DoomRPG Rebalance is a fork of the modifications Kyle873's Doom RPG and Doom RPG Sumwunn's Edition.
DoomRPG Rebalance is designed to balance the combined content of DoomRPG and DoomRLA to feel the depth of their capabilities.
This content can be enough to pass several WADs in a row (depending on player preference). In addition, you will be able to customize it.
Just go to DoomRPG Options -> Misc and see for yourself.
1. Last Build of 20.05.2023 (recommended)
2. Manual Installing
After installation be sure to DoomRPG settings reset (Options -> DoomRPG Otions -> Reset to defaults).
Reviews and Tutorials:
- added Corruption Cards 4.6c compatibility;
- fixed "...MonsterDeath script terminated" error in multiplayer;
- minor fixes.
- fix: "Starting map does not work." #400. This option now adds a start map to the teleporter when needed. For example, when you use Lexicon and/or Obsidian, you can add MAP01 to the teleporter and use that;
- fix: "runaway script, drpgweaponspawner terminated" could appear in the late stages of the game;
- minor balance changes.
DoomRL Arsenal compatibility changes:
- restored the function by which on the maps where appeared a unique or similar items - appears hinting to this message on the left to the top of the screen (pay attention to this to find something special);
- now each found unique or similar item increases the Danger Level (as in the original). Danger Level can be seen in the DoomRPG menu on the maps;
- Unique and Exotic weapons rearranged by priority of appearance/dropout;
- some recipes for crafting weapons through Dissasembling Device have been changed;
- fix: display HUD icons for Hellsing ARMS Casull and Anti Freak Jackal when taken together;
- fix: megasphere now gives double the player's health (previously it was at 200 HP);
- fix: megasphere now gives energy points.
- changed the Natural Stats Leveling coefficient formula for monsters. Now monsters don't have to become infinitely stronger over time;
- increased the chance of dropping Vials from monsters with auras;
- crates system balance tweaks;
- more variation and less repetition of items in Crates;
- adapting the new item spawn and crates system for multiplayer;
- some fixes to the logic of crates system;
- rewritten code for AUG Summon. Now it works steadily for all player's summons and subsummons monsters (with some exceptions);
- redesigned Archvile Summoned resurrection - now all resurrected monsters become Player's Summon and get bonuses from AUG Summon. All player's summon skills now also work for resurrected monsters. Since they are part of the Summons pool - there can also be a limited number of 10 monsters;
- now need a certain amount of Demon Artifacts to learn demon summoning skills;
- fix: the "WRP30-LITE" energy shield accessory now works as described;
- fix: display the time of use of Regen Spheres in the DoomRPG menu;
- fix: "using compendium and wadsmoosh together breaks level transitions for doom 1 levels". For details, click here.
- fix: now Last Soul received from Pain Elemental Summoned, as well as corpses revived by Archvile Summoned - can also teleport to the player;
- fix: corrected colors of the Uncommon and Superior crates names;
- fix: "Multiplayer game: sell/store items when interacting with Mission BBS and Assembling machine with Pandemonia". For details, click here.
- DoomRL Arsenal compat: changed formulas for dropping for armor/weapons DRLA Arsenal. Now there is a more pronounced difference in chances between gradations (Exotic > Superior > Unique > Demonic > Legendary). The cases when find several unique items in a row or vice versa - get a succession of standard items - are minimized. But it also depends on luck and map level (depending on your settings);
- DoomRL Arsenal Extended compat: the Nomad class can now carry all DoomRPG items between levels of the following types: Powerups/Stims/Augs/Turrets. The concept of the Nomad class remains intact, he still throws out weapons/armor/modpacks (except for the best pistol and demonic artifact);
- changed recipes for assembling Exotic/Unique armor (armor that can break is now cheaper to assemble);
- the Regeneration Sphere formula has been changed. Now this sphere is more useful in the early stages of the game, and is not imbalanced in the later stage;
- Time Freeze Sphere now works for 15 seconds (instead of 10). The cost of the sphere in the store is equivalent to the cost of Vial Chrono;
- now regeneration and freezing time spheres can appear on maps instead of other spheres (not much chance);
- money drop is reduced;
- fix "Can't pick up some rocket boxes". For details, click here.
