10 years ago, Unhinged was released to the world for all the happy people to enjoy, and for a long time a sequel was on my mind but never got around to it. At some point though, motivation and inspiration for it arose thanks to Silent Hill and my friend's game Dismantled, and thus began working on Unhinged 2 and got the demo released just in time for the original Unhinged's 10th birthday.
This was actually pretty fun and at times unnerving. The atmosphere was most spooky and anxiety ridden during the first half of the game, with the second half being more fast paced and gun slinging fun.
I loved your use of the save system and the puzzles were fun, though at times they could be kind of confusing on where to go next. I definitely recommend giving this a whirl as its unnerving and foreboding yet isn't down right terrifying either, I found myself at times being paranoid as to what would happen next which was a nice touch.
Yey, a new version is near! Which will include stuff like:
- A city that isn't completely barren
- GZDoom added alongside LZDoom
- More areas, more secrets, another weapon
- Many tweaks and bugfixes.
Really happy and motivated with the love this has gotten too, in addition that I was able to get something out for Halloween and I pretty much have the entire commercial game already planned out with all areas, bosses, and enemies. Going full steam ahead with this game, folks!
hi i'm alive, so here's a new version of the unhinged 22222 for your brains.
- ADDED: A GZDoom version is available alongside the LZDoom version.
- ADDED: The city is no longer completely barren.
- ADDED: New secret and an additional area in the factory.
- ADDED: A subtle hint on what to do with the pistol when you first get it
- ADDED: On hardest, monster damage from V.2 to V.3 has been reduced, but now save computers explode after saving, meaning you can only use them once each. :)
- CHANGED: Mr. Giant-head-carried-by-four-arms will not speed up on pain on easiest. There's gonna be a lot more behavior and ability changes for various monsters in the full version. Some things will only be present on hard, some will be absent on easiest.
- CHANGED: Boss hp depends on difficulty now
- CHANGED: The apartment actually has 4 floors instead of 3, wowie.
- FIXED: You could kill the boss before activating it.
- FIXED: Using the automap made the HUD disappear.
- FIXED: Several softlocks, many other bugs and oopsies.
Been a while, a few things have happened since the last post! First, yeah it's on Steam now! Link on first post.
And since then, we've gotten 300 wishlists, which is hella awesome. I did have plans on releasing this on Halloween, buuuuut I'm gonna give myself more time on this, and actually I want to release something else for this Halloween, something long awaited...