A mod by Yholl and SoloSpaghetti
Fixed gibbing in Malek's Armor not only not keeping the armor intact, but also preventing the actual death animation, leaving behind a soulless, nonsolid statue of yourself.
Removed the Technician's higher drop chance from the supply crate, and slightly boosted the normal drop chance to compensate.
Fixed the High Power Nuclear BFG 9000's explosion not actually damaging anything. Somehow no one noticed this. >_>
Slightly altered the playerclasses to accomodate the Spider Overmind's new brand of "fun".
Added new strange drops to the supply crate. Only one currently works, the other is disabled until Beta 7. PISTAAAALS
Probably something else. Dunno.
|This is currently a beta release|
Please feel free to give me your thoughts on anything in the game, whether it's bugs, balance or suggestions, so I can refine it into something really fun.
The Zoom key has been renamed to indicate it is used to drop stuff. Be sure to bind a key to it.
- -= LATEST NEWS =-
Some sort of interloper made a custom title picture. Behold it's glory.
- -= DESCRIPTION =-
This mod was inspired by the fantastic Doom Roguelike made by Kornel Kisielewicz. While playing DoomRL, I felt that some of the mechanics used in it could be brought over and incorporated into Doom, and started brainstorming for months on exactly how to go about it using what I know of Zdoom DECORATE coding. The end result is great for blasting through a megawad with a friend, supporting each other with each classes unique abilities and having something to work towards past just finding the BFG9000. All the glorious weaponry from DoomRL makes an appearance here, except the ones I haven't made yet. They aren't here. I hope you enjoy this mod as much as I have (mostly) enjoyed coding it. (Rocket launcher. NEVER AGAIN.)
If you enjoyed this mod, and you've played roguelikes before, or are interested in trying one, head over to the DoomRL site and try it out for yourself. Easily one of the easiest RLs to get into, but by no means the easiest to win!
DoomRL Arsenal features such things as...
- -= NEW WEAPON SYSTEM! =-
You'll have to make some hard choices, though, as you can only carry 6 weapons at any time. Advanced functions will tell you what keys you need to press, but the Zoom key (Which has been renamed to Drop Item.) functions as a Drop key instead of a, well, zoom key. Drop weapons or modpacks with it, so you can be sure to carry only what you want with you. Press Zoom twice to drop a weapon, as a precaution against accidentally dropping a valuable weapon.
I'd like to thank Wildweasel for his ww-magop.wad and it's weapon mechanic, which I based this system off of.
Most weapons that appear in this mod are based off the DoomRL weapons, but are not perfect reproductions. In fact, some weapons are entirely different altogether! Weapons also now have magazines, requiring reloading, and may also be slower or less accurate than standard Doom weapons. Don't worry, because the next feature more than makes up for it!
- -= NEW ARMOR AND BOOTS SYSTEM! =-
Instead of the normal Doom armor mechanics, it's been revamped to a whole new level of awesome. You can carry one armor and one set of boots in your inventory at a time, in addition to any you are currently wearing, and you can drop and change any of these at any moment! Bear in mind that due to code limitations, any non-indestructible armors you stop wearing will be destroyed.
To unequip a currently worn armor or set of boots, there are two commands at the bottom of the keybinds list. Bind a key to them.
Simply press the appropriate key twice to remove your currently worn armor or boots.
Did I mention there's tons of new armors ingame for you to find? Boots too. Exotics and assemblies and uniques! Unfortunately, also due to limitations, you cannot mod boots at all, and can only mod armors with an Onyx modpack, so any assemblies you find will be premade in levels. These new armors protection against different types of damage too, so wear the ones you think are best for the moment! A Plasma Shield won't help you in a room full of Imps!
99% of the armors and boots you see here were made by the super talented SoloSpaghetti, who is the glorious Blacksmith of DoomRL Arsenal. He's amazing.
- -= SET BONUSES! =-
- -= MODPACKS! =-
When using a modpack, the first use selects the modpack for use. When selected, pressing Zoom will drop it, pressing Use Inventory again will apply it to the current weapon, and switching to a different weapon will cancel.
