[Textures] Transparent cable textures (found!)

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
User avatar
Ozymandias81
Posts: 2052
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:01 am
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: Mount Olympus, Mars

Re: [Textures] Transparent cable textures

Post by Ozymandias81 »

@Torm
Ok Torm, would you mind to take in consideration following cable textures? Hope this will fix issues forever, you really don't deserve to be treated like this way IMHO.
cablesAVP2.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Ozymandias81 on Wed May 06, 2015 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
jmickle
Posts: 92
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:43 am

Re: [Textures] Transparent cable textures

Post by jmickle »

Ozymandias81 wrote: you really don't deserve to be treated like this way IMHO.
Yeah I can't believe everyone's jumping on him for only stealing and lying for three years about stealing assets! I feel so bad for him
User avatar
Tormentor667
Posts: 13462
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2003 3:52 am

Re: [Textures] Transparent cable textures

Post by Tormentor667 »

jmickle wrote:Yeah I can't believe everyone's jumping on him for only stealing and lying for three years about stealing assets! I feel so bad for him
What's that to you? It's none of your business.
User avatar
Caligari87
User Accounts Assistant
Posts: 5997
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2004 3:02 pm
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: [Textures] Transparent cable textures

Post by Caligari87 »

Especially considering you weren't even a part of this forum at the time.

8-)
User avatar
raymoohawk
Posts: 1153
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:16 pm

Re: [Textures] Transparent cable textures

Post by raymoohawk »

so what? can he not evaluate the situation just because he wasnt here back then? when i joined this forums the whole brutal doom incident had already hapenned but doesnt stop from realizing what an ass sgtmark1v was being, this is no different from that. torm used resources against the author's wishes (you know like mark) and even in this tread he initially lied about the origin of the textures he posted before replacing them with his own.
User avatar
Caligari87
User Accounts Assistant
Posts: 5997
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2004 3:02 pm
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: [Textures] Transparent cable textures

Post by Caligari87 »

Since it's only one person's word (text) against another, I would prefer if people don't dogpile onto something they know little-to-nothing about. I refrain on commenting regarding BD/SgtMk drama because I really don't know. I wasn't there. I assume the moderators had a good reason and I don't question it, but I don't go sticking my nose in it when I really have no business doing so.

Now in this case, I've "known" Torm for a long time, and essel as well. I've seen them around, and they're well-known, contributing Doomers with a lot under their belts. If they have a disagreement, that's between them, and again, I don't know what happened so I'm gonna decline to comment on it. I think it behooves other members of the community, especially the newer ones like yourself and jmickle, to not make asses of yourself assuming guilt one way or the other and heaping on the punishment for these long-respected pillars of the community.

8-)
User avatar
ClonedPickle
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 4:56 pm

Re: [Textures] Transparent cable textures

Post by ClonedPickle »

Caligari_87 wrote:Since it's only one person's word (text) against another, I would prefer if people don't dogpile onto something they know little-to-nothing about. I refrain on commenting regarding BD/SgtMk drama because I really don't know. I wasn't there. I assume the moderators had a good reason and I don't question it, but I don't go sticking my nose in it when I really have no business doing so.

Now in this case, I've "known" Torm for a long time, and essel as well. I've seen them around, and they're well-known, contributing Doomers with a lot under their belts. If they have a disagreement, that's between them, and again, I don't know what happened so I'm gonna decline to comment on it. I think it behooves other members of the community, especially the newer ones like yourself and jmickle, to not make asses of yourself assuming guilt one way or the other and heaping on the punishment for these long-respected pillars of the community.

8-)
I'm really glad you still sign every single one of your posts with that dumb smiley to let everyone know you're a gigantic idiot.

I think it behooves other members of the community, especially ones that have been around as long as you have, to realize what a thief Tormentor is and to maybe respect him a bit less. Considerably less. Maybe just get a different pillar entirely.
User avatar
raymoohawk
Posts: 1153
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:16 pm

Re: [Textures] Transparent cable textures

Post by raymoohawk »

point taken caligari, i guess i got to caught up on the momment
User avatar
wildweasel
Moderator Team Lead
Posts: 21447
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2003 7:33 pm
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10, 21H1
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [Textures] Transparent cable textures

Post by wildweasel »

ClonedPickle wrote:I'm really glad you still sign every single one of your posts with that dumb smiley to let everyone know you're a gigantic idiot.
User was warned for this post.
User avatar
Leonard2
Posts: 313
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:10 pm

Re: [Textures] Transparent cable textures

Post by Leonard2 »

ClonedPickle wrote:I'm really glad you still sign every single one of your posts with that dumb smiley to let everyone know you're a gigantic idiot.
Your point being?
User avatar
Tormentor667
Posts: 13462
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2003 3:52 am

Re: [Textures] Transparent cable textures

Post by Tormentor667 »

raymoohawk wrote:torm used resources against the author's wishes (you know like mark) and even in this tread he initially lied about the origin of the textures he posted before replacing them with his own.
This is NOT true, how many times do I have to repeat?

The texture is based on essel' work, and no matter if it has been retraced or redrawn, essel was okay back then using it in The Refinery three years ago and only essel and I know what has been said (or not) in this agreement. Everyone who says I am a liar or thief simply talks bullshit and has absolutely no idea, especially jmickle.

I came up with so many original things in my Doom career that got used in other mods without even being credited (I mean the green and red forcefields from KDiZD are used in countless mods, remember them?) and I have never cared, instead I was glad that people found my contributions useful. And now people are pissing me off for these cable textures?! :|

@Caligari - Thanks for your thoughts
User avatar
esselfortium
Posts: 3851
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:43 pm

Re: [Textures] Transparent cable textures

Post by esselfortium »

Tormentor667 wrote:I came up with so many original things in my Doom career that got used in other mods without even being credited (I mean the green and red forcefields from KDiZD are used in countless mods, remember them?) and I have never cared, instead I was glad that people found my contributions useful. And now people are pissing me off for these cable textures?! :|
FWIW, KDiZD's text file states that reuse and modification are allowed. They should definitely be credited properly, though!
jmickle
Posts: 92
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:43 am

Re: [Textures] Transparent cable textures

Post by jmickle »

Caligari_87 wrote:I would prefer if people don't dogpile onto something they know little-to-nothing about.
I would prefer you not to assume that I'm making comments without knowing and learning about the situation at hand. My registration date on this forum is no indicator of how long I've been following the doom community, or more importantly anything to do with my knowledge of the situation. To most this would be obvious, but...

8-)
User avatar
Tormentor667
Posts: 13462
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2003 3:52 am

Re: [Textures] Transparent cable textures

Post by Tormentor667 »

jmickle wrote:I would prefer you not to assume that I'm making comments without knowing and learning about the situation at hand.
As long as you don't have access to essel's or my personal message or the development forum for TSoZD, you actually know nothing John Snow. So, your whole statement is build on what facts?
User avatar
wildweasel
Moderator Team Lead
Posts: 21447
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2003 7:33 pm
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10, 21H1
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [Textures] Transparent cable textures (found!)

Post by wildweasel »

I think a number of people in this topic could stand to be a little more polite and respectful. Even if you don't particularly like a person, you should still try to come off as the "better man." That means no acts of superiority, no sarcasm, no petty insults. Alright?

Return to “Resources”