ZDooM 64

Archive of the old editing forum
Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. This forum is archived - please use this set of forums to ask new questions.
Roack16

ZDooM 64

Post by Roack16 »

Hello I am new this way and I mean to them on a project that eh taken during a small ZDooM time 64 This TC I am doing it so that Doom 64 was my first game FPS, and my N64 no longer worked and the Absolution does not work to me in the PC, I was decided to create this TC that does not occupy many requirements, until now has like 22 finished maps and all the arms, so you see some with a small error, the maps them volume with the Absolution and also sprites and sounds. It is the game with installer and a configuration for Doombuilder that will be in the folder of

The game version proves of the game

http://www.badongo.net/file/2522948

note: not to be spoken the English very well
Espero sus comentarios
ZDUser

Post by ZDUser »

Link doesn't seem to work for me. Anyone get a chance to see what this is?
dljosef

Post by dljosef »

The link works fine for me.

I'll be sure to leave feedback after I try it.
hnsolo77

Post by hnsolo77 »

Ive always hated playing absolution due to the poor joystick compatibility, i will be checking it out later, so ill have an opinion on it for you later
Unknown_Assassin

Post by Unknown_Assassin »

I like it, but the monsters still need some fixing.

Problems/Opinions:
-No nightmare imps present in maps. They seem to be labeled as <!>.
-The Hellknight, the Baronofhell, the Cacodemon, and the NightmareCacodemon movements are a llittle 'wiggly'. They move more than they need to move.
-The Mancubus fires a bit fast (unless you did it on purpose, then I'm fine with that). The alignment when he's firing is a little off. The fireballs/comets/meteors comes from his belly and starts spreading rather the fireballs coming from his arm-like cannons.
-The Arachnotron looks kind of wierd when firing two bolts at a time, then stopping, then firing. I prefer it to fire 8 bolts. 2 bolts comes out 4 times consecutively without stopping. Note: This is not much a problem, more like an opinion.
-The Motherdemon seems gigantic unless you intend it to be. A problem occurs, when the motherdemon fights with other monsters. Once she kills them, she keeps firing at the monster's dead corpse repeatedly as in nonstop.
Roack16

Post by Roack16 »

Ok… I am seeing the errors that you say, thanks to warn to me

It will take into account the opinions
PhAyzoN

Post by PhAyzoN »

In addition to Assassin's points, the Plasma Rifle needs its idle animation and sound effect, and it also fires way to fast and (I belive) the time from when you stop firing and are able to fire again is a bit off. The Super Shotgun still has Doom2's reloading sounds, the Laser/Unmaker/New weapon fires too fast before having the 3 powerups to it (It fires at full power speed with no powerups). Also the BFG seems a bit too fast too.
hnsolo77

Post by hnsolo77 »

aside from the above comments i noticed the sprites are scaled down and the colors seem to be off, my suggestion is to not use a Wad file like that and make a PK3 or 4 file with the resources, just rip them straight from the current Doom 64 TC, and for something like this i suggest just using GZDoom so you dont have to mess with mis-colored sprites

also you should make it required to use a regular Doom 2 IWAD to play this instead of it being standalone, that would probably cause ID to be a little pissed off if you don't

that and the Cyberdemon should shoot the rocket from his launcher not from in between his feet, and the aracnatron is too tiny, his firing is too low so its easy to dodge

also all the weapons except for the BFG seem to fire from the player's knee's, when aiming up at monsters i need to back up a bit to actually hit some of them, this is annoying as all hell to me

you do need to fix level one's floating metal thingies since there is a HOM effect there and there is repairing needs for a lot of the other maps as well but mostly minor

other than that its pretty cool, i hope to see this finished eventually
Doomguy0505

Post by Doomguy0505 »

It would be more convenient if there was no installer and just the wad. And some of the sprites have black spots.
The NUtcracker

Post by The NUtcracker »

Doomguy0505 wrote:It would be more convenient if there was no installer and just the wad.
100% seconded
hnsolo77

Post by hnsolo77 »

The NUtcracker wrote:
Doomguy0505 wrote:It would be more convenient if there was no installer and just the wad.
100% seconded
thirded, and also use RAR format to store it
Doomguy0505

Post by Doomguy0505 »

Actually 7-zip would be even better. He's already using rar.
Roack16

Post by Roack16 »

I am thought to change of ZDoom skull tag (nothing else so that bots is but intelligent), if somebody knows of bots that they kick the ass to you for ZDoom that says please to me.

but since I made it with the ZDoom say it here and in some other place.

Note: all the errors mentioned here I am keeping them in notes
hnsolo77

Post by hnsolo77 »

Roack16 wrote:I am thought to change of ZDoom skull tag (nothing else so that bots is but intelligent), if somebody knows of bots that they kick the ass to you for ZDoom that says please to me.

but since I made it with the ZDoom say it here and in some other place.

Note: all the errors mentioned here I am keeping them in notes
trust me, bots are not worth it at all
Roack16

Post by Roack16 »

The bad thing of skulltag is that it gives to much lag and then could throw it to lose if it change.

Return to “Editing (Archive)”