DoomRPG Rebalance [DoomRPG + DoomRL Arsenal Extended build]

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Your favorite Monster Pack for DoomRPG?

DoomRL Monsters Pack Beta 7.3
72%
Pandemonia Monsters v2.2
5%
Colourful Hell v0.99b
16%
DeHacked Attack 4.0
4%
Rampancy 2.0
3%

Total votes: 75

FilthySilver
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: DoomRPG Rebalance [DoomRPG + DoomRLA Extended build]

Post by FilthySilver »

lucker42 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:48 pm
Exibius wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:00 pm
FilthySilver wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:01 amThere's no card selection upon returning to the level from the outpost.
Type "ccards_allowreturnmaps true" into console. CMM recently added a cvar for this. It's off by default, though.
Alright. This can also be changed in DoomRPG -> Corruption Cards Option (this is the same CVar).
Got it. Thank you.
Edward-san

Post by Edward-san »

This commit seems to have broken the spawn of map startup weapons. To be clear, loading any map (also stock Doom 2) does not spawn weapons at all as it should.

For example, Doom2 map05 should spawn the supershotgun in front of you, but it does not.

It still seems to be broken on latest master.
lucker42

Post by lucker42 »

Edward-san wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:02 am This commit seems to have broken the spawn of map startup weapons. To be clear, loading any map (also stock Doom 2) does not spawn weapons at all as it should.

For example, Doom2 map05 should spawn the supershotgun in front of you, but it does not.

It still seems to be broken on latest master.
Thanks for the feedback!

Looks like I managed to solve this issue.

Please try it now and let me know that the problem is solved. If the problem repeats, please share your load order of mods.
lucker42

Post by lucker42 »

Armage wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:16 am This is the why i'm sad to see performance dropping in low end machines.

But i know, the big percentage of players have an Core i3 or superior.

This is the why i'm happy to see you will see possibilities to expand the performance.
I just made some optimization updates. Please check it out and give me feedback!

The last buld can be downloading from the link in the top thread.
Ranubis
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Ranubis »

This mod looks awesome, I must say i was already in love with DoomRLA so this is great!

I have to ask if you would consider adding Gun Bonsai compatibility or if its good idea to play them together, it is a really nice mod and I think it could go well together...Maybe? Also I tried LegenDoom (awesome mod too) but it looks like doesn't work at all with DoomRLA so i think it will be similar even with DoomRPG compatibility patch? Greetings from Spain to all of you! :D
Armage

Post by Armage »

lucker42 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:12 pm
Armage wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:16 am This is the why i'm sad to see performance dropping in low end machines.

This is the why i'm happy to see you will see possibilities to expand the performance.
I just made some optimization updates. Please check it out and give me feedback!

Hi!

I tested this build from 25, September and unfortunately is more heavy than before :/ . I tested in Outpost, Memento Mori 1 first level and Combat Shock first level.

Same Memento Mori 1 is more heavy and i used no clip drop new option in Performance, activated, save and load Toaster Mode, Disable fancy auras, but not work.

So i back to build from 16, September, the last build i downloaded before build from 25.
CzudakCzudak

Post by CzudakCzudak »

Armage wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:09 am

Hi!

I tested this build from 25, September and unfortunately is more heavy than before :/ . I tested in Outpost, Memento Mori 1 first level and Combat Shock first level.

Same Memento Mori 1 is more heavy and i used no clip drop new option in Performance, activated, save and load Toaster Mode, Disable fancy auras, but not work.

So i back to build from 16, September, the last build i downloaded before build from 25.
Please remember the whole project is being developed with GZDoom in mind, not LZDoom. Therefore, if you're using LZDoom, you might not see the optimizations giving you more performance, but less?
Armage

Post by Armage »

CzudakCzudak wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:34 am
Armage wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:09 am

Hi!

Please remember the whole project is being developed with GZDoom in mind, not LZDoom. Therefore, if you're using LZDoom, you might not see the optimizations giving you more performance, but less?
Hum, i see, makes sense!

But not makes sense in sametime too, lol, because Brutal Doom works good here, Corruption Cards with Legendoom, Champions and Colourful Hell working good here, i really don't understand what is happening.

Anyway, the hope is the last who dies, lol, so i think maybe i will see an update for more performance same in LZDoom.

I like this mod, i want continue using, same with some maps running slow. This is the my most favorite mod, after is Brutal Doom forks and after Complex Doom forks.

