Issues with brightness on zdoom

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
lemonheadtl

Issues with brightness on zdoom

Post by lemonheadtl »

Hello fellas, I am experiencing issues with my brightness while I try to play Unloved on zdoom. Does anybody know how to make it so that I can actually see what Im shooting at? Thanks
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Issues with brightness on zdoom

Post by Caligari87 »

There's several possibilities in the Display Options menu: Raise gamma, adjust Brightness/Contrast, or change lighting mode in the OpenGL options submenu (also maybe play with Tonemapping, Bloom, and other options there).

Basically pick whichever option looks good to you. I prefer changing the OpenGL lighting mode

8-)
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Are you playing in Software mode, by chance?

If you are trying to play it in Software mode, keep in mind that Unloved is not yet 100% software compatible. (Although, it is one of the primary mods driving software renderer development from my end, I can't speak for the other devs, though)

For the most part, it works, but there are still several glitches in several places and you will overall have a better experience in OpenGL (and you will be able to fine tune your vid_contrast/brightness settings there, as well).
lemonheadtl

Post by lemonheadtl »

Ok thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately, I am still pretty new to the doom wad terminology and stuff... Im not too sure what OpenGL is. I guess I dont know how to access it.

Update... Nevermind guys I got it. I was playing on zdoom and not zandromun. Apparently there are many more options on zandronum. However, the only thing that bothers me is that I cant seem to figure out how to map weapons to my dpad like I could on zdoom (I use an xbox 1 controller)

Return to “Technical Issues”