DoomLess: SNAFU Cut v1.0 - Lethal Tender

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
LossForWords

DoomLess: SNAFU Cut v1.0 - Lethal Tender

Post by LossForWords »

[imgur]https://i.imgur.com/EUH9d8d[/imgur]
Here's something i've been working on for a while.
It's a fork of Doomless Warzone, but enough stuff's been changed to the point where i'm confident enough to call it it's own thing.
So: changes.
-Enemies have been given distinct colours, so you can have an easier time telling them apart.
-Physical projectiles (Rockets, BFG balls, flamethrower fireballs) now use custom damagetypes.
-Enemies can enter wounded/last stand states.
-Weapons that deal melee damage can knock out enemies.
-Non-mechanical enemies have a variety of custom death types. From fire, to poison, to chainsaws.
-Hitscan monsters (Except for Medic) have been fully replaced.
-Medic uses a 3-round hitscan attack telegraphed with a laser sight as his main attack, and has custom healing animations now.
-Made the Lost Souls less bullshit.
-Enhanced death animations for mechanical enemies. They can dramatically go kaboom now.
-New sprites for Flamethrower guy and BFG guy.
-BFG guy has also been... modified significantly. You'll see.
[imgur]https://i.imgur.com/SrLp2gZ[/imgur]
(weapon mod used: Atom Rain)
[imgur]https://i.imgur.com/DfakbC3[/imgur]
Known bugs:
-There's a handful of errors tied to a fix i made to make sure the Stasis Bow's attack actually stuns enemies. It's nothing to worry about.
Download Here.
Spaceman333

Re: DoomLess: SNAFU Cut v1.0 - Lethal Tender

Post by Spaceman333 »

Hey neat, iirc Doomless was that mod that replaced all demons with regular human UAC military enemies. The original mod had some jank (hitscan hell + collision boxes were not accurate), so this new release is exciting to me!

Definitely going to give this universal Monster Replacer mod a spin! Thank you for making and sharing it. :thumb:
Tsran908
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Tsran908 »

hi! sorry about ask this but can i use Sprite(like Flamethrower guy BFG guy) outside of this mod?
LossForWords

Post by LossForWords »

Tsran908 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:06 am hi! sorry about ask this but can i use Sprite(like Flamethrower guy BFG guy) outside of this mod?
Sure!
Tsran908
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Tsran908 »

LossForWords wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:26 am
Tsran908 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:06 am hi! sorry about ask this but can i use Sprite(like Flamethrower guy BFG guy) outside of this mod?
Sure!
that's nice to hear it Thanks for response!

Return to “Gameplay Mods”