Thanks to HellCattX for his awesome ammopile, which I used as a base for the modpacks.
Agility Mod Pack
- Increases hitscan accuracy by .5 (For those unfamiliar, the Pistol has a spread of 5.6 horizontal, 0 vertical, this will reduce it to 5.1, 0)
Increases projectile speed on projectile-firing weapons
Bulk Mod Pack
- Increases clip size by 30% or at least 1
Increases pellet count on single shot shotgun weapons
Increases impact damage on single shot rockets
Increases damage on melee weapons
Power Mod Pack
- Increases damage
Increases explosive damage on rockets
Increases number of rays dealt by BFG attacks
Increases damage randomization on melee weapons
Technical Mod Pack
- Increases reload speed
Increases weapon switch speed on melee weapons
Sniper Mod Pack
- First mod makes first hitscan shot 100% accurate and increases accuracy by 2/2
Second mod makes all shots 100% accurate
Gives velocity scaling on projectiles and 100% accuracy
Firestorm Mod Pack
- Increases firerate on rapidfire weapons and pistols
Increases AOE radius on explosives
Increases number of BFG rays
Increases knockback and gives increases close combat damage to shotguns
A second mod forces radius damage on AOE weapons, in addtion to further increasing the radius
Nano Mod Pack
- Gun makes 1 ammo per half a second while held, cannot be reloaded manually
Onyx Mod Pack
- Makes your currently worn armor indestructible
Armor Mod Pack
- Allows you to change armor from one color to another. Change security armor to commando armor, for instance. Works with all three color armors.
There are even secrets to the exotic modpacks that few know of...
- -= ASSEMBLIES =-
When you apply the last modpack in a correct combination, it will ask you if you want to assemble it with the Fire button, or cancel with Altfire. An assembly is not always an upgrade, so sometimes you may not want to assemble something.
Here is an example of weapon modding and assembly.
Applying two Power Modpacks to the Shotgun...
Given the right combination for an assembly, the game asks for confirmation...
Huzzah! Elephant Gun! Instead of firing 7 pellets, the Elephant Gun fires a single shot with all the force of 7!
I only used two mods to assemble that gun, so it can have two more applied to it. More accuracy and faster reloads now!
- -= CLASSES =-
Effect: Rapidfire weaponry only consumes 1 ammo per 4 shots, or 1 ammo per burst, depending on the weapon.
Passive: Powerups last 50% longer.
Effect: Pistols always do 8x their base damage.
Passive: Runs 10% faster.
Effect: Can turn exotic or assembled weapons into modpacks, and unique weapons into exotic modpacks.
Passive: Regular maps function as tracking maps. Can carry 8 modpacks. Has a higher chance of getting rare items from a supply crate.
Effect: Fires 50% more pellets with multiple shot weapons.
Passive: Switches weapons instantly. Armor has 1.5x protection, up to a max of 80%.
- -= CHANGELOG =-
- Added a new class: Renegade! This badass biker fires extra pellets with shotguns or multiple shot weapons!
Renegade also gets boosted armor protection and can swap between weapons instantly.
Added a new menu that shows the stats of armor and boots, as well as overall ammo.
Added new player sounds for the Marine and Technician.
Added effects to pistols and shotguns for Firestorm mods.
Added new sprites for the High Power BFG9000, High Power Nuclear BFG9000, High Power Pistol and Railgun. Also fiddled with the BFG offsets and fixed the Nuclear BFG9000's firing frames.
Added new reload animations for the Plasma Shotgun, Storm Pistol, Jackhammer, Unknown Herald, Handcannon and Laser Rifle by Sgt. Shivers.
Removed armor and boot unequip items and moved them to keybinds.
Applied colored text to all messages for weapons, armors, boots and modpacks. This took a while.
Added Armor Mod Packs, which can alter an armor (i.e. Green/Security) to one of the other two variant colors. Works on all armors that are like that.
Completely redid the charge system of the Nuclear BFGs. They are now completely player input friendly, and some were improved as well.
