GZDOOM 64

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Night Side

GZDOOM 64

Post by Night Side »

Hello everyone, I'm releasing this version of Doom 64, the idea was to bring together the enemies that are missing in the version of 64 and finally is there, is a continuation of Zdoom64 project. I hope you like, excuse my limitations on ACS.

http://nightsidemail.wix.com/gzdoom64

This is continuation of WAD ZDoom 64 project is not the rom N64, Doom World's people are committing an injustice to me and not analyzed my file. Images and information are on the website above, I need people to continue this project because there are still many things to stay the same as the N64, but am limited and do not understand much of ACS.

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?t=13210

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=28589

Above is the link that same forum where to get the Zdoom64 and edited because unfortunately nothing worked in this WAD. It would be unfair if I put together the Wad doom2.wad, but on my site put the link to buy the Doom 2.

Sorry my englhish, Google Tradutor...
Last edited by Night Side on Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:48 pm, edited 7 times in total.
YukesVonFaust

Re: GZDOOM 64

Post by YukesVonFaust »

Screenies? Videos? anything?
DangerousDan

Post by DangerousDan »

I've downloaded it but the archive seems to be corrupted :(
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

DangerousDan wrote:I've downloaded it but the archive seems to be corrupted :(
I encountered this too; for some reason 7-Zip doesn't like this file, but it opened just fine with Free Commander. Probably uses some unusual RAR compression.
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

It's been reported at Doomworld that the download file contains a Doom64 ROM.
Night Side

Post by Night Side »

Rom does not have the N64, this is an injustice to myself, there can be post Doom 64 Absolution Doom and PSX and do nothing ...
Night Side

Post by Night Side »

Someone please give me a rational explanation why Kaiser can launch Doom 64 Absolution and others can post Doom PSX Total Conversion and I can not throw a converted version of the Kaiser Wad to Gzdoom, this is like me it's bias because I am Brazilian
zZaRDoZz

Post by zZaRDoZz »

This is just a guess on my part so don't hold it up as official. If zdoom64 wad has any material from doom64, even just one sprite, then the administration has to treat your work as distributing retail doom64. Kaiser does not supply any wad to the end user. Instead, he provides an app that can dig the wad out of the doom64 rom. Doing so means the user owns the Rom in the first place, hence, no copyright violations.
Night Side

Post by Night Side »

From what I realized when I worked on the Zdoom64 Wad, I could see that it is just a converted Wad of Doom 64 Absolution for ZDoom because the extra stages of Doom 64 Absolution were included. But the extra stages of Doom 64 Absolution were removed because the idea was to have enemies lacking the PC version in version 64.
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Blue Shadow wrote:It's been reported at Doomworld that the download file contains a Doom64 ROM.
It does not; I searched every file in the archive and every link on the website.

Personally, I consider this project as falling in to a grey area; it can't be considered legal, because it's a conversion of one commercial game to work in another one without verifying that the player owns BOTH games, but it's also not fully accurate and doesn't replace playing the actual Doom64 (or Doom64EX, for that matter), in addition to the fact that it's not currently possible to buy Doom 64 outside of used games marketplaces.

So, I wouldn't necessarily consider this completely against forum rules, but I will say it's kind of a faux pas.

[edit] Also:
Night Side wrote:Someone please give me a rational explanation why Kaiser can launch Doom 64 Absolution and others can post Doom PSX Total Conversion and I can not throw a converted version of the Kaiser Wad to Gzdoom, this is like me it's bias because I am Brazilian
None of this is true whatsoever.
Night Side

Post by Night Side »

All claims are on my website everything that I used on this project and its links :)
Mayhem666

Post by Mayhem666 »

You're not the only one that is working on a d64 related project, since i saw some others here and there.

I'm also working on a d64 project wich include a bunch of new stuff that isnt on the original game. and as far as i know, all the source (sprites etc..) as been circulating here on pk3 files. lots of people has used it since.
VGA

Post by VGA »

YukesVonFaust wrote:Screenies? Videos? anything?
There are some images in his website, link is in his post.
Night Side

Post by Night Side »

Mayhem666 wrote:You're not the only one that is working on a d64 related project, since i saw some others here and there.

I'm also working on a d64 project wich include a bunch of new stuff that isnt on the original game. and as far as i know, all the source (sprites etc..) as been circulating here on pk3 files. lots of people has used it since.
Well I put everything you used in your links on my website if this is the case and I wish luck with your project woe Doom64 ^^
http://nightsidemail.wix.com/gzdoom64#!blank/l3kzh
armymen12002003
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by armymen12002003 »

Good set of maps which i have a nit pick wouldn't it be possible to just convert the music file to .ogg to lower the file size cause 311mb is a bit much don't ya think?

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”