Aliens Doom TC: Special Edition

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Jake Crusher

Re: Aliens Doom TC: Special Edition

Post by Jake Crusher »

Excuse me please, for this sudden intrusion of mine, but can I ask a few things?

1) How did you manage to extract AT's sprites? I tried myself, but failed :(
And if you were able to do that, maybe it is possible to extract some more sprites from AT (like eggs, facehuggers...), textures, and put them in TC, at least as a separate wad - file?
2) Is it possible to make a...ummm..."facehugger death" state? Just like it was in "Alien Quake", "AvP" & "AvP 2"?
Virtue

Post by Virtue »

1) I didnt, I found the resources here :P and there should be a topic about AT sprites in the resources section

2) I'm working on it, but at the moment I can't, ive got all the graphics and part of the code ready, I'm waiting on whether A_jumpiftargethealth will be accepted because i need it for it to work!
Jake Crusher

Post by Jake Crusher »

Oh, thank you very much for your quick reply. Found that topic already :)
Yeah, that will be great if you could add it ("facehugger death") as well.

Played this TC. Really scaaary, if you ask me. You never know where to expect THEM. Lights in and out, and the Hive...
Still, gotta say that levels need to be polished a bit. And I don't mean texture aligning - sometimes I bump into something, that is blocking my way (those "columns" in the Hive). Also, not enough ammo, but more of it will probably ruin the atmosphere of TC.
Music give additional suspense as well, but maybe some tracks from Alien Trilogy might help?
Virtue

Post by Virtue »

there is a music wad in this thread :) and the columns are destroyable! its a carr over from the original...
DrDoctor

Post by DrDoctor »

As promised, here's my rendition of e3m1.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/k788hi -accidentally uploaded only the resource pk3 :? , here's both the map wad and resource pk3.

Features
-converted to take advantage of UDMF features
-complete retexturing using modified AVP2 textures
-new inventory items -flashlight and flares
(you start with the flashlight. default key "F")
-rearranged enemy and item placement (you don't get all weapons at the start and ammo is more of a precious commodity)[/color]
PROTIP: Save your grenade and flame rounds for the end
-some minor cosmetic changes to weapons (gunflashes and grenade smoke)
-music from Alien Trilogy (if you don't like it there's always "stopmus" in console)

Some things you should be aware of
-This map has a VERY big surprise at the end. (which can be completely spoiled if you view the PK3 contents, so please finish the map before you go snooping around in the data)
-This map is meant to be played with either DOOM or DARK sector light modes. Any other mode robs it of its atmosphere.
-Because of the heavy reliance on dynamic lights, this wad is meant to be used in GZdoom.
-the playerclass had to be changed to accommodate the weapon changes and inclusion of the flashlight.
-the map has 4 secret areas, but for some reason the UDMF format does not make this apparent.
-the next major update will follow Ben2k9's update to the main wad, but if any problems show up beforehand, I'll release a quickfix ASAP.
Last edited by DrDoctor on Mon May 16, 2011 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
timmyr0x0r

Post by timmyr0x0r »

You posted only the resources. You forgot the map.
Virtue

Post by Virtue »

UPDATE: REV 03 of the mod is up, new stuff includes: New warrior and drone sprites, chestbursters!, aliens now spurt acid when they die and other additions!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/czpxjp

Level changes will come along gradually, as for speech, I've made the exectutive decision to leave it as a seperate pack, which will be done in due time

EDIT: small glitch noticed so reuploaded with a different link
ShadesMaster

Post by ShadesMaster »

MUCH better Alien sprites!
TheDoomGuy

Post by TheDoomGuy »

Gah. Use Mediafire. That way, downloading won't take ten years.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

TheDoomGuy wrote:Gah. Use Mediafire. That way, downloading won't take ten years.
Incidentally, the problem has always been the exact opposite for me.
EksFaktr

Post by EksFaktr »

Er... I'm confused. Which link is the right one? I now have 2 different files in my !incoming folder. =/
Virtue

Post by Virtue »

the one on this page, sorry, i forgot to update the main page :S
timmyr0x0r

Post by timmyr0x0r »

DrDoctor wrote:As promised, here's my rendition of e3m1.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/k788hi -accidentally uploaded only the resource pk3 :? , here's both the map wad and resource pk3.

Features
-converted to take advantage of UDMF features
-complete retexturing using modified AVP2 textures
-new inventory items -flashlight and flares
(you start with the flashlight. default key "F")
-rearranged enemy and item placement (you don't get all weapons at the start and ammo is more of a precious commodity)[/color]
PROTIP: Save your grenade and flame rounds for the end
-some minor cosmetic changes to weapons (gunflashes and grenade smoke)
-music from Alien Trilogy (if you don't like it there's always "stopmus" in console)

Some things you should be aware of
-This map has a VERY big surprise at the end. (which can be completely spoiled if you view the PK3 contents, so please finish the map before you go snooping around in the data)
-This map is meant to be played with either DOOM or DARK sector light modes. Any other mode robs it of its atmosphere.
-Because of the heavy reliance on dynamic lights, this wad is meant to be used in GZdoom.
-the playerclass had to be changed to accommodate the weapon changes and inclusion of the flashlight.
-the map has 4 secret areas, but for some reason the UDMF format does not make this apparent.
-the next major update will follow Ben2k9's update to the main wad, but if any problems show up beforehand, I'll release a quickfix ASAP.
The link is dead. Can someone reupload the file please?
Naitguolf

Post by Naitguolf »

I finished again Aliens TC (long time since last time) Good improvement into a classic tc. But i think the aliens attack should be lowered. An ambush when you dont expect, is a reload. And that is not good (also because the map is too cramped) and that will make the game more fun.

One thing to improve, in order to give an amazing effect is the light. A pity that some places could be amazing is better light was used (more light details, and maybe better user of Gzdoom features like earthquakes)

The improved aliens are much better now, and cleaner. I hope new levels are made.

BTW some time ago i found some new levels to Aliens TC. Are those levels compatible with the mod?

EDIT: Yes, Orin's AL|ENS T.C. it works :)
Last edited by Naitguolf on Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wolfman

Post by wolfman »

timmyr0x0r wrote:The link is dead. Can someone reupload the file please?
<Link removed>

There's a new version on page 8.
Last edited by wolfman on Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”