SHOOT STUFF, COLLECT SCORE. 'NUFF SAID?
Oh okay, here's some features of this mod:
- As stated, you collect score. If you get enough score, you are awarded with stuff!
- Get score from secrets, gibbing enemies, or picking up score they drop before it disappears.
- Difficulty ahoy! This mod is pretty tough, especially on the last two difficulties. Try the first two difficulties first.
- Difficulties change more than just health and damage of enemies. They will also add stuff like more projectiles, new attacks and special abilities, extra speed (mostly for melee enemies), and other things. There are quite some nasty new tricks awaiting in the harder difficulties, some downright mean. Can you handle it?
- Bombs. If you're in a bit of a pickle, use bombs to help, this will temporarily turn you into Benellus, the god of shotguns! Invulnerable and wielding six super shotguns, he can mow down enemies with ease.
- Maps are based off scrapped maps, thanks to Memfis, megalyth, snnnnori, Paul corfiatis and msscraps.zip
- Jumping and crouching is needed.
So, how much score can ya get? Do share how much you got in the end!
You are Captain Akimbo!
Your weapons are...
1 - Dual Pistols - Fast firing, does more damage if monster is up close. Altfire shoots a deathball that uses health as ammo, last ditch effort weapon.
Barrels are nearly immune to deathballs, so you can push 'em around.
2 - Dual shotguns - One pump-action, one sawn-off. 'Nuff said
3 - Chaingun and rocket launcher - Title says it all.
4 - Dual plasma - Fire is basically regular ol' plasma rifle. Altfire shoots a slower firing but stronger plasma beam, hold altfire to strengthen the beam at the cost of more ammo.
5 - AKIMBO BFGS OMG - Fires mini bfg balls quickly. Alt fire will have both BFGs charging up a HUGE BFG ball that will annihilate stuff. Requires a rare, special type of ammo.
Berserk: Berserk will make pistols even faster, and altfire more powerful.
https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/level ... r/projuber
Again, it's probably best to play the easier difficulties because this mod was designed to be tough as hell.
- Captain Akimbo's pistols do more damage up close, rewarding the player with extra damage if he risks getting up close.
- While in the beta phase, a friend showed some mistakes I did that would allow the player to skip ahead unintentionally. A map exploit, if you will. I decided to make it where you get a bunch of score if you manage to find one!
ADDED: BFG sprites and animation, missing alt fire animation though.
ADDED: New sprites for the final boss
ADDED: Starting at 100,000 score, hitting a score milestone will also provide you with a backpack.
ADDED: Fancy bullet impacts
ADDED: Decals for weapons and enemies
CHANGED: Benellus powerup now lasts 12 seconds instead of 10
CHANGED: Pinky demons provide score now.
CHANGED: Ghost revenant decoys (Only in hard difficulty) no longer have +NOCLIP on them.
CHANGED: Barrels are nearly immune to Cap'n Akimbo's altfire projectile, now you can move barrels and fireblu cubes around. They also violently shake when they're about to explode.
CHANGED: Harlequins have their health reduced, making it easier to gain the extra score.
CHANGED: Final boss has 17000 health instead of 30000, how it was THAT high I will never know.
REMOVED: Bonus points for not losing any health or not using bombs, seemed way too difficult to try that.
ADDED: Decided to add back a menu that appeared in private betas
ADDED: UBER score! Worth 5,000 points!
ADDED: Obituraries added to many enemies.
ADDED: More secrets!
ADDED: Originally, you couldn't get out the second half of level 5 and return to the first half. Now there's a teleporter back, incase you missed anything.
ADDED: The final boss could easily be destroyed with a bfg up close, now it has a special attack if you're too close.
ADDED: Speaking of BFGs, the akimbo bfgs are here!
ADDED: New enemy: The enemy, there's only three of them in the entire wad, they will drop a special item for your class.
For captain akimbo, it's rare ammo used for the akimbo bfg's altfire, use wisely.
FIXED: Benellus no longer has a red screen flash when damaged
FIXED: Many errors in the console were fixed, unknown textures and some decorate mistakes were taken care of
- Captain Akimbo's BOMB item has been replaced, temporarily turn into Benellus, the god of shotguns!
- Optional minibosses were added to map03 and map05
- Map03 has been slightly extended for the miniboss
- High tier and boss enemies will no longer have Xdeath. (You can't gib 'em basically.)
- It is easier to gib an enemy now.
- Many new gibbing animations. Thanks to cap'n of the J.
- Barrels have been added, hooray!
-ADDED: Fixed some bloodcolors on some enemies, such as blue blood on cacodemons.
-ADDED: Several new props were added to map03.
-CHANGED: Pistol altfire is stronger, both on normal and berserk mode.
-CHANGED: Fusionar sprites
-FIXED: Several texture mistakes and misalignments here and there.
-FIXED: Melee revenants were slower on harder difficulties.
-FIXED: Map05 had a script that did not execute, thus making it impossible to continue on.
-MISC: Added some forgotten credits, such as Paul Corfiatis. (Map04 was built off of here --- https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/level ... -9/0scraps )