XboxDoom 1+ 2: re-added

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

NOTE: This forum, and all forums below it, are NOT for questions or troubleshooting! Threads here are for active projects only! Please use the Editing subforums or General for questions.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

XboxDoom 1+ 2: re-added

Postby JoeyTD » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:08 am

Description:
Simple little map wads that adds and replaces the xbox doom 3 limited edition classic doom map E1M10 "sewers" and "hanger" with its secret exit to E1M10 and classic doom 2 map33 "betray" and map02 "Underhalls "with its secret exit to map33 back into classic PC Doom to be used in doom source ports.

For legal reasons this mod only has the map data (no sprites, textures, or flats) so we'll need a legal copy of doom 1 + 2 to use these map mods or you could run it with freedom 1 + 2.

link:

https://www.moddb.com/games/doom/addons ... nloadsform

videos:

Credits:
id Software
Vicarious Visions
classicdoom.com

If this has been done before I'm sorry and if this somehow illegal I'll remove the files.
JoeyTD
BeardedDoomGuy everywhere else

Re: XboxDoom 1+ 2: re-added

Postby Ac!d » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:55 pm

Spoiler: Script errors with XboxDoom_RedAdd.wad (Easy to fix)

Also, map33 "Betray" is added In Doom 2 : BFG Edition (Doom 2Bfg.wad) with the episode "No Rest For The Living".
Strange that they didn't add a secret exit to "Hangar" (not map05 "Hanger" of TNT) for E1M10 "Sewers"
Ac!d
Perfection is a way, not an end. - Korean Proverb

Discord: Ac!d#2732

Re: XboxDoom 1+ 2: re-added

Postby JoeyTD » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:07 pm

Ac!d wrote:
Spoiler: Script errors with XboxDoom_RedAdd.wad (Easy to fix)

Also, map33 "Betray" is added In Doom 2 : BFG Edition (Doom 2Bfg.wad) with the episode "No Rest For The Living".
Strange that they didn't add a secret exit to "Hangar" (not map05 "Hanger" of TNT) for E1M10 "Sewers"

I'll patch the script error in a few.

I knew about betray being in BFG edition but they removed the "secretexit" to map33, so pressing that part only restarts the level.
JoeyTD
BeardedDoomGuy everywhere else

Return to Levels