MYTH- HEXEN RPG~ Images updated #3! 8/5/10

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Sephiron

MYTH- HEXEN RPG~ Images updated #3! 8/5/10

Post by Sephiron »

Code: Select all

Soup. For the past month or so I've been working on this Hexen RPG. I have just got out of planning and structuring the systems, and It's about time to actually make more parts of the game. I thought this would be a great time to start my thread in the projects forum to show off what 've got so far.

Murder. A crime such as this is normally punished by death. The only people who aren't given this punishment are politics or great generals. You are neither of which. That is why you expected to be executed very soon. Executed for a crime you didn't commit.

You were convicted of killing your parents. Even though you had no involvement. You have few ideas as to who might have done it. but you decided not to look into the subject. Seeing as you were supposed die soon.
The best idea you had was someone in an occult. The matter in which the bodies were found, limbs displayed in a strange fashion, words written in blood. It is something you don't like to think about. That's why you sat patiently waiting for death... for only two days.
For some reason, the guards are letting you out of prison. The government is clearing your name. You are even being sent to a new region of the country where no one has heard of the murders. Why they are doing this, you don't know, but you have the feeling you will find out soon.

The question is, do you want to find out why?

CREDITS TO LOLAZER FOR NAME, PLOT, AND A FEW MUSICS. MUCH BROLOVE.

Features
A crime system in which works in this way:
Spoiler:
A shopping system that includes:
Spoiler:
Quests and guilds
Spoiler:

More to come
Spoiler:

Screenshots ~SEE BELOW FOR UPDATED SCREENSHOTS
Spoiler:
new images as of 7/12/10! ~SEE BELOW FOR UPDATED SCREENSHOTS
Spoiler:
I hope you like them :D
Oh yeah, music you hear in the city is this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gszfeS2 ... r_embedded#!

UPDATED as of 7/30/10! ~SEE BELOW FOR UPDATED SCREENSHOTS
Spoiler:
New images as of 8/5/10! Also, updated!
Spoiler:
Last edited by Sephiron on Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:28 pm, edited 11 times in total.
ShadesMaster

Re: Nameless Hexen RPG heavily based off of Daggerfall

Post by ShadesMaster »

Looks promising!!!! Can't wait to see more!!!!
Shadelight

Post by Shadelight »

I like what you got here so far.
@CodenniumRed: how many times have I told you to stop posting like that? :|
Sangelothi

Post by Sangelothi »

BlazingPhoenix wrote: @CodenniumRed: how many times have I told you to stop posting like that? :|
Huh??? I don't see anything wrong with that post, it just seems like the user is pleased with what they see. I certainly don't see anything wrong with stating that :|

Just out of curiosity, how linear is this mod going to be??? Open like but still linear like Strife??? Or actually open world (to a certain degree)??? Looks great though :mrgreen:
David Ferstat

Post by David Ferstat »

Sephiron wrote: A crime system in which works in this way:
Spoiler:
That's not a crime system. That's a reputation system.
Shadelight

Post by Shadelight »

Zero-X wrote:
BlazingPhoenix wrote: @CodenniumRed: how many times have I told you to stop posting like that? :|
Huh??? I don't see anything wrong with that post
So..you don't see anything wrong with someone posting excessive exclamation marks nearly every fucking post? I'm getting really sick of it. I hate it when people post like that.
Sangelothi

Post by Sangelothi »

BlazingPhoenix wrote:
Zero-X wrote:
Huh??? I don't see anything wrong with that post
So..you don't see anything wrong with someone posting excessive exclamation marks nearly every fraking post? I'm getting really sick of it. I hate it when people post like that.
I see your point now after going through CodenniumRed's post...maybe CodenniumRed is very easy to please??? :roll:
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

:P
ZDG

Post by ZDG »

Wow, i never thought you were workin' on something like THAT. Looks really good!
Sephiron

Post by Sephiron »

Zero-X wrote:
Huh??? I don't see anything wrong with that post, it just seems like the user is pleased with what they see. I certainly don't see anything wrong with stating that :|

Just out of curiosity, how linear is this mod going to be??? Open like but still linear like Strife??? Or actually open world (to a certain degree)??? Looks great though :mrgreen:
I'm trying to make it as non-linear as possible, but still keep a normal storyline. Replayability is my main goal, so there's going to be alot of side-quests and maybe alternative endings. There's also going to be a very open-ended world littered with dungeons that are optionally explored or for a specific quest. Just straying away from the road will uncover forests that you have never explored, or hidden temples enshrouded with fog that may contain chests full of just a health potion to a full armory of magic weapons.

The game will be separated into "acts", which serve as separate "regions" in pokemon terms. Every act consists of one very large map. Gaining access to the different acts require you to travel by boat, airship, or foot.

If anyone wishes to help me with a main plot and name, please start making suggestions.
Apothem

Post by Apothem »

Enjoy your scripting nightmare :P

I look forward to seeing how you go about implementing all of this. Good luck! :thumb:
Grymmoire
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Grymmoire »

I hope he does know how to script all this, because now I am interested in playing this. I like the reputations system, this mod looks promising.
Wheeeeee! Image
Sephiron

Post by Sephiron »

Well yeah, of course I know how to script all this.
I wouldn't call It much of a scripting nightmare, but rather finding ways to work around the limitations of the engine. If anyone encounters nightmares, It's this community for having to answer all my damn questions xD
Apothem

Post by Apothem »

Is it going to be single player only? I'd be very interested if it was MP compatible. :D
Sephiron

Post by Sephiron »

Apothem wrote:Is it going to be single player only? I'd be very interested if it was MP compatible. :D
It will be multiplayer, but I hope you don't mind shared gold. At east that's how I plan it. Unless I can manage to get a custom item in there It's going to be shared.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”