I decided to dabble with zscript huds late last year to create a minimalistic hud for a mapping project I am working on. I was inspired by WildWeasels Doom64 hud to create two huds based on his design.
- Two huds. One overriding the regular status bar and the other overriding the fullscreen status bar.
- Heretic/Hexen style animated powerup display with timers.
- Air Supply display and Heretic/Hexen style inventory support. Not useful in vanilla Doom, but it's there.
- Health, Armor and Ammo counter support up to 4 digits. Not useful in vanilla Doom, but it's there.
- Animated god mode and gib death mugshots.
- Supports vanilla Doom out of the box, but some minimal editing could make it work with almost any mod.
- Item nametags will interfere with the status bar-like hud. If anyone has a solution that could shift their display upwards, I would be interested.
- Whoever created the original huds in gzdoom.pk3. Used as a base.
- WildWeasel, for the original idea.
- Blue Shadow, for help with key display.
Spoiler:Anyone is free to use and modify as they see fit.