Made modpacks fullbright so that you can always see them, even in pitch darkness.
Cerberus Armor takes less damage from most damage sources, so it lasts longer.
Increased Gothic punchy-punch speed, to be more punchy.
Removed the Standard Class to make way for Assault.
Removed the randomization of the Null Pointer's fields, and slowed down the Sniper modded field.
Added sounds for walking in a few of the high-tech boots.
Added sounds for picking up various armor types.
Added randomised dead bodies, some with items.
Added +THRUGHOST to almost all player weaponry, so they pass through intangible things, whatever they may be.
Megaspheres can now repair shields.
Increased the amount of subprojectiles the Plasma Refractor fires.
Altered the random spread pattern on projectile weapons slightly.
Altered a few sounds, like the Frag Shotgun, Quad Shotgun and BFG10K firing sounds.
Changed the Combat Shotgun's idle frame to use the improved sprites provided by Minigunnner.
Changed weapon pickups to show their name if they cannot be picked up no matter what.
Changed the Missile Launcher's reload mechanism to emulate the Combat Shotgun's.
Fixed Elephant Gun's reload having a misnamed frame.
Fixed Storm Combat Pistol's magazine size.
Fixed Environmental Boots name.
Fixed Plasmatic Combat Shotgun and Plasmatic Double Shotgun reloads to match their normal variants.
Fixed all Plasma Rifles and the Assault and Burst Miniguns not being Bright when shooting.
Fixed Nuclear weapons for some reason being able to have Technical mods.
Fixed the Onyx-Modded Bullet-Proof Vest dropping infinite Ballistic Vests from your inventory.
Fixed an issue with the Technician and dropping a few of the new exotics and assemblies.
Fixed scavenging Nuclear weapons not removing the set bonus.
Fixed the Frag Shotgun checking for shells when attempting to reload, rather than Clips
Fixed the Firestorm mod turning the Jackhammer into an infinite ammo deathmachine for the Marine.
Nerfed Demolition Ammo's AOE damage.
- Changed the appearance of the three main classes. Each has their own unique look, as well as their own mugshot for the HUD. Thanks to SoloSpaghetti for the Scout and Technician's new look.
Added the missing secret assemblies. There's a lot of them. Look for computer maps to find the recipes!
Vastly improved the Jackhammer. Two of it's secret modes were changed to be more useful and interesting as well.
Improved nano ammo regeneration. Pressing the fire button while waiting to regen with no ammo will not interrupt it.
Applied zrrion the insect's muzzleflash tutorial to many weapons, making their muzzleflashes all fancy. Not all are done yet.
Plasmatic Shrapnel weapons have different sounds now.
Added in reloading frames to the Assault Shotgun.
Single shot shotguns and rocket launchers now fire differently. Tap the fire button to shoot without reloading, hold fire to shoot and reload automatically.
Removed the icon next to the magazine counter. I might replace it with something else later.
A tracking map will print out an assembly available to your current weapon.
Modpacks are now counted as big powerups, for the sake of respawning.
Added tags to all inventory items.
Fixed single firestorm mods not working correctly on the Laser Rifle.
Added 6 new unique weapons.
Added 2 new legendary weapons. If you find one of these, you've been blessed by the RNG deities.
Added Napalm Launcher and Blaster, the last two exotics left to include from DoomRL.
Added Uzi and Battle Rifle as new exotics.
Metric bitchton of bugfixes. LOOK AT THAT NO-ERROR LOADING SCREEN
- Armors, armors, everywhere. Different ones are good for different things. Learn and enjoy! To remove an armor, you have a Remove Armor item alongside your modpacks. Bear in mind this will destroy any non-indestructible armor, due to hardcoded limitations.
Added the final missing exotic modpack. If you have ever played (or observed with your eye-face) DoomRL, you know which one this is, and what it's used for. I'll give you a hint, starts with O, ends with nyx.
Picking up a computer map will print out a random assembly combination for you to learn and use.
Made sure weapon clips didn't go crazy on I'm Too Young To Die and Nightmare! difficulties.
