First Person weapon model is messed up in Hardware Renderers

Ask about editing graphics, sounds, models, music, etc here!
Shaders (GLSL) and SNDINFO questions also go here!

Moderators: GZDoom Developers, Raze Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.
Ford Focus

First Person weapon model is messed up in Hardware Renderers

Post by Ford Focus »

giwake wrote: ↑Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:30 pm
It might also be that the model is too small or too large, try scaling it up or down and see how that affects it.
I, Apparently Did Not Listen to these instructions correctly and thought that I was supposed to resize the model inside of blender instead of modeldef, and by simply multiplying the size and offset values by 16 my problem was fixed. Thank you So Much.
Spoiler: Original Post
Last edited by Ford Focus on Sat Oct 08, 2022 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alekksandar

Re: First Person weapon model is messed up in Hardware Rende

Post by alekksandar »

You have to triangulate your model in blender before you export it to .md3. I think that's causing the issue, but I may be wrong. Make backups.
EDIT: You do this by pressing CTRL+T in edit mode after selecting all faces, or pressing Face -> Triangulate Faces
Ford Focus

Post by Ford Focus »

alekksandar wrote:You have to triangulate your model in blender before you export it to .md3. I think that's causing the issue, but I may be wrong. Make backups.
EDIT: You do this by pressing CTRL+T in edit mode after selecting all faces, or pressing Face -> Triangulate Faces
giwake wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:30 pm It might also be that the model is too small or too large, try scaling it up or down and see how that affects it.
Thank you But these didn't work :(
Last edited by Ford Focus on Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
giwake

Post by giwake »

It might also be that the model is too small or too large, try scaling it up or down and see how that affects it.
Ford Focus

Re: First Person weapon model is messed up in Hardware Renderers

Post by Ford Focus »

I Was Looking around in noesis and I have learned that The Problem is With Back Face Culling Which isn't Being Affected By the DONTCULLBACKFACES Flage In ModelDef.

Return to “Assets (and other stuff)”