Doom Slayer Chronicles

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
bifurcator

Doom Slayer Chronicles

Post by bifurcator »

Doom Slayer Chronicles is the most beautiful and technologically advanced mappack for Doom2 singleplayer.
Doom Slayer Chronicles (DSC) compatible with all known gameplay mods for Doom2.
The DSC takes advantage of the newest features of gzdoom, such as hardware shaders, full-screen post-processing, PBR textures (normals and specular maps, also often called "bump mapping"), high-resolution textures, and of course dynamic lighting.

Concept of the DSC:

- maximum available graphics quality.
DSC uses absolutely all the technologies available in gzdoom. Development is carried out on the test builds of the engine and at any time synchronized with the new features of future versions. The developers guarantee that at the time of release - DSC will use absolutely all the graphical features of GZdoom.
For ease of launch, DSC package will contain the latest 32/64 bit versions of GZdoom.

- elastic, mod-friendly gameplay with an automatic increase if difficulty and some RPG elements.
DSC uses a dynamic system of monsters and items spawn on the map, which depends on the overall progress in each episode of the game.
DSC is designed in such a way that any mod that works adequately on the original doom2 cards will work correctly in DSC as well.
The DSC uses a rank system. There are achievements which depend on the number of murders committed by the player throughout the game and add some additional ability according to your current rank.
- DSC is infinite.
Each card of each episode can be played any number of times - without starting the game from begin.
Each time you play any map you will receive a different set of monsters. Each time harder and more.
At the same time you will receive new ranks with their abilities.
Each time receiving a larger number of enemies you have will be the appropriate enhance to deal with them.

Source port: GZdoom 3.3.1+ (may be changed further)

All the details later

Whoah

Re: Doom Slayer Chronicles

Post by Whoah »

Looks downright stunning! Looking forward to the release!
bifurcator

Post by bifurcator »

Rex705

Post by Rex705 »

I have been watching and waiting for this it looks so good.
GENTEK

Doom Slayer Chronicles

Post by GENTEK »

Keep up the good work with this project I really love what I see!!! :D
grouchbag

Post by grouchbag »

The screenshots look gorgeous! :wub:
tacodemon

Post by tacodemon »

This is going to be insanely AWESOME!!! If you guys need any assistance with testing, etc. I'm happy to dive in wherever I can help!
Armaetus
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Home
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Armaetus »

Looks absolutely beautiful, but I don't think packing the latest version of GZDoom with the map set is the wisest idea. However, linking to the LATEST builds (incl. development) would be a better idea.

I take it the HUD/weapon shown isn't part of the mod, right?
BROS_ETT_311

Post by BROS_ETT_311 »

Any chance this will include DPWH/DPWH-Prologue? Even if they're packaged as separate episodes, this would be an awesome experience progressing through the entirety of your style of maps. Regardless, I'm very hyped to dive knee deep into the Doomslayer Chronicles and rip and tear my way through hell!
camper

Post by camper »

Fantastic. Never thought that for the sake of a new gzdoom I'll think about a new PC.
Legion

Post by Legion »

I can feel my computer melting already. On a more serious note, it looks good. Damn good. Keep it up!
FrankADG

Post by FrankADG »

Caligari87
Admin

Post by Caligari87 »

That's not so much a "first look" as a "cinematic teaser, but nice work regardless. I love the "powered by GZDoom" logo.

8-)
FrankADG

Post by FrankADG »

Caligari87
Admin

Post by Caligari87 »

Awww, I was really hoping for a showcase of Hideous Destructor compatibility. Looking good though!

8-)

Return to “Levels”