GOLDEN AXE DOOM! (DEMO)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
The T_W_C

GOLDEN AXE DOOM! (DEMO)

Post by The T_W_C »

GldenAxeDOOM_TwitterBanner.png
FIXED THE LINE DEF PROBLEM WITH BEING ABLE TO GET STUCK IN THE WELL IN MAP01

FIXED THE THE BUG THAT KEPT THE LIFE SYSTEM FROM WORKING PROPERLY FOR GILIUS THUNDERHEAD AND TYRIS FLARE

Golden Axe doom DEMO is an attempt by me to recreate the gameplay world and mood of the original GOLDEN AXE hack'n'slash SEGA games in GZDooM.

A 3 map DEMO of my upcoming GOLDEN AXE DOOM

take control of the three iconic heroes of the Golden Axe series GILIUS THUNDERHEAD, TYRIS FLARE, and AX BATTLER as you chase down Death adder and his armies!

3 different characters with their own unique magic and attacks!

Golden axe's iconic Hack'n'slash action re-imagined in first person

-no dragon mounts (yet) unfortunately

LOADS OF SECRETS AND EASTER EGGS

Music straight from the games with some original music by the talented Industrial/synth metal artist GregorioXFranco!

BUY HIS MUSIC!

GregorioXfranco Bandcamp

https://innerselfrecords.bandcamp.com/

GregorioXfranco twitter

https://twitter.com/gregorioxfranco

TESTED IN LATEST GZDOOM ONLY

-free look NEEDED

-jumping NEEDED

-auto run OFF
-auto run OFF
-auto run OFF
-auto run OFF
-auto run OFF

-uses DOOM II IWAD

MODDB LINK HERE!!!!!!!

GOLDEN AXE DOOM DEMO!

https://www.moddb.com/games/doom-ii/dow ... nloadsform

MODDB LINK HERE!!!!!

Gameplay!

https://youtu.be/4uKU9dPN0JA
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by The T_W_C on Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Captain J

Re: GOLDEN AXE DOOM! (DEMO)

Post by Captain J »

Promising and neat mod you made there. Tho i'm seeing some awkward things like enemies dashing faster than light and disappearing upon death, not able to use magic through keybind despite having enough potions, Tyris' weapon sprites being cut off, Gilius literally surpasses the rest(Alt-Fire spam), 1st and 2nd map having nearly-impossible platforms to jump on, and Death Adder sitting on his invisible throne. I'm pretty sure this project will be improved time to time.

Tho i had good fun with slashing and dashing towards the enemies. It has that good ol' beat 'em up impact to it, so yeah, i'd like to see it updated with what original series showed us!

Also one advice, be sure to share screenshot or gameplay vid in OP so people can see what this project's all about.
The T_W_C

Post by The T_W_C »

Captain J wrote:Promising and neat mod you made there. Tho i'm seeing some awkward things like enemies dashing faster than light and disappearing upon death, not able to use magic through keybind despite having enough potions, Tyris' weapon sprites being cut off, Gilius literally surpasses the rest(Alt-Fire spam), 1st and 2nd map having nearly-impossible platforms to jump on, and Death Adder sitting on his invisible throne. I'm pretty sure this project will be improved time to time.

Tho i had good fun with slashing and dashing towards the enemies. It has that good ol' beat 'em up impact to it, so yeah, i'd like to see it updated with what original series showed us!

Also one advice, be sure to share screenshot or gameplay vid in OP so people can see what this project's all about.
the blue/green thieves are supposed to dash away and disappear on death, just like in the original sega/arcade version

And enemies are supposed to disappear on death in general.

I didnt bother fixing Death Bringer's invisible throne cuz i thought it was silly and sometimes silly is good

if magic is not working, u might have to bind it to Q in the controls, otherwise its because different characters need different amounts of magic potions to do their attacks, with Gilius needing the least and Tyris needing the most
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

The T_W_C wrote:the blue/green thieves are supposed to dash away and disappear on death, just like in the original sega/arcade version
I'm referring to the hostile enemies in general. Not just thieves because i know they flee quickly once they're out of items. What i'm saying is that enemies in the game sprint towards you in super-sonic speed. That's something i haven't seen in the original game.
And enemies are supposed to disappear on death in general.
I admit that i'm more of an arcade Golden Axe fan so yeah, that's reasonable.
I didnt bother fixing Death Bringer's invisible throne cuz i thought it was silly and sometimes silly is good
I do believe there's an easy fix like adding a prop that uses the sprite of Death Bringer? on his Throne that spawns real actor of himself once Adder dies. But i'm sure you'll find a good solution.
if magic is not working, u might have to bind it to Q in the controls, otherwise its because different characters need different amounts of magic potions to do their attacks, with Gilius needing the least and Tyris needing the most
Oh... Ooookay i turned off the autorun and NOW the magic work, plus i can walk sideways. I get that it was inspired from original game, being slow and all but now i can't dash properly. Dash attack is there but in speed wise, not really. But thanks for the tip! It's a lot more playable now.

Also got another question. When i die, i get up and feels like i have unlimited lives. How many extra lives i get when i start the game?
Last edited by Captain J on Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The T_W_C

Post by The T_W_C »

hold shift to run

when u run out of blue life bars you die for real and get the game over

glad u seem to be enjoying it so far!
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Oh, you mean the run key. I haven't used this for a while because it feels so much convenient to turn autorun on. But i feel like a dumbo and again, thanks for the tip. And yeah, i do enjoy this TC!

EDIT: I almost forgot but, yeah. I do have limited lives but only for Ax Battler. Other classes seem to not complying with the lives system.
Logan MTM

Post by Logan MTM »

Spoiler:
The T_W_C

Post by The T_W_C »

Bumping for bug fixes/updates

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”