Couple questions about creating a comprehensive autoexec file

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Opus132
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Couple questions about creating a comprehensive autoexec file

Post by Opus132 »

I'm trying to create an autoexec file that contains as many settings as i can think of so that i don't have to manually change them any time i happen to install GZDoom from scratch. I have garbage long term memory and i often tend to forget what a lot of those variables do over time which is annoying, so i'd like to get it done once and not have to worry about it anymore.

This is what i came up with so far (the dmflags are for Strife here but i use different ones to disable or enable jumping, crouching or change fall damage depending on the game):
Spoiler:
What i'm trying to do now is set nostartup straight from the autoexec so i don't have to have to use the -nostartup command every time i load a wad and i also need to set a custom folder i made for wads as well as some autoload wads i have. For instance, how do i tell the autoexec to add the following in the ini:

[IWADSearch.Directories]
Path=_WADs

Or this:

[hexen.Autoload]
Path=_WADs\WideId.wad

Lastly, i tried to add the following but nothing happened:

autoloadbrightmaps true
autoloadlights true

I can only turn on those options by manually altering the ini. I mean i'm pretty sure the value is boolean here, right?
Opus132
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: Couple questions about creating a comprehensive autoexec file

Post by Opus132 »

Alright, i figure out that the reason autoloadlights setting would not apply is that i had to load the game at least once after the ini has been already created. I also had to add set to the command.

I also figured out i can manually autoload any wad i want with the command pullin.

Still can't figure out how to add a folder path to the ini from the autoexec, but i think i can rember how to do THAT at least, hahaha.

Return to “General”