Wolfen preview

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

I got the enDSeQ problem too.
I can't do anything about this simply because it doesn't happen for me, sorry. When I beat the final battle, it goes to my exittext and then to Hexen's credit screen.
The final fight and wolf enemies were great (where are the wolf sprites from?) and the final battle was very cool. I'll not spoil it for anyone - but I certainly didn't expect it.
The sprites are the werewolf sprites from Daggerfall, as is the warlord.
I am guessing the grave riddle about two hands to heaven (or whatever it was) relates to the hands of the clock.
My clock works different from Hexen's. Did you set the clock?
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

LilWhiteMouse wrote:My clock works different from Hexen's. Did you set the clock?
Didn't realise I could. :) I just put the cog in, hit the switch (or was it a wheel?) and the clock started ticking and moving. I didn't think I would be able to do anything else to it. I guess that's a significant thing I missed.

As for the endseq thing, is it mentioned in any lumps or scripts? If so, I'll have a trawl around and try a few options when I get home. I may not get much of a chance tonight though because I'm taking a school trip to a lecture at the local Uni.
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

I have no idea what this "endseq" thing is. I used "next EndGame1" in my mapinfo, but I wasn't sure which screen it used so I imported them all. All I got was a corrupted background, same thing I got before I imported them. Turns out I simply forgot to add the flat parameter to my cluster's def. I added it, but all I still got was game -> exit text -> credits, so I removed them.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

I played through this but unfortunately I don't like it :( Can't tell you why, maybe because it's to "Hexenish" in consideration of the mapdesign.
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Biff wrote:No Xaser, I'll never, ever, play all the way though Hexen as far as I can tell, I don't have that much time and I'm not very fast at solving puzzles.
Well, if you need any help with it, just PM me or something, I can help you with just about anything in the game (Except for "Help, this boss is too hard, I can't get get past it!" or something silly like that).

As for LWM's wad, I still haven't played it as I haven't transferred my harddrive from my old computer to my new one, yet. Ok, Bye... I'm off to play Quake 3!
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

LilWhiteMouse wrote:I have no idea what this "endseq" thing is.
OK, I've looked in all the IWADs that Zdoom supports, and didn't spot a lump called endseq. I looked in Zdoom.exe using a hex editor and found 2 occurences. One like this enDSeQ and one like this endseq, but I don't know what they are.
LilWhiteMouse wrote:I used "next EndGame1" in my mapinfo, but I wasn't sure which screen it used so I imported them all. All I got was a corrupted background, same thing I got before I imported them. Turns out I simply forgot to add the flat parameter to my cluster's def. I added it, but all I still got was game -> exit text -> credits, so I removed them.
Hexen and Heretic full screen graphics are in a different format to regular Doom ones. If you just include a full screen graphic as you would for Doom, you'll get the corruption you saw. I have been able to get DeepSea to import graphics and have them usable for Hexen and Heretic endings. After a deal of trickery and palette loading, I even managed to get replacement graphics for the Heretic vertical scroller to be accepted into a Doom wad and have Zdoom use the scroller as an ending for a Doom mission.

FYI, Endgame1, 2 and 4 just go to the credit screen if you use them in a Doom2 wad. Endgame3 (the bunny scroller) works if you provide the lumps - the 2 320x200 graphics, the D_BUNNY music and the animated The End graphic. You can also get the Heretic EndUnderwater (end of Ep2) and EndDemon (vertical scroller) to work with a bit of jiggery pokery with palettes and so on. I think EndChess (Hexen ending) will also work.

I'm guessing Endgame1 went to the credit screen because Zdoom was treating it in Hexen like it does in Doom2.

I think Randy said, just before the old board closed, that he has included an untested feature of being able to specify the final graphic in mapinfo - so you can include your own and use them without using the existing endings. I have no idea how that will sit with the slightly different format for Heretic/Hexen graphics.
Biff

Post by Biff »

I played as far as I could and finally had to quit, could go no further. I had found one book and found the clock gear. Also got the "serpent staff" or whatever it was. I think my main problems were:

1. I made my way to the clock controls by jumping through a broken stained glass window onto the roof, then down to the yard. Used the gear, moved the clock hands around but not with any intent. I then could not get out of there without noclipping out. Maybe I shouldn't have got in at that time, but I could see no door which would open to get to the clock. Many wooden doors and gates would not open.

2. Eventually the clock hand were vertical and I quickly struck the two bells. The inside door to the temple opened and I killed the three wolves I found. After that, there was nothing else I could find to do in the map. I peeked behind (no clipping) the innermost wall of the temple, saw it was probably a door, but did not know how to open it.

The bookshelf was probably working correctly, it accepted one book and told me "you replaced a book". However, I couldn't find a second book. After two hours total, I give up!
Bio Hazard

Post by Bio Hazard »

yep im in the same fix as biff i just cant seem to get any farther from that point (i got farther from that last post)

actually biff thats the same way i got to the clock controlls but i had no trouble getting out (there should be a broken wall somewhere)

EDIT: ah i figured out a few things:

1. to get out of the fix that biff is in (cant get out of the clock area) you need to hack down some trees at 1248,256 and 1280,288

2. to get past the back of the temple you lite the unlit torch in the very back of the temple

NOTE: 1 of the mana beam things is hidden in the swamp: after you pick up the clock gear, the things that used to be bars blocking you from that area turn into stairs leading to a false wall with a switch

EDIT2: Oh come on LWM, "Anal Disruptors" (those swirly spiked stings from ROTT) are a little un-hexenish dont you think?

EDIT3: ERROR REPORT! HOM produced by line 2745 (v2214 to v2215) on map02 when viewed from > 1024 units away

EDIT4: Im stuck again! :D this time im stuck afetr the tower that you go to after replacing the fire mask. and where is this "mana beam" anyway?
Last edited by Bio Hazard on Thu Sep 11, 2003 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HotWax

Post by HotWax »

I take it no one has had a repeat occurence of the bookcase HOM I reported earlier?
Bio Hazard

Post by Bio Hazard »

i see that HOM all the time

use +GENNODES 1 to fix it (zdoom should come with that on dy default)

and BTW thas not a HOM its bleeding... there is a difference
randi
Site Admin

Post by randi »

enDSeQ is ZDoom's internal notation for storing an endgame sequence in the next map field after a MAPINFO has been parsed. Yes, the capitalization is intentional so that ZDoom does not confuse it with any real maps, because real maps will always be uppercase.
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

A new version:
http://home.midmaine.com/~lilwhitemo/wolfen_p2.cab
Various fixes mentioned before, and some new stuff:
- I've added three chimes, hazard, clue, and map complete. Map complete does not account for weapon pick ups, as they are not required to advance.
- Each ethereal teleport location base now indicates which anchor is located in that level, that corresponds with the symbol in the sanctuary.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Biff wrote:The bookshelf was probably working correctly, it accepted one book and told me "you replaced a book". However, I couldn't find a second book. After two hours total, I give up!
OK, this is from memory. To get the second book, you'll need to use the fire key on the other door that needs it, and don't forget to have a smashing time after you are in. :)

BTW, I don't think you need both books to complete the game, but what you find may help you.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

randy wrote:enDSeQ is ZDoom's internal notation for storing an endgame sequence in the next map field after a MAPINFO has been parsed.
Any idea why Zdoom would be dropping to the console with a W_GetNumForName: enDSeQ Not Found! message?
randi
Site Admin

Post by randi »

No idea, and I haven't checked yet, either.

Return to “General”