Vinyl Goddess From Mars enemy sprites

Requests go in THIS forum!
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Snowy44

Vinyl Goddess From Mars enemy sprites

Post by Snowy44 »

I apologize if it's not the right place to ask for this since it's not entirely doom-realted, but I'm looking for those sprites to use in a doom mod and figured I might as well give it a try.
I also know it's a long shot - I had no luck extracting the resources myself and was unable to find even a remote trace of them anywhere else online and while I know it's because the game isn't very popular, I still have some hope since I managed to get the tilesets and I know that the game has a recent-ish level editor which makes me think extracting the resources is not impossible.
If this is not the right place for such a question, I would at least ask you to point me to where I might have more luck with this.
Thank you.
RKD

Re: Vinyl Goddess From Mars enemy sprites

Post by RKD »

Hey, I love that game and have a copy myself. I'm aware of that level editor you mention and I remember checking the comments of the guy who made it. He pointed to this wiki and it says there that sprites haven't been ripped. I'm not familiar with that kind of pages, so I'm not sure if it means it hasn't been attempted or if it has and it wasn't successful :?
Snowy44

Post by Snowy44 »

Yeah, my search also led me to that wiki page. There aren't a lot of discussions refarding this game's resources outside of that, so I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask around.
RKD

Post by RKD »

The info in that wiki may as well be incomplete or out-dated, though. In the spriters resource there are only items sprites and backgrounds for the menus, for example.

I've tried to look into it but the sprites seem to be in a really obscure bitmap format (.cmp) and I haven't found any software able to decode it. The guy in the wiki recommends this forum, where he and others hang around. You may have a little more luck if no one here can help you getting those sprites ripped. Sorry I can't be of any more help. :oops:
Snowy44

Post by Snowy44 »

RKD wrote:The info in that wiki may as well be incomplete or out-dated, though. In the spriters resource there are only items sprites and backgrounds for the menus, for example.

I've tried to look into it but the sprites seem to be in a really obscure bitmap format (.cmp) and I haven't found any software able to decode it. The guy in the wiki recommends this forum, where he and others hang around. You may have a little more luck if no one here can help you getting those sprites ripped. Sorry I can't be of any more help. :oops:
Thanks anyway! :D

Return to “Requests”