- DRLA Extended compat: now can banish Familiars with the Unsummon skill (use overdrive for this). For those who do not know how to use overdrive: Press the run button + the button to use the skill;
- fix "Legendoom Lite health pickups not working" #355;
- now to disassemble the item you have to pay some credits (for the balance);
- changed the formula for calculating ammo capacity when "Natural Stats Leveling" is enabled. Now the player with this setting will not have double ammo capacity advantage;
- changed the formula for gaining experience for Capacity stat when "Natural Stats Leveling" is enabled. Now experience is gained if a character carries three or more items;
- reduced inventory capacity for use items. 6 at start, and 1 for every 5th level of Capacity (or for every 8th if "Natural Stats Leveling" enabled).
Fixed crashes when playing with the mod Corruption Cards 4.5a, in cases of Map Events:
- Feeding Frenzy;
- added Corruption Cards 4.4 compatibility.
- added GZDoom 4.10.0 compatibility in build;
- minor turret's balance changes;
- minor enemy monsters AI changes (for cases where there are turret or summons).
Turret's balance changes:
- turret armor can now be upgraded to level 20 (melee, bullet, fire, plasma);
- turret weapon can now be upgraded to level 20 (rocket, plasma,railgun);
- now you need 25 cells instead of 50 cells to charge the turret's railgun;
- slightly increased time before CoolDown turret activation (when upgrading "Rate of Fire").
- added DRLA Extended 1.0 beta compatibility;
- added Colourful Hell v0.99a compatibility;
- added Dehacked Attack v4.0 compatibility.
- balance changes: on highly populated maps now reduced drop from monsters and bosses (for maps with more than 250 monsters and 4 bosses).
- added Arena Transport;
- added new arena map (thanks to Demiosis);
- Increased starting cap for Rocket Ammo;
- Increased Rocket Ammo capacity for Demolitionist;
- minor bugs fixes.
- balance fixes for DoomRL Monsters - now the monsters from Armageddon will not appear until the middle stage of the game (for Adaptive difficulty);
- update compatibility patch for Corruption Cards v4.3;
- minor balance changes;
- bug fixes (from the "issues" tab of GitHub).
- added Pandemonia Monsters v2.2 compatibility (thanks to Ron Dallas).
- added compatibility with DoomRPG SE Launcher 1.3.1 (thanks to Forevener);
- added separate Roulette on Gold and Platina (thanks to Demiosis and Ron Dallas);
- added XP/Rank bar in HUD;
- added Corruption Cards 4.0 compatibility;
- added LegenDoom Lite compatibility - Monsters now have Max HP correctly calculated according to the settings of LegenDoom Lite;
- added chance for Mod Packs spawn in secret sectors (for DoomRL Arsenal);
- added "Customize Controls" in Doom RPG Options;
- added wads names in tranport menu (for WadSmoosh, Lexocon and Compendium map stets);
- added "+1 Aura Max Stack" for 4 level Psi Projector AUG;
- added Starting Map/Danger Level option in DoomRPG -> DRLA Monsters Options;
- added little chance drop full-ammo from monsters with weapons;
- now immunity will not be reduced if Stim is activated;
- Increased Skill Cost is not saved when moving to another map if option "Keep Auras between levels" is turned off;
- change formula for calculating aura time;
- now, if the natural leveling up is enabled, the energy perk looks like "Can stack an extra aura for every 50 energy invested". Instead of 25 previously;
- fixed a abuse with using low level aura spam to increase the aura time of the whole auras stack;
- fixed the self-completing mission bug in Outpost (need more tests);
- fixed credits disappearing on death in multiplayer despite credit drop being off;
- fixed wrong calculate bonus health for Blood Skull in DRLA;
- fixed wrong calculate bonus health for Survive and Extra Life;
- fixed issue with use action in start map.
Thanks to quippo0 for:
- fixed regen timers in stats menu displaying twice the actual time;
- made movement-based regen rates match what the comments said they should be;
- added perk level requirements display in stat menu perk page, because I forgot this was already open;
- fixed excess DRLAX items disappearing.
