[Project] "Knee-Deep in ZDoom"

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Nmn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Nmn »

ellmo wrote: 1. Chaingun/SuperCharge area is accesable without blue keycard (one of the oval widnows in the staircase leading to the red keycard isn't impassable)
Uhh.. no. I have posted an updated version that fixes this great annoyance. Both windows are impassable.
Now If someone complains about HOMs on the arches in the north part or the HOMs on mirrors in the staircase-play my updated version damnit! :evil:
2. The pipes with grill-like textures in the grey rock outdoor (the additional, non original one) area are passable, that plays just silly.
Oh fuck, I didn't know about THIS bug :( I'll fix it and post the new updated version ASAP.
Go forth minions, hunt down these bugs :twisted:
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

Nmn wrote:Archon-it's ok. You've saved him some work :)
I don't get what was wrong with the forcefields tough.. killed the demons like there's no tomorrow :| Just make sure the master barons work and all's fine.
It all works. And you'll kick yourself about the forcefields: You forgot the monster activates flag.
Nmn

Post by Nmn »

EDIT: Ok, Report:
Ze1m2
(I guess we can call it a day :thumb: )
http://ccc.1asphost.com/Sonybono/ze1m2_final.zip22
(zip22 rename to zip and unzip :biggrin:)

Here's my changelog:
1.Nukeage secret changed
2.I've added an itsy bitsy new area-the core room. Switching the core off turns the force fields scattered troughout the level off. This results in
-Getting the chaingun that has been moved to a different spot
-Getting the access to some medkits (useful on UV)
-Gaining access to the room with chainsaw (a must reach to lower the bars to the elevator near the nukage walkways)
3.Added some minor scripts and slightly changed gameplay.
4.Threw out monsters out of the secret in Tormentor's ruined halls areas (leading to the chainsaw room) why place monsters in a secret?! That's my reward? :|
5.Added numerous sounds troughout the map.
6.Numerours small Fixes.
7.Added myself to the credits :biggrin:

If someone finds any bugs don't report them, fix them! I need to work on e1m4 for sake :(
Last edited by Nmn on Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

DM isn't planned. NMN. This a single player/co-op project.
Last edited by TheDarkArchon on Sun Oct 31, 2004 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Risen

Post by Risen »

I am back from the weekend, and will start on the intermap now.
I will be working in MAPINFO, and will need to add entries for each level. If the map you are working on does not have its map number set properly, please change it now. (E1M2 should be MAP02, E1M3 should be MAP03, etc.) If there is anything you need in your MAPINFO, please tell me. Also, I plan on adding evenlighting to the defaultmap. If you want your map's lighting set differently, please also let me know. I know M5 and M7 in particular will benefit from evenlighting, but the other maps I do not know.

NMN: DM is not a priority. See discussion earlier in the thread.

Edit: Where can I find the intermission map? The previous link I found was broken!
Nmn

Post by Nmn »

Found it. awww crap, Nossr is having trouble with his server. I'll upload it to my space then.

Intermission Map: (at it's current state)
http://ccc.1asphost.com/Sonybono/inter.zip22

Now who is going to do the credits thingy? Are we planning an intro of some sort? Damn, the particapants list is so messy, Torm, point everyone to their assignments.
Risen

Post by Risen »

Got the map, thank you for the quick response.
I'm starting on it now.

Will we see the new resource WAD soon, torm?
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@NMN - Can't download E1M2 but great shots on E1M4 :) Detail is finally growing ;)

@Archon - No, it isn't okay :( I already did some heavy work on E1M8 and I might ask you if you could fix this stuff on my altered one from today!? I sent it to you via email.

@Bio - Great work :) (but don't forget to concentrate on the new areas which still look fucking plain :()

@NMN - Second one works, concerning 4.: It is no more secret, so leave the monsters there!, and BioHazard works on the Credits map. Concerning the list of assignments: I will do a complete overview of all the stuff which needs to be done today, or tomorrow. Oh and btw: The read texture in the stairway looks pretty ugly :(
Last edited by Tormentor667 on Sun Oct 31, 2004 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

HAve you added the super barons and fixed the forcedield already? If so there is (Most probabally) nothing for me to do.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

The barons yes, but not the forcefiled, do I just have to make it monster-activatable?
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

Yes. Give the lines with line ID 40 the "monster activates" flag and it will work. (It still affects players as well, don't worry).

EDIT: Just listened "Asphyxiated Soul" and although it's a good song, I don't think it would fit into a game level very well.
ellmo

Post by ellmo »

Could someone please merge the Tank textures with our resource wad? I'll be adding a tank, or an Armoured Vehicle to the map. So please update the Resource cos I'm currently not using programs capable of doing this (I have more imporatnt things to worry about).

Cheers
Bio Hazard

Post by Bio Hazard »

Tormentor667 wrote:(but don't forget to concentrate on the new areas which still look fucking plain :()
thats what NMN is for :)

seriously though: im walking the entire level and detailing everything over again. i'll definately get to AREA4, but im making my own part supar 1337 first :)

@risen: my mapinfo says this:

Code: Select all

map MAP09 "Military Base"
forcenoskystretch
music D_E1M9
next map04
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@ellmo - I will do that also today or tomorrow when I work on the resource wad, just wait :)
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

============================
Okay, at the moment, I upload the latest RESOURCE.WAD to my webspace, the following changes have been done:

- Tank Textures have been added to the resources for easy use
- Fire Texture from another resource pack has been added (BRITE1, check TNT3 MAP02 for demo)
- Warp Variants for all liquids have been added, you have to use them instead of the animated ones
- Triple Warp Flats have been added (W3LAVA and W3LIQUID), they warp with 3times the power of one warping flat, just try it, I use it in E1M8 ;)

http://home.arcor.de/tormentor667/kdizd ... zd1res.zip

Return to “Levels”