We wanted to post another status update for Doom Returns - Episode 3. We expect to release this final episode in Q4 of 2023. This will mark the full release version of Doom Returns and will contain updates that affect episodes 1 and 2 also, such as:
- New item: Torch (replaces the invisibility powerup)
- New item: Quad Damage (replaces the Berserk powerup)
- Various polishing, bug fixes, and improvements
As with episodes 1 and 2, episode 3 will contain 10 regular maps and 2 secret maps.
You can view a preview video of the first 5 maps of episode 3 here: https://www.itsdandytime.com/doom-retur ... -3-preview
It's about 7 and a half minutes long. If you have trouble viewing our site, here's a direct link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4MHzazYlBA
Below is a list of the progress of all the maps in episode 3 (% complete):
- Map 21: Launch Base (100% complete)
- Map 22: Space (100% complete)
- Map 23: Phobos (100% complete)
- Map 24: Deimos (100% complete)
- Map 25: Red Planet (100% complete)
- Map 26: Gates of Hell (75% complete)
- Map 27: Oblivion (10% complete)
- Map 28: Mancubus Pit (90% complete)
- Map 29: Cyber Run (90% complete)
- Map 30: Birthplace of Sin (50% complete)
- Map 35 (Secret Level): TBA (100% complete)
- Map 36 (Super Secret Level): TBA (100% complete)
We will release a "Part 2" preview video of maps 26-30 closer to release. We will also be reaching out to the forums soon to look for volunteers to help test the final version, which will require GZDoom 4.10.0 (or later).
Learn more about Doom Returns at https://www.itsdandytime.com.
The DANDY Company