How can I patch a brightmap in filter folders?

Ask about editing graphics, sounds, models, music, etc here!
Shaders (GLSL) and SNDINFO questions also go here!

Moderators: GZDoom Developers, Raze Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.
Ani
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

How can I patch a brightmap in filter folders?

Post by Ani »

So I know how to imply brightmaps on custom textures but I'm struggling on how to apply brightmaps on patches and texture folders in the filter folders. For example in map 01 in Master Levels for Doom 2.
Or in Map 27 in TNT. I checked in slade to see if both were the same size and they were. Just like the original disaster texture.
None of the brightmaps here are aligning with the textures. Is there a way to patch this? Do you make a brightmaps folder in the filter folder? So much to wrap my head around. In other maps, Despite having brightmaps set in the auto folder in the Brightmaps files, They don't seem to wanna work. I got the names of each texture down but I'm still not getting what I want. Can someone help me out here? I'll share a download in private DMs if anyone can help. I tried asking in Doomworld and I currently got no answer.
https://imgur.com/a/7FpfjX3
yum13241
Operating System Version (Optional): EndeavorOS (basically Arch)
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: How can I patch a brightmap in filter folders?

Post by yum13241 »

You need to use GLDEFS AFAIK.
Ani

Re: How can I patch a brightmap in filter folders?

Post by Ani »

yum13241 wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 4:50 am You need to use GLDEFS AFAIK.
I was thinking of sending my mod to someone to look at and see what exactly I'm missing cause for some reason, the brightmaps I'm trying to do for TNT isn't working how I want it to.

Return to “Assets (and other stuff)”