RELEASE: Wolfenstein 3D TC Version 3.1

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
D2 Mod Player

Re: Wolfenstein 3D TC (Version 3.0)

Post by D2 Mod Player »

Yes, the clip sprite not prioritizing on the guards is interesting. I consider the guards blocking the door a new aspect of gameplay from Doom. I never noticed any issues with sound.

Also keep in mind the graphics I'm running is in the 2016 consolidated TC, not some new version he's creating that I've never even seen a download for.

Except a few places I consider the TC a great duplication of the original as far as guard response, an episode 6 level is the worst offender.

EDIT: Now I see the download link is on page one of this thread, confusing as it was not on the website. I'd need confirmation this project is completed and the bugs worked out to use it. And does it have lost levels too?
Gamerwarrior117

Post by Gamerwarrior117 »

D2 Mod Player wrote:Yes, the clip sprite not prioritizing on the guards is interesting. I consider the guards blocking the door a new aspect of gameplay from Doom. I never noticed any issues with sound.

Also keep in mind the graphics I'm running is in the 2016 consolidated TC, not some new version he's creating that I've never even seen a download for.

Except a few places I consider the TC a great duplication of the original as far as guard response, an episode 6 level is the worst offender.

EDIT: Now I see the download link is on page one of this thread, confusing as it was not on the website. I'd need confirmation this project is completed and the bugs worked out to use it. And does it have lost levels too?
really? cause the dead guards blocking the doors been a feature since the original wolf 3d. unless that was added in later after realease?

sounds like it could be my end. they did released a new gzdoom version. 4.6.1.

sounds like it still needs some work on the responses.

no sadly, at least far as i know. it does not include the lost levels. didn't know lost levels was part of wolf 3d cannon.
D2 Mod Player

Post by D2 Mod Player »

I may have misunderstood about guards blocking the door. They do, with a partly closed door that can still be entered. It was hard to remember the original game, it's been awhile. :D

My version of GzDoom is almost 2 years old, I was merely concentrating on the graphical aspect. I'll update it when I'm finished with the project. I will probably finish it today or tomorrow. :)

Thanks for the update on the new version, as I'd never loaded it up. I am confident with the older version that had been updated through the years, remembering I first started working on this concept over 10 years ago when I found this TC.

My original concept was to do Lost Levels, which no, is not part of the canon. You could say it's kind of like an official unoffical expansion with alternate graphics. It's happened with Doom and other games. It actually has similarities in the graphics to console versions with things like mice and such. :D
Gamerwarrior117

D2 Mod Player wrote:I may have misunderstood about guards blocking the door. They do, with a partly closed door that can still be entered. It was hard to remember the original game, it's been awhile. :D

My version of GzDoom is almost 2 years old, I was merely concentrating on the graphical aspect. I'll update it when I'm finished with the project. I will probably finish it today or tomorrow. :)

Thanks for the update on the new version, as I'd never loaded it up. I am confident with the older version that had been updated through the years, remembering I first started working on this concept over 10 years ago when I found this TC.

My original concept was to do Lost Levels, which no, is not part of the canon. You could say it's kind of like an official unoffical expansion with alternate graphics. It's happened with Doom and other games. It actually has similarities in the graphics to console versions with things like mice and such. :D
yeah the original game is very difficult to remember. its old after all.

i look forward to see it finish.

looks good so far. minus a few issues. other than that keep up the great work.

no worries. i keep myself busy playing old games and skyrim, lol.

makes sense. sigil is one. sigil 2 is coming for doom 2.
D2 Mod Player

Post by D2 Mod Player »

Just to make you aware I released a 2.0 version. After updating GzDoom it failed to work as most enemies no longer precached. So I made a light version that MOSTLY works if you have a SATA SSD. It's not perfect but is a BIG improvement! Some visual fidelity is lost. It affects the guard, the blue guy, the dog, and the officer only. I haven't yet decided if I'll do a 2.1 version as the new version of GzDoom may have resolved my issues with only doing 512x512 with the mutant and bosses. But overall I'm happy that it now works well.
Gamerwarrior117

D2 Mod Player wrote:Just to make you aware I released a 2.0 version. After updating GzDoom it failed to work as most enemies no longer precached. So I made a light version that MOSTLY works if you have a SATA SSD. It's not perfect but is a BIG improvement! Some visual fidelity is lost. It affects the guard, the blue guy, the dog, and the officer only. I haven't yet decided if I'll do a 2.1 version as the new version of GzDoom may have resolved my issues with only doing 512x512 with the mutant and bosses. But overall I'm happy that it now works well.

i saw that.

sorry for the late reply.

got my computers finally repaired and fixed.

its the same way i installed it before right? the same pattern?
D2 Mod Player

Post by D2 Mod Player »

Yes.

Currently burned out on Wolf 3D so not actively working on it. I can check it out again at a later date to see if it needs improvements, chiefly with enemy graphics.

