[Script/Decorate] Player Movement Recognizer V3

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Zanieon
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

[Script/Decorate] Player Movement Recognizer V3

Post by Zanieon »

Alright, the purpose of this script is reach the player's movement to a level that can make Doom engine looks like a more 3D engine, so this will work better with models and also sprites if those have the required animations for it.

It recognizes when player is running and walking Forward, Backward, Jumps or fall from ledges, enters in water (deep water sectors or 3DFloors whatever) and also have a support to make a custom idle taunt (animation only will fully play when player remains stopped, if he moves it will cut to the proper movement animations), plus this have extension to you make your own custom states too without any problem, so it really take it's function without damage any other thing present in Player's Actor.

The script is not compiled, so anyone who understand what the script does, can modify it in its favor.

Comes with two lumps only, the script itself, and a DECORATE of how to use it in the player's actor, testing this directly will result in nothing happening since it is just pure source code and needs to be compiled first.

If you manage to have all animation sets for models/sprites then the script final result should be like what you see in the characters in Hunter's Moon.

Download Player Movement Recognizer Version 3

Hope this will be usefull for anyone. :wink:
-Zanieon
Last edited by Zanieon on Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:14 am, edited 5 times in total.
Enjay

Re: [Resource, ACS] Movement Recognition

Post by Enjay »

Some cunning stuff here but not as complicated looking as I thought it might be. Thanks for sharing.
Zanieon

Post by Zanieon »

Well, i tried explain at my best of how it works, the script itself its a bit hard to understand because it works as a diagram, that why the pile of IF/ELSE functions.
justin_see

Post by justin_see »

Could be very useful. Good stuff.
Nash

Post by Nash »

*Follow*
Zanieon

Re: [Resource, ACS] Movement Recognition V2

Post by Zanieon »

BUMP2YEARedition, improved the code alot and moved the stupid inventory checks to user vars.
Zanieon

Re: [Script/Decorate] Player Movement Recognizer V3

Post by Zanieon »

Another bump, improved script, extended it's functionality to differ running from walking movements and added example video.
WARCHILD_89
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [Script/Decorate] Player Movement Recognizer V3

Post by WARCHILD_89 »

gotta test this, looks pretty cool ;-), you could make a 3rd person shooter out of this :D, maybe something like Dead Space ...

Return to “Resources”