Hideous Destructor Bootcamp

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

NOTE: This forum, and all forums below it, are NOT for questions or troubleshooting! Threads here are for active projects only! Please use the Editing subforums or General for questions.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Hideous Destructor Bootcamp

Postby Leon_Portier » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:19 pm

Description:
The UAC Bootcamp. The center of training for all brave UAC cadets with hopes and dreams to keep their pure green Earth clean from the impending dangers of the Hell invasion, and also acts as training grounds for the Hideous Destructor Doom mod. These set of courses and obstacles are made so that beginners of Hideous Destructor may hopefully have a better time to train, adapt, and conquer the many complex mechanics and dangerous foes that are in the mod.

This map also includes an optional voice addon pack, done by members of the HDest community. This was made to both ease the reading players would still be doing while also giving players the chance to practice what they’re learning as its being told.

The following courses are available and can be cleared independently:
  • Basic Movement and Fire Course
  • Advanced Movement Course
  • Stamina and Encumbrance Management Course
  • Indoor Range Course
  • Demolition Course
  • Wall Penetration Course
  • CQC Course
  • Grenade Course
  • Medical Course
  • Monster Course
  • Arena Course
  • Supernatural Course
  • Trap Course
  • Items Course
Note that as Hideous Destructor continues with its neverending updates, both this map and the voice addon pack might also find themselves being continuously updated with new courses or new lines.

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Download:
Bootcamp (1.7 MB):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gdwgc6i9itikc ... c.zip?dl=0

Bootcamp voice lines (17.6 MB): (Load with Bootcamp)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vqg2d7qqj5mbm ... c.zip?dl=0

Hideous Destructor Bootcamp requires the Hideous Destructor mod (4.1.3c tested)!
Hideous Destructor is available here:
https://github.com/MatthewTheGlutton/Hi ... ag/v4.1.3c

Credits:
Mapping: Leon Portier
Script : ZikShadow, Leon Portier
Custom Sky Texture: Chopblock
Custom Switch Textures: Shino1
Custom Music : Josh771 (BGM)
Voice acting : Fort of Hard Knox, Sledge, Josh771, Dawnbreez, Kinsie , Tox, ZikShadow, Leon Portier
Additional Credits : Samarai1000
Many thanks to everyone involved!

Troubleshooting:
  • The map wont start.
    Make sure you load HD 4.1.3c, the HD Master has a lot of changes which can cause problems. Also make sure you load the map after Hideous Destructor!

Hideous Destructor Forum thread:
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=12973

Updates:
Spoiler:
Last edited by Leon_Portier on Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
Leon_Portier

Discord: Leon Portier#2527

Re: Hideous Destructor Bootcamp

Postby Samarai1000 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:51 pm

This is really cool! I love the atmosphere of the place with the little decorations and ambient sounds, and I imagine this'll be pretty helpful for newbies.
I'm curious as to why I'm credited in the voice acting section, though! My memory is terrible, but I don't remember doing any voicework for this, and can't seem to find it if I did.
Samarai1000

Postby Leon_Portier » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:15 pm

Samarai1000 wrote:This is really cool! I love the atmosphere of the place with the little decorations and ambient sounds, and I imagine this'll be pretty helpful for newbies.
I'm curious as to why I'm credited in the voice acting section, though! My memory is terrible, but I don't remember doing any voicework for this, and can't seem to find it if I did.

Many thanks!
You did help out last October with the Killhouse in the Indoor Range Course a lot, so I´ll put you into the additional credits.
Leon_Portier

Postby Rex705 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:35 pm

I can't get this to work. I load the map and the mod but it just gives me Zscript errors and fails.
Rex705

Discord: Rex705
Twitch ID: Rex705

Postby Leon_Portier » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:18 am

Rex705 wrote:I can't get this to work. I load the map and the mod but it just gives me Zscript errors and fails.

Can you show me the errors?
Copypaste or a screenshot could work.
Leon_Portier

Postby ZikShadow » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:58 am

Rex705 wrote:I can't get this to work. I load the map and the mod but it just gives me Zscript errors and fails.

Just running through the common troubleshoot list, here:
1. Are you sure you're loading HDest with it?
2. If so, is it the correct version, 4.1.3c?
3. Have you checked if HDest is loaded first or last? The Bootcamp stuff must be loaded last.
4. Are any of the archives corrupted? Try redownloading.
ZikShadow

Postby Rex705 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:58 am

Ok, thanks for the help I got it working now :)
Rex705

Discord: Rex705
Twitch ID: Rex705

Return to Levels