THE ADVENTURES OF DELTA - POWER FANTASY SIMULATOR v2.0b

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
DELTAtheDboi005

THE ADVENTURES OF DELTA - POWER FANTASY SIMULATOR v2.0b

Post by DELTAtheDboi005 »

TAOD v2.0b is out!
This mod is NEARLY done... but it's STILL being actively worked on...

The hud used is a modified version of simple hud by darkshotx45 from doomworld I believe.

Requirements... Just in case.

Requires gzdoom 4.8.2 or higher

description:
[The mod is about a nearly 2 meter tall All white with blue eyes aussie anthro demigod in power armor, He may or may not have a history with highly advanced entities hailing from another dimension, And he may or may not be somewhat mentally unhinged, (Maybe just a tiny bit). ] <-- this bit is from way back when I first signed up to the forums, and all the other posts that date back to april prove this, when translated from "first day on the internet kid" language it translates to "A little bit of cringe"... If anyone wants any lore regarding this mod or the f**king 2 meter slab of fur and armor with huge guns, just type 1 in the replies and I'll see what I can do.

There are gameplay tweaks, for example, you are now much faster and jump a bit higher than normal, and your height has been increased to 64 map pixels meaning
you'll have to crouch under things to progress. I've also added some extra gameplay elements courtesy of the zmovement mod by ivory duke...
I have also added the bullet time x mod by xortts, which is a brilliant mod on it's own... There is also the damnums mod by xaser (I hope I got that right) so you can see just how much damage
you're dealing.

Weapons:
Ripper - Chainsaw.
Plinker - A pistol with an accurate primary fire and a secondary that is a 4 shot burst that does significant damage but uses 24 bullets uses less bullets now.
Stryker - A pump-action double barrel shotgun with two fire modes.
Eviscerator - An automatic belt-fed shotgun with ricochet rounds... Yes please.
Apocalypse-bringer - A 9 barreled energy shotgun that has a limited range
Cobra - A high power revolver.
Nitrominigun - A devastating hitscan weapon.
Revenant - No not the spooki boi, I'm talking about a high power explosive sniper rifle.
Shredder - Minigun go brrr.
AutoShotgun - Automatic shotgun, what's not to love
Hydra - an automatic railgun which appears to be a blatant ripoff of that other automatic railgun from that other mod
Buzzsaw - a devastating weapon that is a clear ripoff of that other buzzsaw from that other mod
Eraser - The bigger fucking gun... Stay well clear of it's blast radius
There is also another weapon... But I don't want to spoil anything... (HINT: .-. . -. --- .. - ..- -.-. . -..- . / . ...- .. --. / -..-. / .-. . -. --- .. - ..- -.-. . -..- . / -. --- -- -- ..- ...)
There is also another, better weapon. Just type "Give rifle" In the console

Things I'm currently working on...
Custom mugshot graphics now in the mod... You won't be disappointed.
Voxel stuff?... Might not be for a while or may not be in the mod at all as I've just picked it up...
Custom voice lines
Custom enemy replacements

What's new...

Added startup graphics
Replaced placeholder exit text for doom 1 and 2
Replaced placeholder text for plutonia and evilution
Added custom options for the mod
Added a dedicated piss function... Yes... You can now piss on your enemies, no the piss can't cause damage, that would CATASTROPHICALLY break the mod in terms of balance and render all weapons completely useless
Added a dedicated kick and grenade button
Added a modified dash mechanic, ledge-grabbing mechanic and modified double-jump script that has been changed into a quad-jump. Thanks @H3LLW4LK3R (or HELLW4LK3R, idk)
AND A TAD BIT MORE!!!

Changed interpic, titlepic, and bossback graphics

Planned features:
Voxel pickup models... No I'm not kidding, I've just gotten into working with voxels... And I'm when I'm done with such things, I'll probably add a cvar where you can change between sprites and voxels but it might not be for a while yet so don't get your hopes up... And don't ask me about it either, just assume I already said "when it's done!" :)
compatibility with other games such as heretic, hexen, strife, chex quest, harmony, and maybe the adventures of square if you're lucky...
High-resolution sprites.

download for the mod...