Right now remastering Doom/Doom2/Final Doom slowly. I largely have enemies/weapons complete. Once those are done and I do the objects and HUD/menu as well, there's literally 1000 different ceilings, floors, walls, and doors to remaster. :D

By the way, I have verified why the menu's don't look right. It's because the Wolf3D pk7 isn't added to the launcher. I don't think it can be, but it has the menu alignments in them. You could run the TC without a launcher, I forget how, and it may correct the menus. I can look at that later too, but it'd only be as good as TC author created if I do figure that out, as I'm not skilled at that stuff. I don't currently know how to add the HD graphics without the launcher I recommend.
Gamerwarrior117

so the game is running better now.

the guards are not going through the door after they open it. so the AI is acting funny.

the main menu music doesn't work. too slow.
Gamerwarrior117

D2 Mod Player wrote:Yes.

Currently burned out on Wolf 3D so not actively working on it. I can check it out again at a later date to see if it needs improvements, chiefly with enemy graphics.

Right now remastering Doom/Doom2/Final Doom slowly. I largely have enemies/weapons complete. Once those are done and I do the objects and HUD/menu as well, there's literally 1000 different ceilings, floors, walls, and doors to remaster. :D

By the way, I have verified why the menu's don't look right. It's because the Wolf3D pk7 isn't added to the launcher. I don't think it can be, but it has the menu alignments in them. You could run the TC without a launcher, I forget how, and it may correct the menus. I can look at that later too, but it'd only be as good as TC author created if I do figure that out, as I'm not skilled at that stuff. I don't currently know how to add the HD graphics without the launcher I recommend.
no worries. wolf 3d can do that. due to how many episodes there are. it is a bigger game than doom is.

nice. looking forward to the remasters of doom.

not a problem on the wait. i been going back and fourth between games and now quake got remastered.

plus, been playing skyrim too.

sounds like alot of is on the pk7 file.

the way i launched it is through target line like -iwad then file and etc.
D2 Mod Player

Post by D2 Mod Player »

I've worked on Quake before but only did a few models and textures. It's been remastered multiple times over 20 years or so.

My Doom monster remaster is a first attempt, at the original sprites, that I've ever seen that had ANY chance of completion. Some talented artists much better than myself were doing a self drawn full sprite animation with extra frames that wouldn't actually work well as it'd overload the game engine I think, they've spent years on it. Otherwise, mine will be unique and superior to AI attempts I've seen. Doom's been remastered but I'm sure it can be done better overall. I will allow myself to be humble and may give credit to those assets I cannot match, but the idea is to create an entirely new version! No promises right now due to the sheer amount of work. But as long as I'm doing some every week it continues. :D

I love Wolfenstein 3D more than Doom, but Doom has richer gameplay and more interesting environments by a long shot, and it's a much bigger game. Wolfenstein however has addictive and simple gameplay and the level design, while also simple, is satisfying when someone can figure out how to surprise you still despite it's simplicity. ;)

For the most part I've met my dreams on the HD remaster of this TC, always wanted it to have greater potential and playerbase! But ultimately I don't think Wolfenstein 3D is all that popular, even WolfenDoom takes the cake in hours played lately I think. Most want more sophisticated TC's of the original and few play it in vanilla format. :D
Gamerwarrior117

D2 Mod Player wrote:I've worked on Quake before but only did a few models and textures. It's been remastered multiple times over 20 years or so.

My Doom monster remaster is a first attempt, at the original sprites, that I've ever seen that had ANY chance of completion. Some talented artists much better than myself were doing a self drawn full sprite animation with extra frames that wouldn't actually work well as it'd overload the game engine I think, they've spent years on it. Otherwise, mine will be unique and superior to AI attempts I've seen. Doom's been remastered but I'm sure it can be done better overall. I will allow myself to be humble and may give credit to those assets I cannot match, but the idea is to create an entirely new version! No promises right now due to the sheer amount of work. But as long as I'm doing some every week it continues. :D

I love Wolfenstein 3D more than Doom, but Doom has richer gameplay and more interesting environments by a long shot, and it's a much bigger game. Wolfenstein however has addictive and simple gameplay and the level design, while also simple, is satisfying when someone can figure out how to surprise you still despite it's simplicity. ;)

For the most part I've met my dreams on the HD remaster of this TC, always wanted it to have greater potential and playerbase! But ultimately I don't think Wolfenstein 3D is all that popular, even WolfenDoom takes the cake in hours played lately I think. Most want more sophisticated TC's of the original and few play it in vanilla format. :D
no worries. take your time. i look forward to the release of doom remaster.

doom has more gameplay elements to enjoy than wolf 3d. wolf 3d is more classic fps game.

no wolf 3d has mods on modb. but not a whole lot of them. doom has more bigger fanbase. wolf 3d is more for classic fans of wolfenstein.
Gamerwarrior117

hey, its working now. wolf 3d hd works. i forgot to download the light version of it. its all smooth again. but the main menu is still smooshed togethor. not sure how to fix that. but otherwise gameplay works.
D2 Mod Player

Post by D2 Mod Player »

I am going to put my response on my thread instead of this one.....
aivar242

Post by aivar242 »

Is it possible to make the level map in the game look like the original?

https://i116.fastpic.org/big/2022/0122/ ... af1ed.jpeg
RubyEyeShabranigdu
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by RubyEyeShabranigdu »

Hi everyone!

Is this project dead!?
Thanks in advance for any information!

Have a good day!

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”