Supply crates are no longer solid.
Changed all weaponry to deal the new damagetypes, so your new armors will resist them if you blow yourself up. You know you will.
Altered the Scavenger perk to be more accurate to the original DoomRL version.
Added some new secret assemblies. Sseeeeecret. You won't find them on the wiki, so collect computer maps to find out how to make them. Or just throw modpacks at stuff.
Item names are now color coded to indicate their rarity. White - Standard|Cyan - Assembled|Purple - Exotic|Green - Unique|Yellow - Legendary
Lowered the volume of the Plasma Shotgun and made the spread more random. Also, made it actually scavengable.
The keybinds menu now lists Weapon Zoom as Drop Item, to help keep people from being confused.
Fixed the Missile launcher getting increased impact damage on it's missiles from bulk mods in addition to increasing magazine size.
Fixed a bunch of other stuff. I don't remember. Shut up.
Added Tristar Blaster
Added Combat Translocator
- Doubled the number of unique weapons in the game. No, I'm not telling you what they are. Thanks to torridGristle and Sgt. Shivers for several of them.
Added the UAC Supply Crate, which contains random items. Opening one as a Technician gives you a higher chance at rare items, because science.
Stopped demons hearing your thoughts whenever you pressed altfire on guns.
Fixed all weapon pickups suddenly deciding to make the wrong noise for no reason. This should also fix the pickup sounds for GZDoom.
Unique weapons no longer respawn. (I couldn't fix this back when I wanted to, because +INVENTORY.NEVERRESPAWN wasn't a thing yet.)
Scout now does 5x damage with hitscan pistols.
Technician can now carry 8 modpacks at once.
Discovered Ammochain was demented and give you a free bullet the first time you fired it. I have no idea what I was thinking when I made it in this bizarre fashion. It's horrible.
Made the nano regeneration of ammo less painful for me to work around in the future. I have no idea why I even did it like that in the first place.
Revamped the test map for better placement of weapons, and also placed something there that will make you think twice about trespassing.
Removed Painis Cupcake.
- Added Plasma Shotgun.
Added a Mysterious Noise.
Added a voice in Doomguys head to keep him from doing crazy things.
Marine and Scout have seperate animations for punching.
Pistol and Combat Pistol are more accurate.
Combat Shotgun now reloads by holding the reload key down, like Project MSX's
Decreased unique weapon spawn rate.
Fixed High Power Pistol firing sprites.
Fixed Jackhammer with Sniper mod using too much ammo with Ammochain.
Initial Beta Release
- Hope this goes well...
- -= KNOWN ISSUES =-
When you drop a weapon, it loses every modpack that has been placed on it. It is technically possible for me to fix this. Technically. But I would die, both physically and mentally, so that will not be happening, sorry.
- -= CREDITS =-
SoloSpaghetti is pretty much almost entirely responsible for you getting to play with such awesome armors and boots. I'd never have gotten such a cool update out if it weren't for him! Thank you so much!
A big thanks to Blox too, for fixing up a few armors and making the amazing Necroarmor and GCB sprites!
Some things might be missing, but I'm unable to fill this in any more accurately without help.
- Edited Plasmatic Shotgun muzzleflash.
- Adding the nuclear symbol from Hacx onto the Nuclear weapons.
- High Power BFG9000 sprite.
- The special anti-console spam code used by all weapons, armors, boots and modpacks in the game now.
- High Power Chaingun sprites.
- Quad Shotgun sprites.
- Fixing up the Nanofiber Skin Armor.
Creating the Necroarmor.
- Chaingun pickup sprite.
- New Pistol firing sound.
- Starflash muzzle flash.
Jackhammer edit, Uzi edit.
Commando armor sprites.
- Uzi edit, Marine punching frames edit.
- Handcannon sprites.
- Base sprite for the Nuclear BFG9000.
- Minigun sprites.
- DE explosions, BFG10K, VBFG9000, Biggest Fucking Gun, Gatling Gun and Bulletstorm Chaingun sprites.
