off. Blood always did the reload animation automatically following the second shot.

The Berettas don't feel responsive. There's an input delay before the next time you can fire that makes it difficult to achieve a consistent trigger rate, which makes it frustrating to use no matter dual or single.

Is there any special reason why it takes more than twice as long to switch back to single weapons from dual?

Other than those complaints, this is pretty cool. I see where the inspiration from Blood 2 came from, mainly what CT said (although it isn't that hard to kill things you're aiming at!)
Dude27th

Post by Dude27th »

Neat
namsan
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by namsan »

Very nice mod!
Weapons are very fun to use, and they look good.

I don't know why did you place Dynamites to slot 0, though.
It's a rather weird choice.
Dude27th

Post by Dude27th »

GAA1992 wrote:
Spoiler: Credits
Yeah but , at least judging by the screenshots , it looks like you used the same concept with THAT jacket and THAT hat , which I used previously on my Bloody Hands mod. :?

What about "Concept loosely based on:"
or "The idea of jacket + hat comes from ..." something like that ??

Return to “Gameplay Mods”