guilty conscience?

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.

Am I a...

Honest guy
27%
Pirate
27%
Eeh... so-so
45%

Total votes: 22

SargeBaldy

Post by SargeBaldy »

SlayeR wrote:Heh, well I bought Doom2, Heretic and Final Doom.

The rest (UD, Hexen, Deathkings) are warez'd. :P
you bought doom2 but not UD? for shame. the main reason i haven't bought doom2 yet is because i still don't think it's worth the $5 or whatever it costs (at least not without pwads).
HotWax

Post by HotWax »

/me contemplates asking those that have warez Deathkings where they got it, but figure it would probably be in bad taste, so instead resolves that he'll do it in a round-about-way, maybe enclosed in some kind of joke post, which just happens to contain his email address, sndspmhre@hotmail.com, and makes a final note to include a wink and a nod as a way of asking for the inappropriate information in a hush-hush manner.

/me gives a wink and a nod.
Lexus Alyus

Post by Lexus Alyus »

I warez things beacause they are unavailable in the UK. I would happily love an original copy of strife, but it doesn't exist... ao what do I do? Mr honest guy doesn't have a copy of strife... :-( (Fortunately I have a friend that is sending me his copy, good friend).

I managed to find powerslave on amazon.co.uk, but thats it. All my old id games I got in an id anthology, cool thing. I'm looking for Eradicator... can't get it anywhere, no shop, no warez, what's a guy to do?! I lost my key to Half life a while a go, I was honest enough to buy the damn thing in the first place... had to get it off friend.

If I lost my copy of doom I would just scam the Iwad of a friend or something.

I own like £1000 of music software... I paid £0. Why? Because I am a student, I earn £80 a week, I can barely live off that nevermind do the things I enjoy. Thanks to piracy I can persue a carrer in music cus I can gain the skills I want by playing with free industry standard software that is pirated.

The way I see it is that only rich people can afford all of this good stuff... take 3D studios max, it's way expensive, yet it's just a model editor... here's a good one, a decent paint program (PSP), what ordinary joe is gonna be able to afford that? It's thanks to Piracy that we ordinary (poor) people can actually enjoy a good thing, most creativity comes from people with little fortune, and even better, most talented people still go to school! (for the slightly slow people, I'm suggesting that good talent is young people (13-16) that just don't have an income pereod!) That's great if this kid is living with parents that live in a run down council house, only one oparent works and just barely warns enough to live on, and the bastard government tyaxes the fuck out of people... that's my child hood by the way... and some people wonder why I feel trapped...

:twisted:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Bought my Doom new at the time and Doom][ used off eBay.

I'd like to think that the id Ferarri's are partially mine. :-) I see them around town from time to time (live in N. Dallas).
bimshwel

Post by bimshwel »

I have not purchased or downloaded Doom because...

I MADE DOOM!
How does it feel to know you've had the sole creator of one of the most influential video games ever among you all this time?! You belong to me now!
Lexus Alyus

Post by Lexus Alyus »

Yeah, I beleive that as much as I beleive that I'm Bobby Prince...

:twisted:
bimshwel

Post by bimshwel »

That's actually somewhat easier to believe, because that would indicate you did just a single part of the work on my grand project. However, clearly you are not, because the real Robert Prince and all the rest of them know they were only credited so that my identity might remain a secret! And now I am rich, rich, I tell you!
Chilvence

Post by Chilvence »

id software is a lie? I want my money back! And a complimentary signed copy of doom2 while youre there...
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Let's see... I bought Hexen off ebay, but all the others I "Borrowed" from a friend. I wish I had a copy of Strife, but then again, I don't think it would run under XP.

Hey, Evil Mittens, since you made Doom, How's Doom3 coming along? :)
Curunir
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Curunir »

I wish I could buy the Doom games. But since I live on the butt-end of civilization, I have no choice but to go for "teh evil warez". One simply can't find Doom in stores here. But of course you can get Sims - Pissed On Beer and Whatnot. It's not that I can't put away some cash in 2 or 3 months' time and buy the games, it's that they can't be found legally.
HotWax

Post by HotWax »

There's no beer in The Sims...

And why is it that I am STILL the only person to have admitted to being a pirate in the poll?? You're all in denial.
Bio Hazard

Post by Bio Hazard »

HotWax wrote:There's no beer in The Sims...
with the right user-objects there is :p
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

like Nanami I paid for the collectors edition, but I had to hunt out and install my old win95 version for the damn thing to work, lol :wink:
adx

Post by adx »

HotWax wrote:There's no beer in The Sims...

And why is it that I am STILL the only person to have admitted to being a pirate in the poll?? You're all in denial.
you're not alone anymore, i got both doom on warez.(forgot what website it is, but if i do, i'll post it here) :twisted:
SargeBaldy

Post by SargeBaldy »

adx wrote:i got both doom on warez.(forgot what website it is, but if i do, i'll post it here)
i highly recommend you don't.

Return to “General”