- added display perk level requirements;
- added chaingun guy and pain elemental familiars to gizmo unlocks;
- fixed modpack reviser not using RNG to pick reward;
- fixed arachnotron familiar dying when combat starts;
- fixed hell knight familiar passive working too fast;
- fixed hk passive affecting non-cooldown powerups;
- fixed Demon Assembling thing not taking RLDemonArtifactLimits;
- AddHealth and AddHealthDirect would give negative vitality XP if the health bonus was negative. they'd also delete any HP over MaxPercent, which may have been intentional, but the only use case is the Unmaker altfire health drain and I don't think it's supposed to function that way for more than one reason. as such I've removed this health capping behavior.
- changed return value from 1 to the amount healed, so the caller can know how much of the heal was applied, rather than if it was successful or not.
- fixed the EP-overflows-to-shields-and-health shield accessory only working when your shields initially reach full charge then doing nothing
- fixed the regeneration perk taking your EP regen rate increase as your burnout increases
- DRLAX balance changes:
- fixed the dark marty familiar becoming hilariously powerful after a few maps. he gains permanent attack increases on map change, so it doesn't trigger when transporting to or from the outpost now. it can still be triggered by replaying completed maps, which is in line with his description, but that may need to be adjusted in the future;
- also added compatibility with kinsie metaprops, since that mod removes the props it was checking for.
- added minor variance to initial spin speed, so you can't just hit the item you're aiming for 100% of the time;
- made luck stat influence speed variance, reaching minimum variance at 100 luck;
- tied ticking sound to when the wheel actually ticks over different items, so the sound slows down as the wheel slows down;
- made the wheel settle onto the item before it spits out the item.
Further regen fixes:
- movement-based regen worked way differently from what the comments indicated;
- made regen timers keep overflow when completing a regen cycle because that's how it ought to work;
- added display current item count when disassembling.
- added the ability to change the type of loot system (in DoomRPG -> Loot Generation). Now you can choose the type of loot system:
- Adaptive (DoomRPG Rebalance sytem. Depends on the Map and Luck Level);
- DoomRL Arsenal (Original);
- Depends on the Map Level only;
- Depends on the Luck Level only.
- added Demon Sanctuary in Outpost. You need rank 10 to get into the Sanctuary. In the sanctuary you can perform missions to get Demon Artifact as well as summon Demon Weapons and Armors. (Thanks to Ron Dallas);
- changes in compatibility and balance for DoomRLA EXTENDED [0.9be] (Thanks to DRouve);
- added sprites for half-ammo (Thanks to CzudakCzudak);
- added names for Danger Levels in DRPG menu (only for DRLA Monsters);
- minor balance changes.
- added the ability to assembly items in Disassembling Device;
- added support for DoomRLA EXTENDED [0.9be] - under development, need more tests (Thanks to DRouve);
- Disassembling Device interface and balance changes.
- Outpost has been cosmetically redesigned. (Thanks to Ron Dallas);
- added Operating Capsule in Outpost. You can now remove the cybernetic armor from DoomRLA. Works only with DoomRLA;
- added Disassembling Device in Outpost. Now you can take items apart. Weapons, armor, boots and shields are available for disassembly. Works only DoomRLA.
- added Compendium compatibility;
- now valuable loot (for quests) will not appear at the start spot of the map - to eliminate abuse.
- added the ability to use the turret from the AUG battery (look for the appropriate upgrade in the turret modules);
- when a turret is used from an AUG battery, the flow rate will be calculated according to the learned turret upgrades;
- the "Battery Capacity" turret upgrade now also reduces consumption if the turret is used from an AUG battery.
- the mechanics of turret's autoreload have been redesigned. Now the turret always replenishes the ammo;
- now at the outpost turret charges the battery, fixes and upgrades faster (to save time);
- the cost of charging, repairing and upgrading turrets has been rebalanced. Also changed the principle of withdrawal of credits for this;
- added the dependence of the rarity of items appearing for shop special (now the rarer items appear in a later stage of the game);
- the cost of maintance turrets is now halved if the player is in an outpost;
- now in Toasted Mod the turret laser does not appear (this improves performance);
- "Natural Stats Leveling" system rebalance;
- others minor balance changes.
