[Project] "Knee-Deep in ZDoom"

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Bio Hazard

Post by Bio Hazard »

heres a concept map for an idea i had last night, maybe it could be put to use?
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Haha, that's cool! I'm gonna do something of that style for HELLDOOM. :P
Kate
... in rememberance ...

Post by Kate »

Bio: Nice, you should make the blood splats and you are here graphics into sprites and spawn them on the buildings. Maybe even give them slight scaling or blinking effects to top it off. I thought about doing something like that, but I never got around to finishing the project, the effects were similar though, you finished a building, it sunk into the water around it, and you moved on to the next level, too bad I lost the wad in an HD reformat, I also had another one that made good use of scaling to make it look like you were flying miles above a floating island in the center of Hell for the intro, again, I lost it in the HD reformat, but could try and duplicate the wad if you want me to...
saxxonpike

Post by saxxonpike »

So umm... where are the files that are in the official final pack then? I want to know which ones were selected..
saxxonpike

Post by saxxonpike »

ellmo wrote:Meanwhile... ZE1M3, the Supercharge window...
Quite nitpicky I am, especially when I say that the textures in between the wall thingys is either too light, or the green frame is too dark :P
Nmn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Nmn »

Bio-I think it's very nice.
Give me an hour to enhance it to be more similair to WIMAP0 pic :)
This is a small task, I've got time, and the idea is pretty good.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@NMN & BioHazard - Well, the "buildingsectors" could need some better textures to make them look like real buildings :(

@Saxxonpike - What do you mean?
ellmo

Post by ellmo »

Bio Hazard wrote:heres a concept map for an idea i had last night, maybe it could be put to use?
Hey! Looks superb. Though I was a bit addicted to the old intermission maps, we could use that what you've shown. Looks pretty promising. Who's going to make these buildings serious, Bio?
Nmn

Post by Nmn »

Are You guys ignoring me or what? :(
Give me... half of an hour and I'll show You how they really look! And I keep my words.
Nmn

The Art of Doom Mini-Mapping

Post by Nmn »

Double Post to bump thread.
Here it is. I've altered the scripts a bit tough to have You walk around and look closer. Someone has to improve the script to make it usable for endings after every level. :) Enjoy

Apetizer:

http://www.nos-sr50.com/wads/inter_2.zip

(props to Noss50 for da mirror)
Csonicgo

Post by Csonicgo »

YES! I love that! keep it up, guys!
Bio Hazard

Post by Bio Hazard »

heh, i guess it was a good idea after all :)

LOL NMN... great job!

i was going to voulnteer for the scriping part, i just didnt want to do the map part
cccp_leha

Post by cccp_leha »

:cry:

I may need to be taken off the roster... Between a group presentation and a paper in school, band practice on the weekends, and the difficulty of editing v e r y s l o w l y, all I could accomplish this whole week was to add some functionality to E1M1. On the other hand, the school shit is over with next Friday (11/5) so I would have been more than happy to add some stuff then... I dunno.
Risen

Post by Risen »

No problem. Switch with me for E1M1, and I'll look at E1M8 on Week 2 instead. I had a busy week and got nothing done as well, but the first week of this part hasn't started yet.
Kirby

Re: The Art of Doom Mini-Mapping

Post by Kirby »

Nmn wrote:Double Post to bump thread.
Here it is. I've altered the scripts a bit tough to have You walk around and look closer. Someone has to improve the script to make it usable for endings after every level. :) Enjoy

Apetizer:

http://www.nos-sr50.com/wads/inter_2.zip

(props to Noss50 for da mirror)
HOLY SHIT!!!

Keep up the good work! :D :) :D 8-) :shock: :P

Return to “Levels”