In-Folder INI file GZDoom?

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
Bob Beaky
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

In-Folder INI file GZDoom?

Post by Bob Beaky »

I have a few different installs of GZD with different setups (One for Doom, one for Heretic etc). I recently noticed that as of a couple of releases ago the user INI file is now stored in "My Documents". This is causing me conflicts as I run Heretic with different settings but now all versions of GZD share the same INI.

I read that if I created a INI file (without a username) in the GDZ exe folder the game would read it and be essentially in 'portable' mode. However, this doesn't work for me. The portable INI file is ignored and the game just creates a new file in "My Documents". I've been using the latest release (4.1.1.0 I think) and I've been trying out a DRD dev build this evening.

So, How does one run GZDoom in 'portable' mode?

I'm on a Windows 10x64 machine.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: In-Folder INI file GZDoom?

Post by wildweasel »

What is the filename of the INI file in your GZDoom folder? If I remember correctly, it needs to be gzdoom-portable.ini in order for it to work that way.
Professor Hastig
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Professor Hastig »

It needs to be 'gzdoom_portable.ini' ('_', not '-')
Bob Beaky
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Bob Beaky »

Thank you. I'll give that a try after work. :)

Return to “Technical Issues”