GBA Doom Green Blood--- Properly done.

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
kalensar
Operating System Version (Optional): linux mint 20

GBA Doom Green Blood--- Properly done.

Post by kalensar »

This is a tiny Wad mod I built for a friend since he was wanting it for a long time. Works on GZDoom, LZDoom and also tested and works on Crispy, Odamex and PrBoom+

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1n_KvyW ... share_link
gbadoom.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by kalensar on Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
wildweasel
Moderator Team Lead
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Win10 22H2, Win11 22H2, macOS 11.7
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: GBA Doom Green Blood--- Properly done.

Post by wildweasel »

Please consider uploading the mod to an external file host like Dropbox or Google Drive; the attachment system seems to have misbehaved here.
kalensar

Post by kalensar »

wildweasel wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:53 pm Please consider uploading the mod to an external file host like Dropbox or Google Drive; the attachment system seems to have misbehaved here.
Done. Most times I do, but thought this was small enough to be handled well.
MrRumbleRoses

Post by MrRumbleRoses »

now we just need the blood on the walls to be green
chutzcraft
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by chutzcraft »

Not bad :) I've played quite a bit of GBA Doom, and even patched the OG release with the ips that makes it an all-around decent portable port. Who would have thought green would look this good!
kalensar

Post by kalensar »

MrRumbleRoses wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:01 am now we just need the blood on the walls to be green
The current version I have uploaded should have the proper colored wall blood decal of green for every monster. The screenshot is outdated for the Pinkys now.

chutzcraft wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:22 am Not bad :) I've played quite a bit of GBA Doom, and even patched the OG release with the ips that makes it an all-around decent portable port. Who would have thought green would look this good!
Right? I've never really played the GBA vesion but my friend wanted this so I watched as much footage as I could find to replicate the needed look. Fortunately the mod process was super easy on the recoloring.
Xada

Post by Xada »

I actually really like this. The only GBA Doom I played was some port done for GZDoom a few years back. Was a strange experience, but I REALLY liked the green blood. Gave serious Turok vibes-- and that's always a good thing. :D
kalensar

Post by kalensar »

Xada wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:51 pm I actually really like this. The only GBA Doom I played was some port done for GZDoom a few years back. Was a strange experience, but I REALLY liked the green blood. Gave serious Turok vibes-- and that's always a good thing. :D
For myself, the story goes that I have a friend that mentioned it just right before I released this. The fun part was that he mentioned it about 6 months ago too, and looked around for him then too. Well since his plight wasn't solved in that span of time I took the time to look at the material, aka GBA Doom and replicated what the designers did, and fixed it for GZDoom as well. It also works for PrBoom+ as well.
kalensar

Post by kalensar »

This is a tiny Wad mod I built for a friend since he was wanting it for a long time. Works on GZDoom, LZDoom and also tested and works on Crispy, Odamex and PrBoom+

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1n_KvyW ... share_link

gbadoom.jpg

Return to “Gameplay Mods”