[Fixed] VERY annoying texture bug

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please don't bump threads here if you have a problem - it will often be forgotten about if you do. Instead, make a new thread here.
Nanami

VERY annoying texture bug

Post by Nanami »

I just released a wad to /newstuff yesterday, and today I just found out about this bug. I slapped myself in the face when I saw it because it's ALL OVER my map.

Normally when you put AASHITTY in a map (or AASTINKY for Doom1) it displays HOM. But not having a texture somewhere can give good effects. Personally, I put AASHITTY anywhere I need an effect like this so DeePsea doesn't bitch at me for a missing texture.

Here's some shots I got of a room or two, but I'm already afraid whoever reviews is going to have 48 and wonder why the level looks ridiculous.

bimshwel

Post by bimshwel »

However, it does give you a good opportunity to show off your level, even if there are inconsiderate bleeding skulls all over the place.
Nanami

Post by Nanami »

[10:12:08] <SargeBaldy> that's embarassing :P
[10:12:17] <Nanami> That sucks so much ass.
[10:12:38] <Nanami> "Install 48 to play Cyb's map! Now install 47 to play Nami's map!"
[10:13:05] <Nanami> I hope he fixes this tonight.
[10:15:48] <Mancubus_II> wow
[10:16:22] <Nanami> Now it doesn't matter what my map looks like. Everyone's going to install 48 to play Cyb's map and see mine requires something less than 48 and skip it.
[10:16:45] <Mancubus_II> :(
[10:17:05] <Mancubus_II> are there other options to using that texture?
[10:17:17] <Mancubus_II> what sort of effect does it give using it and not having it displayed?
[10:17:24] <Nanami> Putting no texture, but then DeePsea bitches for not having a texture there.
[10:17:39] <Mancubus_II> oh
[10:21:21] <Nanami> Anyway it's too late now, I already uploaded the map.

Sorry if I sound irritable, I've just been working on this for months and the day after I upload it I find a big bug that destroys my map, and I know nobody's even going to give the level a glance now...
bimshwel

Post by bimshwel »

Ahhh, but they must glance at it to see what's wrong with it.
randi
Site Admin

Post by randi »

Sorry, Cyb emailed me about this a while ago, and I forgot all about it. I'll get it fixed, but right now it looks like you'll probably have to wait until Saturday night for 2.0.49.
Nanami

Post by Nanami »

Hooray for Randy.
Cyb

Post by Cyb »

isn't your map for doom2.exe anyways? surely people can use prboom or something in the meantime?

Return to “Closed Bugs [GZDoom]”