- now "Natural Stats Leveling" can switches from on/off in game;
- perks now require twice as many stats when the "Natural Stats Leveling" is on;
- when determining the quality of a loot, the luck requirements are doubled when the "Natural Stats Leveling" is on;
- minor code cleaning;
- minor bugs fixed.
- Sniper Rifle now has less accuracy when shooting without a scope (for compatible with DoomRL Arsenal);
- the "Armor Repair" skill no longer works for armor types that cannot be repaired (for compatible with DoomRL Arsenal);
- the EP cost of the "Armor Repair" and "Night Vision" skills has been reduced;
- rewards for Map Events (100% killed monsters/secrets/items) are doubled;
- the generator now holds up to four canisters of fuel (for Environmental Hazard Event);
- fixed a voting bug when using the Transport skill in Co-op;
- minor balance changes;
- minor bugs fixed.
- Lexicon compatibility improved. The Sinstorm event now appears on Lexicon's maps with Icon of Sin (thanks to Ron_Dallas);
- fixed a bug where special events on e1m8, e2m8, and e3m8 would not work with DoomRLA Monsters;
- minor balance changes for LegenDoom compatibility.
- added description for shield parts in shop;
- fixed Archangelus's lack of healthbar (for DeHacked Attack);
- fixed Spirit Elemental sprites issue (for DeHacked Attack);
- fixed Suicide Bomber gibs issue (for DeHacked Attack).
- added DeHacked Attack 3.1 compatibility.
- added LegenDoom v2.8.3 compatibility;
- added Colourful Hell v0.98c compatibility;
- fixed minor bugs.
- added Rampancy 1.3 compatibility;
- Renegade perk fixed (now all taken shells activates double shot perk);
- fixed a bug when mods from weapons disappeared when dropped.
- Abominant will now not appear in the early stages of the game (for Adaptive Mode);
- Damage and level of bosses has been lowered.
- added a display in the AUG menu of the current level/level (illuminated description green/yellow respectively);
- added ability to walk with "Always Run" enabled by pressing the run button;
- minor bug and balance fixes.
- changed the running system (now it works like the standard one - with the button pressed or the "Always Run" setting turned on);
- added function of changing the current AUG level (+ changed the control in the AUG menu);
- added Delta Touch control compatibility (see DoomRPG Options -> Misc);
- added сhanging the display of menu prompts depending on the Joystick enabled;
- minor bug and balance fixes.
- added a basic setting for DoomRPG "Estimated counts of WADs" (look in DoomRPG Options -> Misc). The balance will be adjusted to the player's preference in game duration (can be 1-8 WADs in a row);
- redesigned system of appearance of new monsters on Adaptive difficulty (from DoomRLA). It now depends entirely on the "Estimated counts of WADs" setting;
- redesigned loot system (appearance of new weapons and armor depends on the game stage (more powerful weapons and armor at a later stage);
- redesigned formula for gaining experience from monsters;
- redesigned formulas for damage dealt and received by monsters;
- redesigned mission reward formulas;
- redesigned formulas for regeneration of monsters, bosses and megabosses (now bosses at high levels restore health within reasonable limits);
- redesigned auras actions;
- redesigned the cost of all skins;
- redesigned Crates system.
