New features (last update 8.8.2005)

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Grubber

New features (last update 8.8.2005)

Post by Grubber »

You can download modified exe+source code and test wad here

Please note that this build is unofficial and unsupported, so don't post any bugs of this version to bugs forum! (or at least mark them 96x)

See 96x-changes.txt for changes done.

See test dir for example wads showing some of the new features.
Last edited by Grubber on Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:43 am, edited 49 times in total.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

The link wrote: This page is missing.
To open a free hosting account (100 MB space, MySQL, PHP, Perl, FrontPage) click here

Anyway, would you mind posting the source for your changes so they can be incorporated into ZDoom itself?
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Link isn't working for me either.

Do any of these unofficial builds include fixes for additional stuff - such as the status bar face bug or are these kind of things being left for Randy's official version (which would obviously make sense)?

It's just that I'd like to mess around with a 2.0.96 that was closer to working than the current official one.

Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

No. That code only exists in Randy's project.
Grubber

Post by Grubber »

Sorry everybody, the server is kinda stupid or what :? (or me maybe :)). Now it works.

@Graf: I'm not that stupid to forget to upload source ;).
Last edited by Grubber on Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Risen

Post by Risen »

Could this be used to draw hudmessages on regular textures as well as camera textures? A static computer monitor that displays information but doesn't display an area of the map would be useful. (Sure, it could be done with a camera pointed at a wall, but I'd imagine the extra drawing would take more resources.)
Grubber

Post by Grubber »

No, hudmessages are supposed to be drawn on canvas, not on texture (camera texture displays canvas). You can do this by drawing hudmessage with texture that covers whole canvas.
Risen

Post by Risen »

If you do that, do you still get the performance hit of it monitoring a camera somewhere?
Grubber

Post by Grubber »

Yes (:()
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

Looks interesting. I have one question though:

Since HUD messages are bound to players how does this affect messages on camera textures in multiplayer games? I think most of the time there won't be an issue but I don't think these messages are synchronised across the network.
Anakin S.

Post by Anakin S. »

Thanks, Grubber!

EDIT: I tried downloading it but the file seems to be corrupted.

EDIT 2: Tried again with Internet Explorer and it seems to have worked.

I have a few comments:

Grubber:
1. The weapons move up really high on the screen whenever you fire. Did you include the weapon offset fix?

2. I think you forgot to include the A_TakeInventory fix.

Graf:
3. When I use the new aiming mode for A_CustomMissile to have projectiles that shoot secondary projectiles out in a circle like the strife mauler, the missiles seem to get spawned off center, which I only notice when shooting at a wall or obstacle. When I shoot at a wall, all of the secondary projectiles are spawned inside the wall and explode instantly. Is this normal? I would think that if you shoot at the wall, you'd see half of the secondary projectiles fly back at you while the other half explode instantly in the wall.
Last edited by Anakin S. on Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sir_Alien

Post by Sir_Alien »

Graf Zahl wrote:Since HUD messages are bound to players how does this affect messages on camera textures in multiplayer games?
I'm interested about this too. If this is implemented in the official build, it may really change the state of ZDoomforums.wad and it's coop/deathmatch potential right now.

Oh, and Grubber == :rock:
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

Anakin S. wrote:Thanks, Grubber!

Graf:
3. When I use the new aiming mode for A_CustomMissile to have projectiles that shoot secondary projectiles out in a circle like the strife mauler, the missiles seem to get spawned off center, which I only notice when shooting at a wall or obstacle. When I shoot at a wall, all of the secondary projectiles are spawned inside the wall and explode instantly. Is this normal? I would think that if you shoot at the wall, you'd see half of the secondary projectiles fly back at you while the other half explode instantly in the wall.

The secondary projectiles are spawned at the position where the primary projectile exploded. But if the secondary projectile is larger or the primary one went rather far into the wall before exploding all of them will be in the wall when they spawn and explode immediately. Make sure that the secondary projectile is smaller than the primary one and don't let the primary projectile move too fast and it should work.
Anakin S.

Post by Anakin S. »

Thanks. It works most of the time now. Sometimes it still doesn't launch anything when it hits walls.

By the way, how do you set disintegrating damage or poison damage for an actor? I couldn't find it anywhere.
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

You can't set poison damage. Although I submitted a patch once it got lost. Disintegration damage is set by

'DamageType Disintegrate'

Return to “Closed Feature Suggestions [GZDoom]”