Part of the Particle Beam Cannon.
- Super Shotgun sounds. Bits of the High Power Nuclear BFG9000.
- Base sprites for mod packs.
Hurricane Cannon and Judge of the Dead sprites.
- High Power BFG9000 sprite.
- Sounds from his Black Sun sound resource.
- Jackhammer base sprites.
Elephant Gun, Combat Pistol, Double Shotgun, Assault Shotgun, Tactical Shotgun, High Power Pistol and Combat Shotgun sprites.
- Massive amounts of playtesting and bughunting.
- Armor and Boots removal keybinds.
- Storm Pistol, Ripper, Uzi, Battle Rifle, Revenant's Launcher.
- Redone Combat Shotgun ready sprite frames.
- Super Shotgun and Heavy Double Shotgun sprites.
- Super Shotgun sprites.
Mini-missile Pistol reload frame edit.
- Railgun sprites.
- Smooth vanilla weapon sprites.
- Drunk missile code.
- Pistol pickup sprite.
- Dead scientist sprites.
- The fancy-pants title image used in this thread now.
- Part of the Particle Beam Cannon.
- Lightweaver, Quantum Tantrum Cannon, Grammaton Cleric Beretta, Anti-Freak Jackal and Trigun sprites.
Armor Mod Pack sprites.
Reloading sprites for the Assault Shotgun, Storm Pistol, Handcannon, Plasma Shotgun, Laser Rifle, Jackhammer, Railgun and Unknown Herald.
- Plasma Shotgun sprites.
- All the armors and boots except for the standard Doom armors, the red armor, and the Necroarmor.
Scout, Technician and Renegade sprites and mugshots.
Marine, Scout, Technician and Renegade class select sprites.
Base punching frames for Marine.
Pickups for the Plasma Rifle Mk.II, Charch's Null Pointer, Napalm Launcher and another weapon I haven't decided on naming yet.
- Fist sprites and base code.
- BFG10K Sounds.
- Recoloring the Unknown Herald.
Plasma Rifle Mk.II projectile sprites.
Parts of the Super Shotgun and Battle Rifle sprites.
- Frag Shotgun, Focused Double Shotgun and Gothic Arms melee punch sprites.
- Quad shotgun sprites.
- Fist base code.
- For making ww-magop, whose weapon system inspired this mod entirely.
The Patriot machinegun equip sound used for master assemblies.
- Double Chainsaw sprites
- 99% of the code. Modpacks and Supply Crate sprite edits.
- Rehanding of JoeyTD's Double Shotgun and Combat Shotgun.
Double Shotgun and Napalm Launcher sprites.
- Charch's Null Pointer, Heavy Shotgun, Blaster, Tristar Blaster, Pistol, Plasma Refractor, Mother-In-Law, High Power Nuclear BFG9000, Particle Beam Cannon and Plasma Rifle Mk.II sprites.
Chaingun muzzle flash sprites.
Assistance with revamped muzzleflashes for many weapons.
- Sprites and sounds for the Neural Stunner.
And some companies for making a lot of stuff in the first place.
DoomRL Monster Pack
You need a dev build of ZDoom to run this. Get the latest version here.
- -= DESCRIPTION =-
Most custom enemies are done, and will appear ingame to make you suffer. The ones that have not yet been completed obviously do not spawn.
The extra difficulties currently do not work as intended, due to the enemies that need to spawn not actually existing. You can play it, but the missing enemies will be replaced by the normal variants, rather than the correct version for the difficulty. They're still fun to play, though.
And of course, finishing the game will give you my custom CastCall, which will show all the enemies currently ingame.
There are quite a few placeholder sprites in the wad currently. The Nightmare Knight, Nightmare Baron, Former Captain with Plasma Rifle, Elite Former Captain with Tristar Blaster, and Elite Former Humans with the Combat Pistol and Handcannon are all placeholder sprites, and will be changed.
Also, when more complete there will be two versions of this pack. This current one is not vanilla-compatible. Later, I'll make a version that has enemies dropping standard Doom weapons, so it can be used alongside other weaponpacks...
