(tbh this green robot doesn't appear in the mod but soon will be implemented. So no clickbait)
Blast off and strike the evil Bydo Empire!
Hello again! I created several mods that are mostly inspired on a lot of animations and video games, not based on them. Basically i couldn't create a fanmade project dedicated to one media, that i honestly like and are faithful to it. But then i saw R-Type, one of my favorite shmup with deep lore and cool looking spaceships. And then i saw R-Type Final 2 trailer this year, made me so motivated to work on and this is the result!
The story starts off with the second sortie of R-9HX1 ARCHER, the predecessor of ginormous humanoid weapon, TL-T CHIRON. After the huge amount of combat data received from R-9A ARROWHEADs, the Earth Allied Armed Forces(aka Space Corps) started on the experiment of producing hefty R-Fighter variants based on one model. Each model had its own purpose, armament, mostly powered by
This mod is basically 'What if R-Type was in Doom' in every adaptation doom mod justice. There might be some differences if you played the original game for a long time. Some features haven't included yet, and i'm not a professional when it comes to doom modding. But i'm trying my best and i hope it satisfies you and your taste on R-Type in any way.
And be sure to know that this mod is still in WIP state. Things like Bits and Forces are not there at the moment and i'm about to slowly add more and more. Feedback is always welcome!
- Use 5 Weapon Crystals and 2 Aux Weapons from the original R-Type series, plus with 5 more Aux Weapons!
- Charge your Wave Cannon to obliterate the horde of enemies in few shots!
- Look around for useful Powerups, perhaps you could also obtain some specimens developed by the hands of the Space Corps...
- Upgrade your Weapon Crystal by obtaining the exact same one. It packs a lot of punch!
- Enemies also follow the principal of the original game: Exploding in climactic way possible!
Spoiler: Screenshots(Map used: Equinox)
Spoiler: Some Tips you should know
Spoiler: Credits(from the main file)
Spoiler: Todo List