The 2023 Cacowards Mentionation Thread

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

The 2023 Cacowards Mentionation Thread

Post by Kinsie »

People like the Cacowards. As one of the judges, I'd like for the rest of the judging panel to get a better look at all the cool stuff posted on ZDF (and also, I'd like to make my own life easier come November!) So, let's imitate the annual Doomworld thread and get your perspective on things!

Here's the deal:
  • If you play something you find particularly fun, beautiful, clever, or mind blowing... mention it!
  • Post the name and author of a project and a link to its download.
  • This thread is merely a place to mention outstanding works of Doom. Keep conversations about projects to a minimum, please!
  • Winners are not chosen by the number of "likes" or the amount of times the project is "nominated" - Judges use the thread to find projects worth playing and decide winners based on personal preferences.
  • Please do not nominate your own project.
  • This thread is NOT necessarily limited to ZDoom-family projects or projects posted on the ZDoom forums, even if that's the focus. If you see something cool for EDGE, Eternity, DelphiDoom et al, or its posted on Doomworld, Itch, etc., feel free to post it!
  • Don't exclusively mention Big Crazy Huge projects! We're also interested in seeing cool, quirky and useful smaller things as part of the Mini-Mod Safari.
  • At the end of each year, there's a grace period to ensure that all releases get fair consideration. In other words, everything released or given a significant update from about mid-November 2022 onwards is up for consideration for the 2023 Cacowards.
Happy Dooming!
yum13241
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): EndeavorOS (basically Arch)
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: The 2023 Cacowards Mentionation Thread

Post by yum13241 »

Voxel Doom is pretty cool. Doom CE also very much deserves a Cacoward in my opinion.
Brohnesorge
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Win10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Brohnesorge »

hey just FYI the link to the DW thread still links to the 2022 Mentionation Thread
CherubCorps

Post by CherubCorps »

2023 is turning out to be a good year for mods. I don't know if Kinsie is still here, but these are some great mods that have come out in 2023.

-CyberAugumented by Bugsie: A weapon and enemy set for doom. The weapon set is solid, very Doom eteral-ish. It's the enemy pack that really shines. It takes all the Doom monsters, but gives them a darker, more sinister overtone (More Doom 3 than Eternal). Each enemy has several varieties who get stronger the further you progress into the mappack. It also has the option to be played with just the monsters only. https://literally-bugsie.itch.io/cyberaugumented

-Pvt Stone by Skelegant: A sequel to Lt. Typhon. The mod features another big, beefy army woman with big guns. Unlike Typhon, the mod has been more streamlined so that while there's less content, gameplay is even quicker. The mod is also more balanced than Typhon meaning that while you can still steamroll over enemies, you still can't be careless. Highly recommend. https://skelegant.itch.io/pvt-stone

-Rampancy V2.0 by Yholl with art by Cherno: While this mod was released a few years back, V2:0 is a huge update which adds alot of new robots to kill. One of the most unique enemy mods in the doom scene. ( viewtopic.php?f=43&t=67193 )

-They are a couple other big projects on the way so I'll post them once they come out. Keep modding everyone.

Return to “General”