This project is inspired by WADSMOOSH by JP LeBreton. Go check it out too.
Currently HXDD supports the base classes from Heretic and Hexen. If you have Hexen II PAK files, these classes will be playable via the menu but are still under development.
- Unified Game & Episode Structure
Play Heretic, Hexen and Deathkings from one menu with any class from either game!
- Hexen II Leveling
A highly expanded version of the leveling system found in Hexen II.
- Selectable Armor Modes
Simple and AC, selected in New Game.
- Mod Support via PlayerSheets
Allows for cross game pickups and actors and expanded PlayerClass definitions. PlayerSheets will allow your mod to support HXDD only features without needing to expand actors or make another version of your mod. Just create a new json under playersheets/.json and you're ready to start!
- Korax Localization
Select between English, French, German, and Japanese for languages used by Hexen 64 Localizations.
- Title Screen Customization
Change the Artwork and Music to any of the games in the series, also has support for using Steam's Hero Artwork as Titles.
- Hexen II Classes
You can use many of the classes now in a WORK IN PROGRESS state. Focusing on finishing these classes are next for the major gameplay updates.
- PWAD Mode
HXDD will build out to a slimmed DOOM compatible pwad, sometime during beta or post 1.0 release.
- Heretic II Corvus
Currently in an prototyping phase, due to the amount of work required.
Menu & UI: Further updates and streamlining.
Completion of the remaining Hexen II Classes (Paladin, Crusader, Necromancer, Assassin, Demoness) and Pickups.
Download & Source
- Launch HXDD.exe
- Select your GZDOOM Folder
- Select your Heretic wad File (heretic.wad)
- Select your Hexen wad File (hexen.wad)
- Select your Hexen DeathKings wad file (hexdd.wad)
- Choose the options you want to utilize - if any.
- Click on Build HXDD to start building hxdd.ipk3 - this may take more than a few minutes.
- When complete, copy hxdd.ipk3 to where you keep your wads for GZDOOM.
- Run GZDOOM and select HXDD.
Your selections will be stored for the next time you run it.
When using Hexen II PAK files with HXDD you will need Noesis by Rich Whitehouse.
Download and place the Noesis zip file in the same folder as HXDD's exe.
Select the PAK files in the application and ensure Enable Hexen II is checked.
HXDD will use Noesis to open PAK files and export model data for use with GZDOOM.