- added bonuses for every 5th Level-up;
- added bonus for map event clear;
- added option for enemy weapon drop. See "DoomRPG Options" -> "Doom RLA Monsters Options" -> "Enemy Weapon Drop Type";
- increased the interval of appearance of Reinforced Monsters (random 1-5 min);
- now AUG battery capacity depends on pumping of corresponding branch in AUG pumping menu (before cost depended on Capacity level);
- changed drop of bosses and megabosses (added drop of recipes and modpacks from DRLA, also there is a chance of drop of weapons and armor from DRLA);
- now drop energy shields from bosses depends on game stage (more powerful shields at later stage);
- added a new branch in AUG - to enhance the power of Summoned Monsters;
- now each summoned sammon increases the cost of the "Heal Summon" skill and the cost of summoning the sammons themselves (the "summon mastermind -> focus -> summon mastermind -> ...." abus-cycle no longer works);
- it is now possible to enable Sammons to automatically teleport to the player (single-player only) depending on the distance between the player and the Sammon (look for it in DoomRPG Options -> Misc);
- improved behavior of monsters if there are sammons. They are now much more useful than before;
- summoned marines are upgraded and change weapons (a total of 24 types) in proportion to the player's character level. Weapons from the DRLA are taken as the basis, so the infantryman's ability to pump works only with the DRLA turned on;
- each marine has his own sprites (936 new sprites) New infantrymen sprites were taken from the Marineskins v7 mod;
- marinesare get improvements when a certain amount of Level and Energy of the character is reached;
Full list of the new marine 's arsenal:Spoiler:- now the maximum number of extra lives is 5;
1) Marine with Pistol (Lv. 1 - Pistol, Lv. 2 - Combat Pistol, Lv. 3 - Dual Combat Pistol);
2) Marine with Battle Rifle (1 level - Battle Rifle, 2 level - High Power Battle Rifle, 3 level - Vanguard Battle Rifle);
3) Marine with Shotgun (1 level - Shotgun, 2 level - Combat Shotgun, 3 level - High Power Combat Shotgun);
4) Marine with Double Shotgun (1 level - Double Shotgun, 2 level - Quad Shotgun, 3 level - Quad Shotgun Mk2);
5) Marine with Chaingun (level 1 - Chaingun, level 2 - Minigun, level 3 - Laser Minigun);
6) Marine with Rocket Launcher (1 level - Rocket Launcher, 2 level - Missle Rocket Launcher, 3 level - Cluster Bombs Launcher);
7) Marine with Plasma Rifle (level 1 - Plasma Rifle, level 2 - High Power Plasma Rifle, level 3 - Plasma Rifle Mk2);
8) Marine with BFG9000 (1 level - BFG9000 , 2 level - VBFG9000, 3 level - BFG10000).
- added the ability to completely disable aura icons above the player (they are useless in single-player game);
- fixed the Environmental Hazard event - now it is not as tedious as before;
- added the ability to change the intensity of fog (Dark Zone Event) and poison drops (Vicious Downpour Event). Search in the menu DoomRPG Options -> Map Events;
- updated the magnetize skill to actually magnetize items around you in the field of sight (thanks FoxMcloud5655);
- add Corpses Cleanup function (in DoomRPG Performance options).
- fixed false positives Survival Bonus and Extra Life.
- improved Toaster Mode.
- fixed the dependence of the cost of skills on the use of auras. There was an interesting bug: if I turn on aura that should reduce the cost of skills, the actual cost of skills was displayed incorrectly (because the use of aura itself increases the cost);
- now the dark blue aura (regenerate ammo) does not work in Outpost in peacetime (you could regenerate ammo infinitely);
- fixed minor bugs with the use of AUG;
Changed "Soul Steal" skill mechanics:
- each soul absorbed using the "Soul Steal" skill now gives a bonus to the corresponding characteristic, when the player accumulates a certain number of souls, he gets the corresponding aura level;
- the "Soul Steal" skill has a base cost of 50 EP (+5 ep for each accumulated soul, cost cap - 200 EP);
- the first absorbed soul gives +30 to the timer, this value will decrease depending on the number of accumulated souls (the more souls, the harder to maintain the bonus);
Added checking the type of armor when repairing at the Outpost. Now it is consistent with the balance of DoomRLA, namely: it is impossible to repair the following armor:
- Fire Shield Armor;
- Tower Shield Armor;
- Ballistic Shield Armor;
- Energy Shield Armor;
- Plasma Shield Armor;
- Rechargeable Energy Shield Armor.
And there are many other changes in the balance. Just try it for yourself.
The build also includes:
DoomRL Monsters Pack Beta 7.3;
DoomRLA Extended 1.0 beta;
The Sentinel's Lexicon - PvE mapset Compilaition;
Our Discord server.
Source code on GitHub.