I need maps for a new "Blood" adventure... please!

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Doctor-Dos

I need maps for a new "Blood" adventure... please!

Post by Doctor-Dos »

Hello All!

I am looking for some contributors to provide maps for a new up-and-coming "Blood" adventure!
I have been mapping and decorate coding for zdoom for well over three years... So I am not just another newbie learning the ropes.

I have been creating a new Blood TC for GZDOOM intent upon fixing all the little "inaccuracies" found in ZBLOOD.
However, Life has a tendancy to get busy for me. As a result I am unable to devote the kind of time I would like building maps for this TC. So I hope some of you good natured folks out there might be willing to help.

This is intended to be a new adventure for Caleb, I am not trying to recreate the original levels...
It will include some brand new, never-before-seen enemies, bosses, etc.
As well as some new astounding techniques to be included for the fist time in any GZDOOM level.

I am a little apprehensive about giving away too much information about my projects, having once had a bad experience on another site (which shall remain nameless) involving somebody stealing my original name, ideas, textures, and sprites for an earlier Wolfenstein TC I was creating.

So please... All I need is maps with a Blood theme. You can use ZBLOOD to texture/populate them, I will not release mine until it is 100% completed.

All maps submitted must be compatible with GZDOOM. If you wish, you may include custom High-res texture with your maps.
But only custom textures included in a ZIP/PK3 will be accepted.
Please be sure to include a readme with each map stating your name/info so proper credit can be given.

Pleas E-mail all correspondence and or maps to willywnk6@gmail.com

Thank you So Much! :D
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: I need maps for a new "Blood" adventure... please!

Post by wildweasel »

This really isn't what the Resources forum is for (maps really aren't considered a resource), and I don't really consider this a project unless you can show screenshots that reflect content you made (which is going to be difficult given the circumstances that this is Blood-themed), so I've opted to shift this over to the General forum.
Doctor-Dos

Post by Doctor-Dos »

Ok... Sorry about the mix-up, I am new to the forum...
I will load some screenshots as soon as possible.

I have made some new enemies for it (namely, killer Clowns).
I also have developed a method for showing full frame-rate movies as textures, which I do not believe has ever been attempted.

I will post some screenshots ASAP!

Is it at all possible to post a video? I think that would demonstrate my idea a lot better.
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

Yeah. Upload it to YouTube and use the [youtube] tags, inserting the video id--like, say, cUd1NmCmx1c--in between [/youtube] like so. You'll get something like this:

Though if you're concerned about people ripping you off, you might want to make the video private. That way, only the people who have the URL (AKA: Us) would be able to see it.
Doctor-Dos

Post by Doctor-Dos »

Thanks... I will upload to Youtube when I get the chance... For now here is a few screenshots.
Please note that these are only monster testing shots. So don't expect any spectacular mapping shown.

The killer clowns still need some work, but are shown just to demonstrate the idea.
Clowns copy.jpg
Clowns copy.jpg (63.6 KiB) Viewed 1483 times
Doctor-Dos

Post by Doctor-Dos »

The skeletons are from "Whitchhaven" but are very heavily modified (new animations, recolored).
Skeletons_2 copy.jpg
Skeletons_2 copy.jpg (55.83 KiB) Viewed 1483 times
yellowmadness54

Post by yellowmadness54 »

I really like the looks of things so far, especially the skeletons. Don't like the killer clowns though, sorta "goofy" looking. But this certainly seems like a neat WAD, and would like to play it. Is this open to any mappers?
I would like to help with what I can.
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

Is this open to any mappers?
That's kind of the point of the topic. :p
Doctor-Dos

Post by Doctor-Dos »

Yes yellowmadness54, This Project is Open To Mappers!
Thank you very much for the compliments and the much needed constructive criticism.
I look forward to your becoming a part of this project. :D
Please feel free to make any suggestions you may have.

I agree, I don't like the clowns so much...
It was just one of those "worked-too-hard-on-it" things that you need to have someone else tell you the obvious truth...

The clowns stink...

I will be posting a you-tube trailer to demonstrate the whole concept. Be sure to watch for it here!
Sodaholic

Post by Sodaholic »

Plain skeletons are pretty generic, honestly. I don't think the chainsaw clown is a bad idea, recolor it to red maybe, and it will look much better.
MidnightTH

Post by MidnightTH »

Make them revenants
cq75
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by cq75 »

I also like the chainsaw clowns for this mod. In purple spandex they are very weird looking, and that makes them look more demented, which fits perfectly in Blood.
Doctor-Dos

Post by Doctor-Dos »

Well Maybe The Clowns will stay...

By the way... You can shoot the heads/skulls off the skeletons and they will run around headless. :D
Maybe it doesn't seem so generic now?
hugoroy

Post by hugoroy »

Well I guess I could help map. Never played blood though :(
TheMistress

Post by TheMistress »

hugoroy wrote:Well I guess I could help map. Never played blood though :(
Lot's of RoR(Room over Room), Wich can be done with 3D Floors, dark atmosphere, places were zombies come out of the floor and stuffs..

Return to “General”