[Released] Journey To Hell

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
DamTheGreat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

[Released] Journey To Hell

Post by DamTheGreat »

After a WAAAY too long development time (due to my severe issues with keeping motivated), it's finally here! My first map pack: Journey to Hell. I had posted a thread about a year ago announcing it, but I never posted any updates, so I create a new one to not necro the old one.

12 new levels (10 normal, 2 secret), new sounds, new graphics, one new music track (in the super secret level). I didn't implement difficulty, so it's meant to be played on the easiest.

EDIT: forgot to mention: has to be played with GZDoom and mouselook is required.

EDIT2: New version with fixed issues

EDIT3: Even newer versions with more issues fixed

Screenshots:

Link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1u8kfhX ... sp=sharing

Thank you to everyone here in the community who helped out with the various issues I faced during development!

Now for a bit of history of the pack, skip this bit if you only care about the level:

Development time took very long (over a year) due to my aforementioned issues with motivation and also because at several points I ran out of ideas. There is a bit of a learning curve noticable in the pack, although it's not apparent, as I designed the levels out of order, As I progressively acquired new knowledge, for example, quite a few levels have no 3D floors, then I learned about them and started implementing them in my levels, same with PolyObjects. The last few levels I designed (MAP08 and MAP12) are quite complex, script-wise. Also, during development time, I acquired a Shutterstock license, so I went all out with new graphics in those last two levels
Last edited by DamTheGreat on Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dynamo

Re: [Released] Journey To Hell

Post by Dynamo »

Congrats on getting this finished, it's quite the feat to release a mappack by yourself in only a year, actually, if you're not an experienced mapper. Some of the messages at the start of some levels are a bit superfluous in my opinion but it's a minor thing. :)

Return to “Levels”