Iteration 000: Halloween 2022 (Doom 2 Partial TC)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
HorseJockey
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Iteration 000: Halloween 2022 (Doom 2 Partial TC)

Post by HorseJockey »

Edit: Any and all feedback greatly appreciated for anyone who has played or finished this.

Hey all, long time lurker even registered for an account a while ago but never posted. I have been making levels and demo projects with the GZDoom engine for a long time but never released anything. Got to a point a little while ago where I felt like if I wasn't releasing the things I made that I was just screaming into the void. This is the second project that I have released, I originally posted it over at the Doomworld forums but wanted to get some opinions from here as well. I have learned a ton of stuff over the years from these forums and gotten endless amounts of entertainment, so I guess this is my way of giving back in some small way. So onto the level.

This was tested with GZDoom 4.8.2

Free look, jump and crouch are all recommended

This level uses brightmaps, dynamic lights and MD3 Models

All art assets and music have corresponding credits in the credits list

the axe (for those not familiar with it) has a secondary attack that allows you to charge it and it does more damage.

This is the second revision of the map, please let me know what you think. Positive or negative I learn from and appreciate all feedback.

Screenshots:

Playthrough (if you don't care about spoilers, it isn't a trailer):

And where you can download the pk3:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/oq1cdygj ... 2.zip/file
Valken

Re: Iteration 000: Halloween 2022 (Doom 2 Partial TC)

Post by Valken »

Very cool and very late to respond. Any chance for Christmas Slaying version?
HorseJockey

Post by HorseJockey »

I wasn't planning on a Christmas version, but that's not a bad idea. Maybe with Krampus as the end boss :).
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Right, i know i'm late for replying because of reasons... A lot of it. But i really want to say that you've done an excellent job making this TC. The map, the visuals, and the music are really great. It has amusing visuals like fogs and jagged houses that are plenty enough to make an impressive plus spooky atmosphere. I liked venturing through every single part of the map!

Got no complain, except the Axe. It's always hard to hit things with it and i take a great punishment for getting close with the enemies. Other than that, this TC is nice!!
HorseJockey

Post by HorseJockey »

Thanks J, appreciate it. When I originally made this I gave myself 7 days to finish it, with feature creep and some "slight" time mismanagement I didn't have as much time to put into the weapons as I would have liked. Since then I have gone back in and adjusted the enemies, added a ranged attack to the scythecrow and increased the hitbox and size of the pumpkins. I would like to go back in and adjust the shotgun and axe a bit, I think making the little pumpkins telegraph their attack would also be helpful to the player.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”