3D Model on First Person View Issue

Ask about editing graphics, sounds, models, music, etc here!
Shaders (GLSL) and SNDINFO questions also go here!

Moderators: GZDoom Developers, Raze Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.
IWANTOD1E

3D Model on First Person View Issue

Post by IWANTOD1E »

https://imgur.com/usoDnWk
https://imgur.com/HPD7pg0

(The upper one is a screenshot from Blender, and the other one is taken from GZDoom)
Currently, I'm trying to make a gun consisting of a 3d model. The blender's and the GZDoom's cameras are all set to 90 degrees. This means, theoretically, they are identical to each other. So, I quickly made an indicator that indicates the center and the border of the screen, and adjusted the model. Then, I converted the model to md3 and applied it to the GZDoom. However, as you can see, I made the indicator fit directly into the player's camera. But, the posture looks obviously different from what I expected. Are there any additional settings to make those cameras really 'same'? Sorry for the unorganized and worst English.
R4L
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: 3D Model on First Person View Issue

Post by R4L »

That's just how models work I believe. They always angle towards the center IIRC.
IWANTOD1E

Post by IWANTOD1E »

R4L wrote:
> That's just how models work I believe. They always angle towards the center
> IIRC.

Sorry but I don't understand. Does that mean every mesh that fills up a model angles toward the center when applied to the first person weapons?
R4L
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by R4L »

Yep. You can see it if you adjust the offset of the model to move towards the right. It will automatically angle towards the center.
Cherno

Post by Cherno »

What? Sounds absurd. Where would the "center" be? 32 units from the viewpoint? 128?
IWANTOD1E

Post by IWANTOD1E »

R4L wrote:
> Yep. You can see it if you adjust the offset of the model to move towards
> the right. It will automatically angle towards the center.

Now I see it. Thanks!
IWANTOD1E

Post by IWANTOD1E »

And, one more question. Just like Cherno's question, I want to know the exact position of the 'center'.

Return to “Assets (and other stuff)”