DER works well, overall, with only one minor bug I'm aware of. I would like to fix it, but it's a matter of engine details I know little about, so I don't even know where to start. (Full disclosure: DER is a fork of AI Director, and this is an inherited bug that Josh771 wasn't able to fix.)
The bug is that a small percentage of dynamically spawned enemies can be clipped into a wall. In the attached pk3 file, I wrote a comment block at the start of the Zscript file that explains it in detail.
It's easy to reproduce the bug, with these steps:
Spoiler: Steps to ReproduceI realize this thread is a long shot, but I figured I might as well ask.
edit: Good thing I asked for help! Now that it's fixed in DER_v3, I deleted the debug pk3 here. If you want to reproduce this problem in the current version, simply comment out the use of CheckMove.
Also, here's the comment block and debug settings mentioned in my original post:
Spoiler: debug code