[WIP][Horror] Divine Frequency (Demo Updated)

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
m1lk
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Re: [WIP][Horror] Divine Frequency (Demo Updated)

Post by m1lk »

awesome, thanks for the update. ill play through this again on my free time. and honestly, i think you should just go ahead and incorporate that immersive camera mod into this.
AschTheConjurer
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by AschTheConjurer »

I've just come back to this mod after having played the original Demo, where I defeated War's Anatomy before probably getting distracted by something else. The changes I'm seeing from last time are all pretty good, and I dig the aesthetic and atmosphere in general. The only game that's ever freaked me out is Darkwood, to the point of making me anxious of continuing to play when I first went through the game after full release, but Divine Frequency's getting to about that same tier.

Now a criticism, spoilered for the sake of any casual observers reading this thread:
Spoiler:
Altogether I think Divine Frequency is pretty fantastic and I'll be very keen to see what comes beyond The Crossroads level once I finally find time to complete it in a way I find satisfactory (and once more maps come out, if that's where the Demo ends). It's very satisfying to play a game that has a good feeling of pacing, where lots of quiet dread moments and small encounters culminate in big bombastic high-tension fights. The visuals and sound and mechanics are almost all great, I think it really just needs the getting-locked-out-of-areas problem to be handled differently.

EDIT: Turns out one of the areas I was talking about in the spoiler does in fact allow you to return after being locked out, thanks to dream-logic not-physically-connected doorways.
Ghost Prototype

Post by Ghost Prototype »

I have updated the demo once again. This time featuring only The Crossroads. Seems rather appropriate considering it's a really long map that fully embodies the weirdness of DF. There are now also new enemies, items, and minor map edits. Many things have been cleaned up interanlly, such as redundant codes and GUI stuff. Here's a clip showcasing one of the new dudes added to the roster.

Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Excellent to see the next update happening and the progress is still going. Shame about 50% chuck of the TC has been removed since i enjoyed every part of it. But i do think it's certainly for the best because it enhances the worth of participating of complete release.
Spoiler: So i completed the current demo and here are the feedback. IDMYPOS is on
That's about it. I would like to hear more news from this TC because i'm definitely hooked up to it. And if there's one more thing i honestly love in this TC, that'd be:

A Premium Chicken. It tastes so good even ghost wants a piece of it.
Ghost Prototype

Post by Ghost Prototype »

Fixed all of the bugs in the screenshot. But I cannot seem to figure out what's with the noise from the structures rising. I THINK I may have figured it out, but no clue yet, we'll have to see in the future. It's not one I can replicate, unfortunately.

Also, the revelation ring is the one that helps you resist reflected damage to an extent. You will still take some damage, but not full damage. The strange ring iirc resist heat damage.

The sniper rifle is given as a reward for bringing the shadow some chicken lol. The birds aren't supposed to spawn if you don't have the rifle, but rather small floating enemies. I will have to take a look at the code, since I cannot replicate this either.

But I hope you had a good time!! I usually post in Hellforge Studio's discord server, if you're interested in catching up with news.
m1lk

Post by m1lk »

yess!!!!
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Ghost Prototype wrote:The sniper rifle is given as a reward for bringing the shadow some chicken lol. The birds aren't supposed to spawn if you don't have the rifle, but rather small floating enemies. I will have to take a look at the code, since I cannot replicate this either.
Huh... Well that's weird. After i gave the chicken to ghost, it only rewarded me one shock charge that applies on my Shotgun. Couldn't find the rifle around the room.
Spoiler: A Spoiler about how to solve that rusted gate puzzle
But I hope you had a good time!! I usually post in Hellforge Studio's discord server, if you're interested in catching up with news.
Eyup i certainly had a fun time with this TC, alright! Always an excitement to play through this game.
celulamp

Post by celulamp »

I hope to see a video about the evolution of this tc because it's so awesome how it's changed

im curious about all the different visual changes gameplay changes that have happened

esp when the different demos and updates have completely different starts/intros and areas!

again love it..
m1lk

Post by m1lk »

hello. im trying to run this new demo. but i get this error. im running it through the newest GZDoom version. i am on mac, so i am loading each pk3 file seperately, in this order:

1: Data
2: Misc
3: Sounds
4: Maps
5: Textures

here is a screenshot of the error

https://ibb.co/kHvXCP8
Deon

Post by Deon »

This game has extremely cool artistic choices, and I also really appreciate what you've done from the point of engine/coding since I am dabbling in Zscript too. Amazing work!

Inventory alone is much better than anything I could achieve with ZForms.
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Caligari87 »

Thread closed at author's request; Divine Frequency is a standalone game now.

8-)

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”