There is a credits and dedications text file in the mod, so you shouldn't have to worry.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/7f8pth5r ... b.pk3/file

Bonus stuff:
This mod will also be available on doomworld when it's done.
The credits lump contains credits meant for the assets used in the standalone IWAD that I'll make when the mod is finished.
Also added a side-plot which implies that delta knows a particular red gun-toting dragon (Don't worry, it's not canon... Just pretend that the dragon is from a different timeline and thus, an alternate version of that dragon from a different timeline.)

Oh... and one more thing: This mod does use stuff from other mods during this stage of development... Don't worry as I will patch those out when the next update comes around. But hey, at least it ain't that asset flip called grezzo 2... While true, some stuff has been patched out (namely motion blur), but others had to stay such as the bullet time x mod by xortts, which is REALLY useful for the "divine hatred" difficulty (The exact difficulty of divine hatred is exactly what it says on the tin) and the zmovement mod by ivory duke, which pairs suspiciously well with the mod, or tilt++ mod (At least I think that's what it's called) by nash, for... idk, to add to the gameplay I guess?.

Some feedback would be appreciated... Please...

I will post screenshots or gifs whenever I have the chance so be patient.

One more thing: If you want to support this project, maybe stick around to see development, or even better: make youtube videos of yourself playing the mod with the likes of slaughterfest 2012 or vanguard. LET'S SEE IF WE CAN GET THIS MOD INTO A DOOM MOD MADNESS EPISODE!!! <----- This all-caps bit in my opinion would DEFINITELY support the project (and improve my mental state lmao), that and you also can suggest what enemy types to include in the mod whether it be human, furry, demon, robot, alien, strogg, extra-dimensional religious furry cyborgs, etc. Or even what weapons to include as well (however just because you suggest it doesn't mean I'll be able to include it... Unless it's an extremely popular demand which I could do)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by DELTAtheDboi005 on Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:11 pm, edited 30 times in total.
DELTAtheDboi005

Still going...

Still chipping away at the exit text for plutonia and evilution, expect them to be entirely replaced at some point next month. (probably...)
Last edited by DELTAtheDboi005 on Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
DELTAtheDboi005

Re: THE ADVENTURES OF DELTA

Ahhh... That time when I barely knew how to post stuff... :) |
_________________________________________________________|

"Here are some screenshots that prove I'm still working on the project."

EDIT: Re-uploaded and name blacked out, I'm such an idiot.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by DELTAtheDboi005 on Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:03 am, edited 6 times in total.
DELTAtheDboi005

And yes, I am using microsoft powerpoint. 8-)
Last edited by DELTAtheDboi005 on Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DELTAtheDboi005

Version 0.0a is replaced with 0.2a

Oh, and I'll be taking wildweasel's advice from now on and EDIT my posts, rather than make new posts one after another, that way the thread can have a bit more breathing room.
Last edited by DELTAtheDboi005 on Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:59 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Linz

Re: THE ADVETURES OF DELTA

Post by Linz »

You mind telling us what this mod is about, you weren't very descriptive
JohnnyTheWolf

Re: THE ADVETURES OF DELTA

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Also, there is a typo in the thread's topic: "ADVETURES"
DELTAtheDboi005

Description moved to main post.
Last edited by DELTAtheDboi005 on Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
DELTAtheDboi005

And i didn't realize there was a typo, So thanks for pointing that out :)
DELTAtheDboi005

Oh, and by the way, It's an independent project I'm working on, So it's going to take a while before it gets better.

I feel incredibly stupid for uploading 0.0a, Not checking my spelling in the topic's name and not giving a description, I care about this project, Really, I do and I'm sorry
for getting ahead of myself.

Please forgive me. :(
DELTAtheDboi005

Dev log moved to main post.
Last edited by DELTAtheDboi005 on Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DELTAtheDboi005

Remember kids: if you have ANY questions about the mod, feel free to ask away.
wildweasel
Moderator Team Lead
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10, 21H1
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by wildweasel »

Hello, sorry to bother you, but if you're going to post that many different posts so soon after each other, it may be better for you to Edit the last post than to make a whole new one.
DELTAtheDboi005

Ok, sorry
lu88lu

good job

Post by lu88lu »

looks good from what little there is so far
Last edited by lu88lu on Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”