- -= CHANGELOG =-
- Added some stuff to get DoomRPG's summoned monsters working correctly.
- Added editor numbers to all the Nightmare and Cyber enemies.
Increased Nightmare Arachnotron's fire rate.
Fixed Nightmare Elementals explosion not having it's damagetype applied properly.
- Gave the Spider Overmind an extra attack, and improved it's AI. HAVE FUN.
Altered the Nightmare Cyberdemon's particle beam cannon to help it aim at longer ranges.
Increased the range you can hear boss footsteps.
- Fixed Hellmines, Cyberdemons and Nightmare Cyberdemons ignoring damagetypes with their AOE attacks.
Added tags to all enemies.
Reduced boss drop rates.
- Fixed the Battle Rifle Commando dropping the wrong item, which caused the horrifying infinite weapon bug I found before. Thank god someone found that.
- Fixed Nightmare Spectres crashing the game.
Changed Nightmare and Technophobia to use my modified monsters where ones are missing, instead of vanilla ones.
- Added in all the missing Nightmare enemies except the Nightmare Mastermind.
Also added the Spider Overmind, in all it's missiley glory.
Fixed Hellmines not doing Fire damage.
Improved Cyberdemon and Mastermind AI adaptability greatly.
Improved the Nightmare Spectre's tactics.
Added in the proper sprites for the Nightmare Demon.
Looots of stuff, go check it out!
- Fixed up some annoying bugs, like the arguing Cyberdemons and looping miniguns, nothing fancy.
- A basic release for people to give feedback on the behaviours of the monsters already made.
- -= CREDITS =-
- Nightmare Mancubus base.
- CastCall music.
- Techno-Lord sprites.
- Recolored firing frames of the Arachnotron.
- Pain sounds for many normal monsters.
- Elite Former Sergeant [Plasma Shotgun] base, Nightmare Arachnotron base.
Nightmare Spectre sprites.
- Mech-Demon base code.
- Female zombie variants.
- Volacbus sprites and code.
- Former Human [Battle Rifle] variant 1 head.
- Nightmare Imp edit.
Resurrection fire sprites.
- Nightmare Imp base, Nightmare Elemental base, Nightmare Baron base, Nightmare Revenant base, Nightmare Mastermind base.
Cybruiser sprites, Nightmare Archvile sprites.
- Nightmare Demon base.
- Elite Former Sergeant [Plasma Shotgun] base.
- Nightmare Demon base.
Back part of the Nightmare Revenant.
- Elite Former Captain [Tristar Blaster] base.
Former Commando [Battle Rifle] sprites.
Part of the Elite Commando [Minigun].
- Agony Elemental base.
- Cyber-Imp arm sprites.
- Nightmare Baron sprites, Former Human [Battle Rifle] variant 1 sprites, Elite Commando [Minigun] sprites.
- Nashgore crushed sprites.
- Nightmare Soul sprites.
Mech-Demon base, Elite Former Captain [Tristar Blaster] base.
- Elite Former Human [Battle Rifle] sprites.
- Agony Elemental sprites.
- Fixed vanilla sprite offsets.
Fixed vanilla sprite errors.
- Elite Former Sergeant [Plasma Shotgun] sprites, Elite Former Sergeant [Assault Shotgun] sprites, Elite Former Scout [Uzi] sprites, Spider Overmind sprites, Hellmine sprites, Nightmare Arachnotron sprites, Nightmare Revenant sprites.
- Cyberdemon stomping sprites.
- Nightmare Cacodemon base sprites.
Part of the Elite Commando [Minigun].
- Nightmare Arachnotron base, Nightmare Knight base.
Elite Former Human [Battle Rifle] sprites, Nightmare Hell Knight sprites.
- Mech-Demon base.
- Cyber-Imp sprites.
- Elite Former Sergeant [Double Shotgun] sprites
- 80% of the code. Offsets to custom monsters.
Quite a bit of recoloring, 'cause that's all I can do, heh.
- BOSSBAC3 tech texture.