I have an idea. I think in Outpost i can change the difficulty, so, in a early difficulty have less enemies, and i can try go to a map and see if with less enemies, i get more performance :D

Thanks for your attention :)
Travis Rowden

Post by Travis Rowden »

I see achievements for Back to Saturn X episodes one and two, but I only have a shareware edition included in the rebalance mod. Is this a bug on my end?
Armage

Post by Armage »

I have good news lucker!

I downloaded the most recent build of DoomRPG Rebalance after test some other builds.

And i want to say, the most recent build is the most optimized, same with old machines like mine, and using LZDoom.

What i tested for myself and see is, if i use ONLY the mods optimized for DoomRPG Rebalance, like DoomRLA, compatible maps and other some recommended mods, runs nice! And if i play with in Very Easy difficulty, have less enemies and runs better yet. But others like Champions and some plugins or mods, don't working good here, DoomRPG becomes heavy, very heavy, runs very slow.

And i tested in Combat Shock 1 first map. Is like an real stress test in my machine.

This i say here, on my very old machine. I know in the most recent machines will work with many mods working together.

Then i need to say, i'm so so sorry! What shame of my part, i don't tested the mod for itself with less mods, i tested with many and because this, i have an heavy game in consequence.

So for users with old machine like mine, from 2009, running in LZDoom, only try play this mod with less mods. If continue running slow, try with less mods yet.

Lucker, congratulations again! You are good! Your most recent build is working more better than another builds and i need to say, CzudakCzudak, you are right, the mod is running better yes than another builds, i'm wrong all this time. I needed to test and see for myself.

Continue with your very good work and i'm happy now because i will can play my most favorite mod :D
lucker42

Post by lucker42 »

Armage wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:09 am I have good news lucker!

Continue with your very good work and i'm happy now because i will can play my most favorite mod :D
Thanks for the feedback! Glad to hear it!
Travis Rowden wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:30 am I see achievements for Back to Saturn X episodes one and two, but I only have a shareware edition included in the rebalance mod. Is this a bug on my end?
I don't quite know what you're talking about. But you can use any wad that replaces map01-map32 (of the original doom2)
Travis Rowden

Post by Travis Rowden »

lucker42 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:59 am

Travis Rowden wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:30 am I see achievements for Back to Saturn X episodes one and two, but I only have a shareware edition included in the rebalance mod. Is this a bug on my end?
I don't quite know what you're talking about. But you can use any wad that replaces map01-map32 (of the original doom2)
I've tried to use a custom mod like Eviternity but when it loads up in the mods list, it doesn't actually show up in the level select at the UAC Hub. Am I doing something wrong?
Armage

Post by Armage »

lucker42 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:59 am

Hi!

I have another good news!

Remember the patch you made to run DoomRLA Extended in LZDoom?

Is working now, because i'm using less mods like i said and running good :)

And DoomRLA Extended add new classes, some new items to interact, achievements and familiars?

And what is the danger level? I changed in options the default 0 to 1 in each level. What will happen?

Continue with your good work and congratulations again and thanks for this patch, because i can run in LZDoom :D
Last edited by Armage on Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ranubis
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Ranubis »

I´ve been playing DoomRPG Rebalance for a few weeks and i must say its an awesome mod, but I just noticed that Supply Crates dont spawn at all, I only see those UAC crates that usually have stims and weapons. Im starting to think this could be UAC crates overwriting DoomRLA ´s supply crates...maybe?

So I would aprecciate some explanation cause I would like to see them both. Thanks for reading this and keep up with good work on this mod! :D
lucker42

Post by lucker42 »

Travis Rowden wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:12 pm I've tried to use a custom mod like Eviternity but when it loads up in the mods list, it doesn't actually show up in the level select at the UAC Hub. Am I doing something wrong?
any plugin wad replaces the doom2 maps. check if there are other mapsets plugged in that also replace these maps?
Armage wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:39 am And DoomRLA Extended add new classes, some new items to interact, achievements and familiars?
Yes.
Armage wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:39 am And what is the danger level? I changed in options the default 0 to 1 in each level. What will happen?
danger level affects the types of monsters that appear on the Adaptive difficulty (for DoomRL Monsters).
Ranubis wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:18 am I´ve been playing DoomRPG Rebalance for a few weeks and i must say its an awesome mod, but I just noticed that Supply Crates dont spawn at all, I only see those UAC crates that usually have stims and weapons. Im starting to think this could be UAC crates overwriting DoomRLA ´s supply crates...maybe?
The crates from DoomRLA have been replaced with the crates from DoomRPG for balance. That's the way it's meant to be.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”