"Feel Boss" Guns (Now available to DL)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Bane

"Feel Boss" Guns (Now available to DL)

Post by Bane »

Spoiler:
Due to popular demand and with much thanks to the prestigious SeargentMarkIV, both versions of the feel boss mod are now available for download.

Here are all the videos I've made showcasing the weapons (plus DL links in the descriptions) -

MK1 Weapon set DL link in description - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0I4oEMr41Q

The God Hands MK1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1e-XoItePT8

The Feel Boss redux (aka MK2 weapon set) With DL link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whcFO8aqctg

The MK2 God hands (aka Boss mitts) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_0ifBaUI98

Hope you guys like them.

Also here is a link to the Brutal doom mod (for those of you who have been living under a rock, in a cave, on mars, with your eyes closed and your fingers in your ears) If you haven't played it already, you should do so before you try the Feel Boss weapons. - http://www.moddb.com/mods/brutal-doom/i ... 2#imagebox
Last edited by Bane on Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:58 am, edited 10 times in total.
Xaser

Re: "Feel Boss" Guns v0.1

Post by Xaser »

Screenshots would be a good idea. It'll give people more incentive to download the mod if they know what they're getting.
Bane

Post by Bane »

Xaser wrote:Screenshots would be a good idea. It'll give people more incentive to download the mod if they know what they're getting.
Here's a few.

Last edited by Bane on Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Credits listing? Maybe a mirror on a site that doesn't suck?
Bane

Post by Bane »

wildweasel wrote:Credits listing? Maybe a mirror on a site that doesn't suck?
Credits go to Seargent mark IV, the Doom demon eclipse guys and anyone else whose sprites I've burgled. I'll get back to you on the site, file is to large for the site linked.
amv2k9

Post by amv2k9 »

Bane wrote:I'll get back to you on the site, file is to large for the site linked.
It's bigger than three hundred megabytes? Never mind, you aren't a member of DRDTeam, right? If you try to upload without signing in, it'll give you a "file too large" error, regardless of how big the file is.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Bane wrote:and anyone else whose sprites I've burgled.
Which is kind of what I need to know.
I'll get back to you on the site, file is to large for the site linked.
Register a free account, then the size is effectively unlimited.
Bane

Post by Bane »

wildweasel wrote:Which is kind of what I need to know.
To many to remember, I think the best way to solve the problem is to just say the doom community, but if anyone wants to be put in the credits I'll be more than happy to make some for them.
Last edited by Bane on Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
amv2k9

Post by amv2k9 »

Er, didn't Sarge say he didn't want people using resources from BD until it went beta (or something like that)? Disregard if his position's changed.
Bane wrote:
wildweasel wrote:Which is kind of what I need to know.
To many to remember, I think the best way to solve the problem is to just say the doom community, but if anyone wants to be put in the credits I'll be more than happy to make some for them.
I think they'd appreciate that very much, considering the fact that a lot of time and effort went in to those resources. When you're starting a project, and you know you're going to be using stuff from elsewhere, compiling credits should be something you do early on.
Bane

Post by Bane »

amv2k9 wrote:Er, didn't Sarge say he didn't want people using resources from BD until it went beta? Disregard if his position's changed.
Erm, not sure, he sent me a PM saying I could make it, isn't V0.16b the beta?
Last edited by Bane on Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bane

Post by Bane »

amv2k9 wrote:I think they'd appreciate that very much, considering the fact that a lot of time and effort went in to those resources. When you're starting a project, and you know you're going to be using stuff from elsewhere, compiling credits should be something you do early on.
Well I should be able to pull together some names, I'll have a look around my sprite folders and put together a credits list, and I'll keep it in mind for future reference.
Last edited by Bane on Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bane

Post by Bane »

Figured out I needed to upload it as a zip instead of RAR, thatnks for the link btw Weasel.

Any feedback would be appreciated, added the skulltag grenade launcher grenade as a second function to the rocket launcher, and skulltag bfg10k fire to the BFG as a secondary fire. still have to add a few reload sprites, and the chainsaw is just slapped together at the moment, i'll remake it when i figure out how to make a decent short range flame thrower
Last edited by Bane on Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Alright, well, I had a look at it just to confirm where you got your gauntlet/sword graphics, and it turns out you didn't use my Firebrand (without letting me know first), so I'm satisfied there.
Bane

Post by Bane »

wildweasel wrote:Alright, well, I had a look at it just to confirm where you got your gauntlet/sword graphics, and it turns out you didn't use my Firebrand (without letting me know first), so I'm satisfied there.
Phew!.. did you like the weapons?
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

I didn't really give it much of a try beyond that, I'll probably make some time later this week to actually test it.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”