[Release] Parkour -- v1.1

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Gorec

Re: [Release] Parkour -- v1.1

Post by Gorec »

DonnieDark wrote:I would also like to see a separate version with just the jumping awesomeness!
i ripped all other things in mod except for walljump so it works with some other mods
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

A "Parkour Lite" that can be easily loadable with other mods would be pretty coolio. Dunno when I'll get around to making an "official" one myself, but feel free to post up your own version if you've got it made.
VICE

Post by VICE »

Xaser wrote:A "Parkour Lite" that can be easily loadable with other mods would be pretty coolio. Dunno when I'll get around to making an "official" one myself, but feel free to post up your own version if you've got it made.
I should mention that my add-on for D4D borrows some wall jumping code from Parkour. (Your name appears in the credits list, of course).

I tweaked and removed a bunch of things, and I don't remember exactly what I changed, but I could isolate what I have into a separate Pk3 so that it works as a standalone, if anyone wants that.
Aethun

Post by Aethun »

Please! Post it!
I love parkour in Heretic and Hexen!!

But parkour send me error messages constantly.

Edge grab can possible in 3D floors?
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Aethun wrote:But parkour send me error messages constantly.
What errors? If there's a bug, I can't fix it if I don't know what it is.
VICE

Post by VICE »

Aethun wrote:Please! Post it!
I love parkour in Heretic and Hexen!!

But parkour send me error messages constantly.

Edge grab can possible in 3D floors?
dashwalljump.pk3
(17.73 KiB) Downloaded 340 times
Here's a pk3 with Xaser's Walljump and KeksDose's Dash together. Fun times.
Source is there and everything is commented, so it should be pretty easy to tinker with the variables in SLADE.

I have to admit, a few years back when I didn't know how to work with ACS, I would have killed for a simple plugin like this. :P
Baconator

Post by Baconator »

Hi Xaser!

Thank you for your awesome mod, really enjoying it!

Could we have secondary fire for shotgun like very accurate high damage slug which can sometimes detonate lesser enemies? Like the elephant gun in DoomRL.
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

The mod is complete and released. I have no plans to release any new versions unless a severe bug crops up.

Super-glad you're enjoying it, though! :D
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

Having played this and Trailblazer, I can't help but wonder if the Parkour guy (or Freerunner as he's called in Doomvengers) is the Trailblazer's long-lost son or vice-versa (as they both have similar aerial moves and dual-wield pistols and sawn-offs) :wink:
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

Jeimuzu73 wrote:Having played this and Trailblazer, I can't help but wonder if the Parkour guy (or Freerunner as he's called in Doomvengers) is the Trailblazer's long-lost son or vice-versa (as they both have similar aerial moves and dual-wield pistols and sawn-offs) :wink:
I'd daresay it's a lovechild of a lot of Xaserian-related hijinks, plus my own hubbubs. :P (Psychic-styled sawed-off reloads, cough~)
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

PillowBlaster wrote:(Psychic-styled sawed-off reloads, cough~)
I swear I keep telling people it's armpits. Really strong armpits.
DoomRater
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by DoomRater »

Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Someone ought to make Armpit Doom a reality. The world needs this.

[Also, thanks for the kind words + flattery -- trailblazer comparison == O_O]
doommarine1979

Post by doommarine1979 »

Parkour is sport that you jump and run every obstacle on way.

So this meaning for this doom mod! :D (I mean it's mutator, but it's okay.)

let me review this:
1. the fist are still fine.
2. chainsaw are okay too.
3. "Give a guy a gun, and he's Superman . Give him two, and
he's God!" taken from hard boiled quote movie, it just how I appreciated for pistol that can be dual wielded and the sawn-off double barrel shotgun that so much references Alice using his two sawn-off double barrel shotgun in Resident Evil movie. :-)
4. the shotgun are still okay.
5. the chaingun with grenade launcher attachment mostly references to pulse rifle at the Aliens. make this weapon to keeping stay frosty. :-)
6. the rocket launcher with flamethrower addon makes look like a mashup Doom/Aliens style. I like it. :-)
7. the plasma rifle has nice plasma sparkle ball, alt-fire has like before plasma rifle in Doom (2016) was cool.
8. finally you give bfg 9000 alt-fire Christmas sparkle ball bfg. :-)
9. secret weapon when I'm idfa, cybie launcher and mastermind auto shotgun chaingun cannon? I think this is great idea.

the result this doom mod(mutator) are very simple, but the gameplay still original and with new feature it's outstanding. :D

10/10
Aethun

Post by Aethun »

for
Xaser
and
VICE
I need some help with this mutators (double jump and dashwall jump)

I've created maps for the D4T mod, these maps allow you to take advantage of the double jump and more freedom to use the demons. I happened to adapt these maps for Heretic and Hexen, Brutal Doom and mods that run in Zandronum, to use these mutators to take advantage of each corner of them.
I have found two problems, obviously using Zandronum, version 3.0

In both cases, when our character is killed and reappears, the double jump stops working and the jump through the wall also ceases to take effect.
In addition, the big drawback of Dashwall Jump is that it modifies the weight of the character and the Jumpads stop working properly.

The bad thing is that I myself do not have the knowledge to be able to solve this problem. I need a little help to be able to present all the maps correctly, not only those of the version for D4T. :oops:

Thanks for everything.
A greeting.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”